4-day vs. 5-day cruise - different vibe?

itzkelly

Hi - my friends and I (40yrs-ish) are looking into a girls cruise and are trying to decide between a 4-day (thur-mon) and 5-day (sat-thur). My thinking is that the 4-day will likely have more of a younger, wilder vibe vs. a 5-day that happens to cruise more in the week. I may be wrong but wanted to get y'alls opinion on this? None of us going are fuddy-duddies, yet I don't necessarily want to be over-run by craziness that isn't mine, ha!

We'd be leaving out of Galveston, so really these are our only two options since a 7-day cruise is not an option with those us of who have little kiddos.

Thanks for your input! :)

Having done these on the the Ecstasy, Triumph, once on the Magic and now the Liberty the answer depends on the time of year.

When school is in session the passenger count has fewer families, more 20-30 somethings and families with kids under 5.

And while we've been on several, they are all different in what we see as fellow passengers. It's hit or miss for a younger, party crowd.

Go have fun; get there early and make the first day more than "move in."

Edited by BallFour4

We've only done longer cruises so when I was considering a 5 day on the Triumph I asked about the atmosphere too. I was told that if it was during the week then there would not be the booze cruise atmosphere that you find on the 3/4 day cruises.

Since both of your choices include weekend days I don't think it matters.

You'll just have to find your own spot to make your own fun!

Yes, you are correct. The 4 day with mostly weekend days will generally have a more party vibe and many more "locals" (miss less work) whereas the 5 day, which goes through the week has more destination vacationers (many combine 2-3 days land/beach Miami vacation with a short cruise). As far as HOW wild, a lot depends on time of year...

I think some of it may have to do with the actual itinerary. My experience has always been there is more partying on sea days than port days, so a port-intensive cruise may be less of a party atmosphere than one with more sea days. For example, both the 4 and 5 day cruises out of NOLA have two sea days, so I wouldn't expect much difference between the two. But the 4 day out of Jacksonville only has one sea day as opposed to the two sea days on the 5 day trip. I might expect more partying on the five day cruise.

I've never done the 4-day but I've done 5-day and it's a good crowd. When I've priced cruises it seems like the price of a 4-day is so close to the price of the 5-day that I don't understand why anyone would book the 4-day. So I vote for the 5-day :D

Depends on what time of the year you go. We went on Easter weekend (4 day) out of Galveston, so the kids wouldn't miss so much school. There was no crazy partying at all. Lots of kids running around but not crazy wildness. I LOVED it! Weather was also perfect

Edited by babygrljaz

Depends on what time of the year you go. We went on Easter weekend (4 day) out of Galveston, so the kids wouldn't miss so much school. There was no crazy partying at all. Lots of kids running around but not crazy wildness. I LOVED it! Weather was also perfect

We are looking at the 5-day 4/22/17 cruise on Liberty out of Galveston - it's the weekend after Easter so I imagine most of the spring-breakers will have already done their thing. :)

Difference in the cruises isn't 4 v 5 days but the days of the week. A Th-Mon cruise can be a bit wilder than a Sat-Thurs cruise. The first one there are less weekdays to take off of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi - my friends and I (40yrs-ish) are looking into a girls cruise and are trying to decide between a 4-day (thur-mon) and 5-day (sat-thur). My thinking is that the 4-day will likely have more of a younger, wilder vibe vs. a 5-day that happens to cruise more in the week. I may be wrong but wanted to get y'alls opinion on this? None of us going are fuddy-duddies, yet I don't necessarily want to be over-run by craziness that isn't mine, ha!

We'd be leaving out of Galveston, so really these are our only two options since a 7-day cruise is not an option with those us of who have little kiddos.

Thanks for your input! :)

Way too short.

It seems the party cut-off is 5 day and under. We have done two so far. First was 5day (Paradise) Live w/ Rascal Flatts, a lot of families, but a LOT of partying and good fun! Second was 8day (Breeze) southern Carib it was still a good mix of age ranges, but definitely not a party crowd. Good times but not like the first. More vacationers. Next year, family is 7day, then 5 day for my bday. I'm going to party like it's 1999! I hope you do too :D

I don't understand why anyone would book the 4-day

Because it's over the weekend and it's more convenient for people that want a quick getaway and can't take as many vacation days. The 5 day, while only one day longer, usually still requires taking an entire week off work, specially if doing the Mon-Sat sailing.

Edited by Tapi

I can honestly say that all I've seen on the 4-5 day cruises as far as partying goes is right around the pool on the Lido deck...any and all wildness was contained to that area.That's where all the wild kids were also..the 47 of them crammed into the hot tub on every cruise. The wild leaping into the pool. So if you avoid that area of the Lido you're golden.

Because it's over the weekend and it's more convenient for people that want a quick getaway and can't take as many vacation days. The 5 day, while only one day longer, usually still requires taking an entire week off work, specially if doing the Mon-Sat sailing.

I use the 3/4 day cruises as a quick fix while waiting for my 7 day cruise! Lol!

That is the perfect answer.

When we were younger we did a few of the quick getaways,

Living in Fl with no airfare mad it is a no branier,

I'm not sure why but we felt there was a big difference between a 4 and 5 day cruise.

Even though it only 1 day the 5 day seemed a lot longer.

We like longer cruise's of coarse.

But i really like the 6 day cruise, Sun-Sat.

It gives us a day on both sides of the trip.

less stressful.