transAtlantic, we FINALLY book one

Ox Fan Cruiser

We have done similar TAs three times. Each time, the weather was mild and beautiful but the speed of the ship, with no land masses around, made it quite windy outdoors. I wore long sleeves most of the time. Many people in shorts and bathing suits on pool deck, though. My favorite kind of cruise!

We have done similar TAs three times. Each time, the weather was mild and beautiful but the speed of the ship, with no land masses around, made it quite windy outdoors. I wore long sleeves most of the time. Many people in shorts and bathing suits on pool deck, though. My favorite kind of cruise!

Thanks. This will be our 4th time on Celebrity. We've done Solstice, Silhouette & Reflection. These in addition to Caribbean Princess & NCL Breakaway. IMVHO, Celebrity is the best.

It will start out hot and muggy in Miami and progressively getting cooler to Lisbon (~20-22C) and with a little luck sunny and 18C in Southampton although more than likely to be somewhat rainy.

You will get more sun if your cabin is on the starboard side whilst heading to Lisbon.

It will start out hot and muggy in Miami and progressively getting cooler to Lisbon (~20-22C) and with a little luck sunny and 18C in Southampton although more than likely to be somewhat rainy.

You will get more sun if your cabin is on the starboard side whilst heading to Lisbon.

It is on the STBD side. I chose it for that reason.

We did this trip back in 2013 at roughly the same time of year, yes it indeed started off very nice but the last few days was a bit grim, grey sky's and rain for most of the last section,

Fingers crossed you have better luck, one think for sure is the North Atlantic weather can be anything at any time

Expect hot and sunny weather all the way from Miami but then decreasing day by day as you cross the Atlantic arriving in Lisbon to mild weather that can be rainy. The last two days up to Southampton are a gamble. We've had lovely sunshine in April but also rain and choppy seas. Also anticipate losing an hour most nights due to the clock changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, you really don't know in advance how the weather will be. We've done 10+ TA's, and it's always a mixed bag.

This past April on Equinox, we had rough seas the first few days out, and then gorgeous weather afterwards. In past years, there has been some rain, other times, just sun.

Just enjoy your cruise.

Yes we sail on the Eclipse in April to Southampton. This will be our 6th cruise so far. What kind of weather should we expect?

We just did the April TA from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton on the Silhouette. After a few days it got cold and awful windy, there were times when you couldn't/shouldn't go out on the deck. When we arrived in Southampton it was in the 40s and windy. I don't know if this was the norm or not.

From above: "Also anticipate losing an hour most nights due to the clock changes."

Actually you will lose the 2:00pm to 3:00pm hour eastbound. An easier solution, IMHO, than losing the hour in the middle of the night.

Bon voyage

Betsy

Yes we sail on the Eclipse in April to Southampton. This will be our 6th cruise so far. What kind of weather should we expect?

We did FLL to Harwich in early May 2013 and the weather was warm until after we passed the Azores. Then it was windy and chilly and the pool was not usable.

Actually you will lose the 2:00pm to 3:00pm hour eastbound. An easier solution, IMHO, than losing the hour in the middle of the night.

On every Celebrity TA that we have been on, the Captain changed the ship's clock at 2 AM. So we did lose an hours sleep each night. That is the reason we prefer westbound TA's to Eastbound, we gain an hour sleep each night.

On an Eastbound TA, starboard side is more desirable because it is sheltered from the prevailing northwesterly winds. You also get sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon.

Sometimes, the seas get a bit rough, but the Captain will change course slightly and reduce speed to make for a more comfortable ride.

We love TA's! They are our favorite itinerary! What we don't like is the 8 to 10 hour flight back from Europe.