Breakaway July 1 -10 photo blog/review

Chesneygirl

I was so excited to see your post this morning. Your photos are wonderful and I love your vacation videos! I've been following your videos since I stumble on to your Dawn 2-bedroom suite video on YouTube years ago. We're doing the breakaway next month in a Haven H4 also, so this is like a sneak peek!

Also we must have similar taste, because just like you we were considering doing a pre cruise night at the Marriott Marquis. What were your thoughts on the hotel? Location seems perfect as we hoped to do Times Square, The Empire State Building, and possibly a dinner at Keen's Steakhouse. Any input (or photos) would be much appreciated!

Anxiously awaiting the rest!

The Marriott Marquis is perfectly situated right in the heart of Time Square.

We were literally just steps away from anything we wanted to see and do.

I was originally booked at the Double Tree because the Marriott was a little pricey when I first started looking at hotels. About a week before the cruise I happen to check prices and saw that it had dropped significantly. So I cancelled the Double Tree reservation and booked the Marriott. I think we paid something like $286 for the night. The revolving roof top restaurant/bar is really neat to see. We didn't eat there but we did enjoy a couple of drinks.

We would definitely stay there again!

Next port day was St Thomas. We were so torn between taking a ferry over to St John or staying on the island. In the end we decided to stay and go to Megan's Bay.

Sun coming up over St Thomas.

c4401c57d0098873ab62528068cd0fff.jpg

1081b958b17a706ac08e6a88f53c8cd2.jpg

3b337ea88a5b29e4143b496b80ccf21c.jpg

e437a27a50d1a7884a5cd7db3effd76d.jpg

4b8a486f310a3fae5d38d8311f204324.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great review---pics are outstanding--was there a Pullman bed (came down from ceiling) in the second bedroom?

Yes and both of my kids 17 and 20 years old stayed in that 2nd bedroom. They were fine and said they never slept better!

You can see the pull down on the ceiling in this photo. Once I do a video tour of the suite you will see it all set up for them.

7ace010ddf3fb536e713d82e44f62916.jpg

Hi

We have been on the breakaway 4 times and agree with you. In the Haven was Ren the attendant? He is the best. We are going in Aug in the courtyard.

Thanks

MigMan

This was my 4th time on the Breakaway and just when I think the next cruise can't get much better, it just does! We are huge fans of NCL. They have the best crew at sea and that really does make a difference in the experience.

I did not run into anyone named Ren in the Haven courtyard.

For an excursion in Tortola we did Escape to Jost Van Dyke. This was definitely a great time and one of many highlights from our cruise. We sailed over on the Rebel Yell catamaran. Tip: don't sit in the very front unless you don't mind getting soaked. We sat in the front both ways. Coming back was much worse. People were feeling the effects of their alcohol and begging the Captain to go faster over the waves which she happily obliged. It felt like we were on a wet roller coaster ride! Lots of fun!!

287fe80618919da8c14cce6755e46bc2.jpg

b75b1c1ac64943a977c69ed2d0b93660.jpg

58df8b423894f976c127c77448dcd117.jpg

c7a1dc7025f5720e218b076f96b1bc3f.jpg

1f33c60acd7dcab68310b19cd2d8ed6f.jpg

7bd3f7cc02800f9f931fe98aaa60bda3.jpg

Being a huge Kenny Chesney fan, I have always want to visit Ivan's beach bar that he made famous in his music. It was an easy walk over from the Soggy Dollar but make sure to where your shoes. The walk over gets a little rocky.

The view from the path going over to Ivan's.

1596e7382d9e86898c89dba08abc8cf2.jpg

5d4b12b26eaf98103a3d5dd39b526007.jpg

272f05d1d5fee0410956897a34f3bdea.jpg

40547e0fe7ef3c97c9531d3e63ec4bdc.jpg

Your pictures are so beautiful! If my husband liked tropical weather, I'd be looking for jobs in any of these places ASAP, ha!

We lived in Cambridge, MA for a time and it was his favorite place ever. Too cold for me and I hope I never have to dig another car out of snow again! :)

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your unique trip, thanks for the great review!

Your pictures are so beautiful! If my husband liked tropical weather, I'd be looking for jobs in any of these places ASAP, ha!

We lived in Cambridge, MA for a time and it was his favorite place ever. Too cold for me and I hope I never have to dig another car out of snow again! :)

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your unique trip, thanks for the great review!

Ha I feel the same way! Unfortunately I'm stuck with cold winters for awhile longer. My husband isn't retiring anytime soon. [emoji4]