Call from NCL re: water

NW Pacific

At this point though how has notice actually been given to passengers? Other than my being on cruise critic, we have received no notification on our booking of any new policy regarding bringing on beverages. Will be interesting to see if we suddenly receive a notification after our final payment due date, which is 4 days from now.

You won't ever receive a notification about a policy change. If you expect one you are dreaming.

On two of our cruises they waived the corkage fee for our Cliquot ( 40 bucks at Publix!) we had 3 bottles each time.

We didn't bother on more recent cruises- I can't stand Schleping all that weight.

But from what I am reading on these rant threads, NCL has been generous in allowing s many and varied beverages aboard. RCL doesn't . Ya'll had a good run, folks. Be thankful for that !

As for their secret way of announcing- scummy, yes. But this isn't an incident for which I plan to become a SJW.

Not really rationale when you look at the big picture and not only how it affects little ol' you. What really is your point and intent, you just keep personally attacking and repeating the same thing? It is about the loss of value and is another cut-back by NCL; some of us really liked the good customer respect NCL used to have.

To each their own; but complaining and ranting about other's opinions is disrespectful. I respectfully ask you to move on if the opinions on CC about this upset you; you appear to be upset, not sure why. No need to keep badgering people, on several threads, who don't agree with you. Thank you.

you would think all cruise lines would do all possible to prevent the spread of germs and such on board their ships.... with that being said, forcing everyone to use the public drinking fountains has to increase the chances of such ...

1 liter? That's it? All that effort for 1 liter of water?

My thoughts exactly. It will cost more in time to cancel and research other lines make new reservations, etc than it would to buy 1 litre of water. Just my opinion.

Edited by debster11

a week or so ago. Couldn't care less that I can't bring water onboard. The water from the tap is great. I have been on over 35 cruises on lots of different lines and only drank water from either the bathroom sink, in the dining room or in the buffet...all from a glass I should say!

I think your all nuts in your reaction to this...especially those who want to cancel their cruises. NCL is wonderful and we are on a cruise in October. Very much looking forward to it

Not really rationale when you look at the big picture and not only how it affects little ol' you. What really is your point and intent, you just keep personally attacking and repeating the same thing? It is about the loss of value and is another cut-back by NCL; some of us really liked the good customer respect NCL used to have.

To each their own; but complaining and ranting about other's opinions is disrespectful. I respectfully ask you to move on if the opinions on CC about this upset you; you appear to be upset, not sure why. No need to keep badgering people, on several threads, who don't agree with you. Thank you.

I have not attacked anyone! I am not a ranter. You have me confused with someone else. I have not badgered either . I did ask one guy why he was being a jerk when he accused me of booking a Haven suite to save 18% gratuity and advised me how stupid that was. Other than that I give a comment here or there.

Yes, I think it was Awesome Sauce that NCL allowed beverages for those of you who are Coke aficionados and like the convenience and savings of carrying on water. RCL has had a no beverages policy for as long as I have been cruising.i also disagree with they way NCL psuedo -announced this AND suggested that they could have covered all that have made final by simply moving the effective date to 120 days from the announcement. I also don't feel disrespected by an ubiquitous NCL rep on the end of the phone to whom I speak when necessary.

I suppose that you would like it if the only folks allowed to have an opinion are the rabid anti- NCL folks.

And if you had actually read my posts you would know that I cancelled our water package and told the clerk it was in solidarity with those who are affected by the change.

You certainly are on one heck of a high horse . Better get some help getting down so that you don't sprain an ankle.

a week or so ago. Couldn't care less that I can't bring water onboard. The water from the tap is great. I have been on over 35 cruises on lots of different lines and only drank water from either the bathroom sink, in the dining room or in the buffet...all from a glass I should say!

I think your all nuts in your reaction to this...especially those who want to cancel their cruises. NCL is wonderful and we are on a cruise in October. Very much looking forward to it

I have been informed that it is unseemly to post criticism, real or imagined ,of those who are offended and disrespected by the new policy. Expect a lashing shortly!

I really enjoy NCL and other lines, too.

Edited by Annmeat

I wouldn't drink the water from my bathroom tap......just came back June 13 from the Spirit.....because our sink faucet had brown water coming out. Very appetizing I must say......

Glad we had Brita bottles with filter.

