Rude Servers on Anthem?

Well I finally have learned the reason through another thread why servers on Anthem are rude. And its rude passengers! I myself have always enjoyed hearing "the stores" of the diverse crew. And my children as well. I'm packing my smile and manners. As the person who "serves" everyone at home, I'm grateful for my week off. And I'm going to make it a point to let those who attend to me know I'm loving it ! Because I will be

Edited by marbat105

Been on Quantum and Anthem (twice), and did not meet one server who was rude. They were all wonderful, friendly, efficient, etc. One in particular really stood out: Constantin Iuga (sp) from Romania

We are doing My Time dining over 14 days with a requested different waiter every night as my son loves chatting to servers about their culture and testing his various language skills :) ive never had a rude server on any cruise ( just a bit of a lazy one on a Disney cruise )

Well I finally have learned the reason through another thread why servers on Anthem are rude. And its rude passengers! I myself have always enjoyed hearing "the stores" of the diverse crew. And my children as well. I'm packing my smile and manners. As the person who "serves" everyone at home, I'm grateful for my week off. And I'm going to make it a point to let those who attend to me know I'm loving it ! Because I will be

I don't know if it is rude passengers or if it passengers whose expectations are impossible to meet, no matter what the wait staff does for them.....but for me....I come to that first nights dinner, with an enormous smile, and bubbly attitude....let's face it -- it's VACATION. My servers have always known from that moment that we will ALL have a great time, and viola, the service and comraderie.....is terrific. I don't expect the staff to become my 'best buds', but we will share each others time, and the best way to make it work out the best, is with smiles and wonder!

I rarely find a rude employee on their ship except for an employee working at the crown and anchor and a waiter ( she wasn't rude but I could tell she didn't wanted to be there) on the adventure of the seas. I always smile and say thanks for everything but I don't think I'm the only one doing it. Most of the time people eating in other tables are doing the same as well

We were on Anthem in April, I found all the crew we spoke with to be friendly, there were not a lot of D+ in the CL so we got to know the staff there very well, we did encounter a couple of abrupt cruisers but we put it down to the ship sailing from Bayonne and there maybe being more 'persuasive' New Yorkers on there, nothing to spoil the day though.

Curious about the Anthem passenger makeup - I of course know it varies, but in the summer would you say that NY/NJ residents make up a significant portion of the passengers? Or is it like any other cruise with the majority driving or flying in (perhaps esp. because it is a newer ships with the bells and whistles)?

So many people in today's world do not understand the concept of "treat others as you would like to be treated." A smile and a pleasant greeting goes a long way to establishing a symbiotic relationship with people. Even those who are having a bad day will usually respond positively to someone being kind and respectful to them.

With all the news lately of negative experiences with law enforcement I couldn't help but think of a personal experience. I was stopped by a state trooper about a year ago for speeding. I greeted the officer with a smile and a pleasant greeting. Long story short, I got off with a warning. At the end of the encounter I said "stay safe officer" and you would have thought I just told him he won the lottery. He returned to my window and extended his hand to shake my hand and responded with a sincere thank you. It doesn't hurt to be respectful and cooperative and it sets the tone for a much more civil and enjoyable experience.

Been on Quantum and Anthem (twice), and did not meet one server who was rude. They were all wonderful, friendly, efficient, etc. One in particular really stood out: Constantin Iuga (sp) from Romania

When I sailed the Quantum in Feb. '14, the service was a hit or miss. Maybe it was because of the new DD concept or that RCL announced that this ship was being relocated to China.

We were on Anthem in April, I found all the crew we spoke with to be friendly, there were not a lot of D+ in the CL so we got to know the staff there very well, we did encounter a couple of abrupt cruisers but we put it down to the ship sailing from Bayonne and there maybe being more 'persuasive' New Yorkers on there, nothing to spoil the day though.

Not sure what your point is....but my point is going to be clear -- it isn't where someone comes from that determines 'how they will behave'.....and it is offensive to plenty of New Yorkers, or Bayonnites, or any other person from any other location or an ethnicity that the actions of a few cause many others to be labelled in any way.

I have seen rude people and overly persuasive to arrogant and nasty people from every country, color and background. Thank heavens they are only a minority and can be spotted fairly easily.

Guest maddycat
Not sure what your point is....but my point is going to be clear -- it isn't where someone comes from that determines 'how they will behave'.....and it is offensive to plenty of New Yorkers, or Bayonnites, or any other person from any other location or an ethnicity that the actions of a few cause many others to be labelled in any way.

I have seen rude people and overly persuasive to arrogant and nasty people from every country, color and background. Thank heavens they are only a minority and can be spotted fairly easily.

Yea, what a great response. Thanks Paulette.

We are New Yorkers and go out of our way to be nice to everyone. You find just as many rude people on all the cruise lines, no matter where they sail from.....

Yes, I am a transplant from Brooklyn to Bayonne, and I approach people with kindness. There's no reason to be rude, and I've not found NYers to be more rude than anyone else. It's a stereotype.