Breakaway July 1 -10 photo blog/review

Chesneygirl

Awesome pictures. I never noticed this itinerary for the Breakaway. I looked and don't see a similar one for 2017 although I'm working hard on the hubs to take the Jade next summer around England, France and Germany. We've done the Breakaway twice and love that ship. All of your pictures reminded me of the things we love most (the waterfront and headliners especially) and how we won't be seeing those on the Pearl in 3 weeks.

Awesome pictures. I never noticed this itinerary for the Breakaway. I looked and don't see a similar one for 2017

I was on this cruise. The ship was chartered by Mass Mutual (?) for 5 days before this 9 day. This was scheduled to get back to the 7 day Bermuda route.

The Marriott Marquis is perfectly situated right in the heart of Time Square.

We were literally just steps away from anything we wanted to see and do.

I was originally booked at the Double Tree because the Marriott was a little pricey when I first started looking at hotels. About a week before the cruise I happen to check prices and saw that it had dropped significantly. So I cancelled the Double Tree reservation and booked the Marriott. I think we paid something like $286 for the night. The revolving roof top restaurant/bar is really neat to see. We didn't eat there but we did enjoy a couple of drinks.

We would definitely stay there again!

Really loving your review.We are going to be staying in New York for 2 days before our cruise.Will be there for New Years Eve staying at The Hotel Times Square

Awesome pictures. I never noticed this itinerary for the Breakaway. I looked and don't see a similar one for 2017 although I'm working hard on the hubs to take the Jade next summer around England, France and Germany. We've done the Breakaway twice and love that ship. All of your pictures reminded me of the things we love most (the waterfront and headliners especially) and how we won't be seeing those on the Pearl in 3 weeks.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!

This was a unique one time only itinerary due to a 5 day chartered cruise the week before. The Breakaway is now back on schedule doing Sunday to Sunday Bermuda runs. Although I would do this itinerary again in a heartbeat if it was offered.

Love your photos.We did Escape this Jan and will be going on Breakaway this Jan for 2 weeks.Love seeing the two ships together.Hope we get to see them next to each other.

It really was something to see both of these ships together!

I hope you get to experience it as well.

Did you come across a butler named Gian he was ours on the Dawn but was being transferred to the breakaway. Great guy and a wonderful butler.

Sorry I did not come across that name but that doesn't mean he wasn't there. We loved our butler Armando...such a GREAT guy!

Sounds wonderful...wish I was going with you!!

Enjoy!!

Thank you.We are flying from the UK.Will be a very long day New Years Eve.We arrive in New York at 1pm with the time difference.Will try and do as much site seeing as we can before we board the ship 2 days later.Been 6 years since I have been to New York so looking forward to this trip.

Did you come across a butler named Gian he was ours on the Dawn but was being transferred to the breakaway. Great guy and a wonderful butler.

We had Gian on the Dawn! He was fantastic! Didn't know he was going on the BA.

We loved our towel animals! As you can see we collected them throughout our week.

e5156b4695ffa2d92e564e2604763411.jpg

b9c4d0f18aae0fc7df9f5a2b2289fa82.jpg

7ea949af3583c2be26d9d47ef15f4b02.jpg

a300600ea2905cfafdb104d085a848b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How did you get the birthday cupcake and animal?

Did you tell them ahead of time or on the ship about your daughter's birthday.

Did you pay for the $35 birthday 'package'?

Was the brithday stuff there from day 1?

I'm traveling with my nephew in August and it's his birthday too so that's why I'm so interested.

How did you get the birthday cupcake and animal?

Did you tell them ahead of time or on the ship about your daughter's birthday.

Did you pay for the $35 birthday 'package'?

Was the brithday stuff there from day 1?

I'm traveling with my nephew in August and it's his birthday too so that's why I'm so interested.

We didn't buy any birthday package..I just happen to mention to Anoop our concierge that my daughter was having a birthday while on our cruise. He was very gracious and said he would have a cupcake delivered to our cabin on her birthday. Apparently word got around because quite a few crew members were wishing her Happy Birthday. She couldn't understand how everyone seem to know. Our butler even sang a little birthday song to her. It was very cute!

loved the review with all the pictures - can't wait to get out of work so I can see the videos!

Thanks and I hope you enjoy the videos!

I'm still working on the current video but unfortunately I will have to put it on the back burner for a short time. I'm doing a wedding shoot this weekend and that will have to take priority. :p :)

Yes and both of my kids 17 and 20 years old stayed in that 2nd bedroom. They were fine and said they never slept better!

You can see the pull down on the ceiling in this photo. Once I do a video tour of the suite you will see it all set up for them.

7ace010ddf3fb536e713d82e44f62916.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How big is the bottom bed? We are in 16120 this November with 4 teens and in the video when the bottom bed is made it looks small. Does it fit 2 or is it the couch in the living room that fits 2?

How big is the bottom bed? We are in 16120 this November with 4 teens and in the video when the bottom bed is made it looks small. Does it fit 2 or is it the couch in the living room that fits 2?

Both bunks only fit one person each. I would say the other 2 teens will have to sleep on the couch.

Did you happen to watch my video? :)

It shows the beds all set up in that 2nd bedroom and should give you a better idea of how big they are.

https://vimeo.com/174403457

Both bunks only fit one person each. I would say the other 2 teens will have to sleep on the couch.

Did you happen to watch my video? :)

It shows the beds all set up in that 2nd bedroom and should give you a better idea of how big they are.

https://vimeo.com/174403457

I did watch the video - that is what concerned me! :( I was under the impression that the second bedroom in a 6 person room slept 3 people, then 2 in the master and 1 in the living room. A 5 person room would be one without the pull down bunk in the second bedroom leaving 2 sleeping in that room on that couch, 2 in the master and 1 in the living room.

That bed looks TIGHT!!!! We were thinking that my DD and her friend who are 15 would share that bottom bed, my 18yo son would go up top and my 13yo son would be in the living room. :(

I did watch the video - that is what concerned me! :( I was under the impression that the second bedroom in a 6 person room slept 3 people, then 2 in the master and 1 in the living room. A 5 person room would be one without the pull down bunk in the second bedroom leaving 2 sleeping in that room on that couch, 2 in the master and 1 in the living room.

That bed looks TIGHT!!!! We were thinking that my DD and her friend who are 15 would share that bottom bed, my 18yo son would go up top and my 13yo son would be in the living room. :(

Unless they are super tiny girls I don't think the bottom bunk is going to work.

You would be better off having them share the pullout couch in the living area and giving the boys the bunk beds.

I just ran it by my 17 year old daughter who slept in the top bunk and she said no way could another person have fit on the bed with her. Sorry....

Just an FYI - The main couch is pretty big and I did see it pulled out in someone's else suite who's teen kids were sharing it. I assume they had the same size couch as the one in our suite.

Edited by Chesneygirl

Thank you so much for your review!

We had Adrian last time we were in the Haven and he was so wonderful. We didn't need much but when we did, wow! His assistant was wonderful too. Actually, everyone was! I couldn't understand every time our butler would see us, she would say, oh, I just say your ds (she called him by name) in the gym or wherever. I swore they would look for him on the cameras LOL

I am glad to see that Anoop is now on the ship and hopefully will be there in August. I was reading over the winter that Mike was there and it didn't sound like he particularly cared for his job with the reviews he was getting.

We will be sailing in cabin 16720, also an H4, and cannot wait!

I am going to start taking clothes out tonight I think for our August trip LOL