Movies outside on the Summit?

inforem

My son and daughter-in-law just came back yesterday from the Summit cruise. He was in an Aqua Class room. We have been on the Summit for 6 cruises, but missed last year (due to him getting married). He informed me that they now show movies outside. Is that a new thing and how current are the movies? Most importantly…do they have popcorn?

This rooftop terrace area was installed during Summit's recent dry-dock. They do show pretty recent movies, but the only one I can remember is the new Star Wars movie. The times and titles are in the on-board entertainment sheet placed in your rooms each day. Don't know about the popcorn. Happy Cruising Bob and Linda

Got back from the Summit on Sunday. Watched newest Star Wars on the new outdoor screen. We were docked at Bermuda so no wind factor. Not a fan of the outdoor screens but did enjoy watching Star Wars for the third time. No popcorn. Earlier they do a food and movie pairing. Not first run movies but something Celebrity put together. Believe it was $20.00.

DH and I sailed the Summit 1.5 years ago, and they were showing movies under the stars then. Can't remember what the movie was, but I remember it was a new release, and yes, they had popcorn. :)

I wonder if the movie under the stars was shown on a temporary screen when you were onboard. We sailed the Summit in Feb, just prior to drydock and there was no outdoor screen at that time...still had to be installed.

DH and I sailed the Summit 1.5 years ago, and they were showing movies under the stars then. Can't remember what the movie was, but I remember it was a new release, and yes, they had popcorn. :)

I've sailed the Summit 4 times and have never seen this offered.

It's new since the drydock in late Feb./early March. I think they need to publicize the movies more. We only got last-minute notice of them in May. Will have to give it a try in October, as the one "Taste of Film" showing in May wasn't very appealing to me. Glad they change the movies up frequently!

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Do they have movies under the stars on Reflection?

No. I have been on the Reflection 4 times, the last September 2015. They have an indoor movie theatre, however.

I believe the "Movie Under the Stars" is something Princess has trademarked.