Children in the Diamond Lounge?

As Diamond members you can use the lounge with your children any time of day but during cocktail hours unless the child is a diamond member themselves they should not be allowed in.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

If the child is living at the same address as their parent, they are Diamond.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The problem I have is you are saying that a lounge that is set aside for diamond members who have been loyal to royal that has a special controlled access shouldn't be a place for kids. I don't think that is right. If my child has earned that diamond level and can behave properly he or she should be able to go with me and have a soda with me in the lounge. I personally use this time with my kids to teach them how to be an adult, how to have a conversation how to be a member of society. I'm sorry but I think this is what is wrong with society today. people are not taking the time to teach children what should be expected of them in public and how they should act. So should children be exposed to adult conversations and adult atmospheres 100% yes. Should the parent use there best judgement and remove there child from a situation if the situation becomes to adult YES. I am not bring my children up devoid of adult interaction so they do not know how to deal with the real world. My kids will be well behaved and well rounded.

Excellent post. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed 100%. When our children were younger and we took them to an adult venue we made it clear what our behavior expectations were. If they misbehaved, we left immediately as to not disrupt others. Our children soon learned how to act. We also expected them to give up their seat to someone older if it was crowded. Over the years we had many people comment on how well behaved they were. As they grew toward their teen years, to them adult venue meant boring and they chose not to accompany us....lol.

There are lots of places where teenagers go on the ship and TBH I'm sure most of them wouldn't want to be sitting with the old fogies.

As Diamond members you can use the lounge with your children any time of day but during cocktail hours unless the child is a diamond member themselves they should not be allowed in.

Why wouldn't a child of a Diamond member not be Diamond?

Either in or out, but don't see the difference between children earning in their own right vs just traveling with parents. Kids are kids

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Why wouldn't a child of a Diamond member not be Diamond?

The real question is why wouldn't a parent of a diamond child be diamond. My 13 year old daughter travels with friends occasionally and she has more days at sea than we do. She hit diamond 1 cruise before us. Luckily we are all diamond now and she will probably be diamond plus ahead of us.

The real question is why wouldn't a parent of a diamond child be diamond. My 13 year old daughter travels with friends occasionally and she has more days at sea than we do. She hit diamond 1 cruise before us. Luckily we are all diamond now and she will probably be diamond plus ahead of us.

Great, now we can start a new debate. Should parents be allowed in the DL if their kids are diamond and the parents are not?

Fortunately in 102 nights in the diamond lounges we have only seen 1 kid in the DL and she left with her dad after half an hour looking very bored.

I bet they don't want to be sitting with all the older people I'm sure they would rather be mixing with kids their own age on the ship.

My daughter would rather enjoy a soda and appetizers with us before dinner, then spend time in the teen club. So you don't speak for everyone.