Taking drinks off the ship

Spoot

Hi, I've done some searching online but the answers I've found have been mostly about food, which I know the rules about!! I'm hypoglycemic and our next cruise is super port intensive, so a lot of time off the ship. I was hoping to bring my yeti (or another refillable container) off shore with maybe OJ in it. Is this allowed?? I'm traveling to the southern Caribbean out of San Juan. No rude comments please TIA [emoji5]

I have never seen a problem with bringing a drinking container off the ship. If you are carrying it off filled might be a problem, but I can't believe they would care about OJ. You could always find OJ in the port and fill it on land.

I say go for it. Most they will say is you have to pour it out.

Hi, I've done some searching online but the answers I've found have been mostly about food, which I know the rules about!! I'm hypoglycemic and our next cruise is super port intensive, so a lot of time off the ship. I was hoping to bring my yeti (or another refillable container) off shore with maybe OJ in it. Is this allowed?? I'm traveling to the southern Caribbean out of San Juan. No rude comments please TIA [emoji5]

Yes, you can take a refillable bottle full of juice off the ship.

We met a young couple on a cruise earlier this year. They and their friends had purchased CHEERS and over two days had ordered sealed bottles of beer. At one of the ports, they all carried off small coolers of said beer to enjoy at the beach. I thought that was brilliant.

You can take off no problem, just won't be able to bring any back on with you.

We have always brought drinks back on the ship with us. Last week we brought bottles of Coke, some were open, and 2 bottles of tequila-not open:D

Yes, you can take a refillable bottle full of juice off the ship.

We met a young couple on a cruise earlier this year. They and their friends had purchased CHEERS and over two days had ordered sealed bottles of beer. At one of the ports, they all carried off small coolers of said beer to enjoy at the beach. I thought that was brilliant.

I agree that sounds like a great idea. But it's probably in violation of the Cheers package and, depending on the port, local liquor laws. And more importantly, unless it was Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada, or Cigar City, in violation of good beer drinking:D

If it's in a water bottle or covered/closed container, they won't say anything to you on return either.

They've relaxed the rules a bit. When it first started they'd store your alcohol but throw away your other drinks. Now they'll let you on with a reasonable amount. YMMV

Our experience was on the Miracle. Don't know if it was a relaxing of the rules or sailing so many times that the gangway security knew us by the third cruise. Even odder was that we've sailed with several of them on other Los Angeles based cruises.

Edited by SadieN

My wife always had her green water bottle with her and at no point did they say anything about it. I was using a gatorade bottle as my makeshift water bottle (forgot mine) and nothing about that either. Only thing the whole trip they stopped us on was she had an almost empty water bottle heading into the port building before checkin which they made her abandon.

She also had fruit chewies with her on shore as well in case blood sugar got low.

You can also get those glucose tablets...fast acting if you get a major sugar low....

They don't care about taking drinks OFF the ship, but they won't allow opened containers back ON....so if you have an unfinished drink, you'll have to drink it or pour it out before reboarding the ship.