Oasis--BW,CP, or Ocean

Planning to book the October sailing for the Oasis. For those who have sailed, is the preferential balcony view of the boardwalk, central park or the ocean? Thanks!

Depends on what you like. If you like peace and quiet and watching the ship sail in to port, ocean is the way to go (my preference). If you like people watching, get an inside balcony. Keep in mind the inside balconies can get quite noisy, the Boardwalk from people below and the aquatheater, and Central Park from the pool decks above.

We are just off the FOS (July 2016) where we had 2 balcony ocean view staterooms. I have two sons 23 and 18 and was wondering if the inside balconies would be more appealing to that age group. Thank you for your responses .

I have sailed in ocean view and Central Park balconies on the Oasis. Honestly, I got a bit bored with the ocean view. Also, the last couple days, as we headed back to FL, our port side balcony was very hot with full sun all afternoon. I would imagine the starboard side could be like that while heading south.

My daughter and I really enjoyed our Central Park balcony on deck 10. The noise from the pool deck was really only bothersome on one day, when the music was blasting at top volume. I liked looking down on all the greenery in the park, and the recorded bird sounds during the day, and crickets at night were charming. We spent a lot of time on the balcony - playing cards and Scrabble, and people watching. It felt like living in a park-side neighborhood with only pedestrian traffic, and no busy streets with noisy cars. In 197 days we'll be on a Central Park balcony again - this time on Harmony.

We are just off the FOS (July 2016) where we had 2 balcony ocean view staterooms. I have two sons 23 and 18 and was wondering if the inside balconies would be more appealing to that age group. Thank you for your responses .
your sons would probably enjoy all the action from a boardwalk balcony.

I would go with the BW balcony -IF you can get one this late ONLY IF YOU CAN GET ONE CLOSE TO THE END OF THE SHIP, for the best view of the ocean.:DIf not, then the ocean view,then central park would be my choice. We have always done an ocean balcony- I love them-but my husband-could care less. So I nervously booked a BW balcony on the Oasis for our May 7th cruise. I think it was 12725. BEST room ever! LOVED the view-was actually a wider view of the ocean and we could see the aqua show, board walk, rock climbing wall, etc. We had shade from the overhang and a great breeze-my husband enjoyed it too. This was a second time on Oasis-it is my favorite ship-and this was our Best Cruise Ever! You-all, as we say down here now, will have a great time whichever you pick. I think your sons will really enjoy this ship-there is so much to do and the shows are awesome. Make sure you reserve the shows online before you get on the ship-they are probably available now to reserve in October. Enjoy-Melinda:D

If you have never been on an Oasis class ship, the BW would be fun to experience because it is different and there many things going on. The CP balcony can get hot and IMHO is the least desireable. The OV is my personal choice. The ocean is why I love cruising.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

The reason we cruise...is the ocean! If we wanted a view of a man made courtyard,

we can do that on a land based vacation. ;)

Deck 11, ocean view, scheduled for January.

Since you are considering two cabins, why not get one oceanview for the parents, and a boardwalk or central park balcony for the sons? It's like the best of both worlds.

We had 10584 and 10585 on Allure (ocean balcony and central park balcony) Loved having the option to sit out on both!

Any oceanview balcony from decks 8 through 12.

Hi Clarea, I noticed you suggest deck 8-12. I booked an Oceanview on deck 14, portside, somewhat aft on Harmony in Nov. We are below the teen club. Do yu suspect we will have a lot of noise from the pool deck?

It's all a matter of personal preference.

The reason we cruise...is the ocean! If we wanted a view of a man made courtyard,

we can do that on a land based vacation. ;)

Deck 11, ocean view, scheduled for January.

Right down the hall from the DL:):D

Hi Clarea, I noticed you suggest deck 8-12. I booked an Oceanview on deck 14, portside, somewhat aft on Harmony in Nov. We are below the teen club. Do yu suspect we will have a lot of noise from the pool deck?

I cannot tell you if you will have noise from the pool deck. However, we have had enough cruises right under the pool deck that I try to avoid it if possible. Sometimes it's not possible, such as if you want a JS on a Radiance or Vision class ship where virtually all those staterooms are directly under the pool deck, so we cross our fingers and hope they don't do the crew chair throwing contest at 4am on that cruise.

I cannot tell you if you will have noise from the pool deck. However, we have had enough cruises right under the pool deck that I try to avoid it if possible. Sometimes it's not possible, such as if you want a JS on a Radiance or Vision class ship where virtually all those staterooms are directly under the pool deck, so we cross our fingers and hope they don't do the crew chair throwing contest at 4am on that cruise.

Thank you for your response! This is our first balcony, and at the time of booking I thought it would be convenient. By the time I read about possible noise issues, there were no D2 left to switch to. Oh well, either way we will enjoy it!

We always to oceanview. We like to wake up w/ coffee on the balcony.....our peacefulness in this crazy world. I'm curious about a boardwalk balcony as close back to aqua theater as possible, but DH says, he doesn't think he would like as much.

Happy sailing!

LOL!! Chair throwing contest. :p :p Is that what that is? Sure does sound like it for sure.

GS cabin on Freedom was horrible under the solarium for that event. :(

Agree, about all JS cabins on Vision class. I don't know what is worse, under the

pool deck or the Solarium. :eek:

Edited by island lady