I wouldn't drink the water from my bathroom tap......just came back June 13 from the Spirit.....because our sink faucet had brown water coming out. Very appetizing I must say......

Glad we had Brita bottles with filter.

Why on earth wouldn't you drink water out of your bathroom tap at home? The same water comes out of that tap as in the kitchen!!!

You would have hated growing up in the village I did in Scotland. All the water came from the local reservoir which ran off a peat bog....we never drank anything BUT brown water. tasted great. Having a bath was interesting as all the sediment settle at the bottom of the bath tub!

Ya know what I find funny? I always thought this was the policy of all the cruise lines. We have only sailed RCCL, 3 times now, this Oct, will be our first with NCL on the Breakaway. Last time we sailed RCCL on Explorer I noticed full cases of soda and big cases of water and I though to myself, I didn't know you could do that. I want as few a bags as humanly possible so I ain't bringing on anything extra and soda/water is heavy and would add to my bag total.

Cruise Ships have some of the best filtration systems the water you use on board especially the amount to take medication is perfectly safe. Carnival only charges $3.99 for a case it's worth it for that price but if you really need bottled I guess you will have to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunaug79

Wait till NCL has a major outbreak of Noro from people filling water bottles from drinking fountains touching the rims and spreading the Noro throughout the ships.

FDR hasn't thought this through, and seems to be only in big buck huckster mode.

I have not attacked anyone! I am not a ranter. You have me confused with someone else. I have not badgered either . I did ask one guy why he was being a jerk when he accused me of booking a Haven suite to save 18% gratuity and advised me how stupid that was. Other than that I give a comment here or there.

Yes, I think it was Awesome Sauce that NCL allowed beverages for those of you who are Coke aficionados and like the convenience and savings of carrying on water. RCL has had a no beverages policy for as long as I have been cruising.i also disagree with they way NCL psuedo -announced this AND suggested that they could have covered all that have made final by simply moving the effective date to 120 days from the announcement. I also don't feel disrespected by an ubiquitous NCL rep on the end of the phone to whom I speak when necessary.

I suppose that you would like it if the only folks allowed to have an opinion are the rabid anti- NCL folks.

And if you had actually read my posts you would know that I cancelled our water package and told the clerk it was in solidarity with those who are affected by the change.

You certainly are on one heck of a high horse . Better get some help getting down so that you don't sprain an ankle.

Only thing I would point out is you are wrong about taking drinks on Royal. We did a cruise in February of this year and had no problems whatsoever taking drinks on the ship. I also carried my sodas around the ship with me to breakfast, etc and no one said a word. Saw plenty of others that brought drinks.

Only thing I would point out is you are wrong about taking drinks on Royal. We did a cruise in February of this year and had no problems whatsoever taking drinks on the ship. I also carried my sodas around the ship with me to breakfast, etc and no one said a word. Saw plenty of others that brought drinks.

Officially, Royal has the same policy that NCL just put into effect.

Reality is that enforcement on Royal is inconsistent from port to port (and maybe even cruise to cruise). People checked tagged cases of soda and water when we were on Liberty OTS (when she was still in Bayonne) last year. Other people report that they've seen porters refuse to do so at other ports.

If NCL is serious about enforcement, Royal might become more so.

At this point though how has notice actually been given to passengers? Other than my being on cruise critic, we have received no notification on our booking of any new policy regarding bringing on beverages. Will be interesting to see if we suddenly receive a notification after our final payment due date, which is 4 days from now.

It might be different for us as we booked through NCL UK, but we both received an email from NCL (donotreply@ncl.com) on the 1 July notifying us of the change in policy.

We have cruised recently out of Baltimore , Miami (or Tampa) and Port Canaveral. No beverages were allowed except for the bottle of wine. It is clearly posted on their website. We didn't try to bring any but saw stacks of it that were confiscated. I suppose like anything, it depends on the port and how those luggage guys are feeling that day!

I have no clue

What happens to those who pack it in luggage that is checked though and not visible.

Bottled water and canned soda...no. Fountain water and fountain soda...yes.

My son has been given full cans of root beer,but rootbeer isn't even on their list. He can't have caffeine but does enjoy a soda or two on a cruise. My daughter reminded me that at the pool bar she and her other brother were given cans of Pepsi and ginger ale. This is NOT the norm and I don't know why it happened. They did have the soda package.