Children in the Diamond Lounge?

Vision is another favorite, and another block from that one also. :)

Glad we are getting them in time before they all go away. :(

I agree.

They seem to be going more towards​ the bigger ships and extra classes of suites which ultimately leads to the SL and no access for us D+ which we both had the same opinions of on the Diamond/Diamond+ thread.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I agree.

They seem to be going more towards​ the bigger ships and extra classes of suites which ultimately leads to the SL and no access for us D+ which we both had the same opinions of on the Diamond/Diamond+ thread.

Totally agree on that one. And I think they went the other way with buying back Empress and cancelling sale of MJ so they could get into Cuba (not big ship friendly). Frustrating when they now are selling off the sweet little Vision class ships.

I think I know how the Diamonds felt when they got tossed out of the CL. Now D+ has lost the CL on some ships (same results). :(

Totally agree on that one. And I think they went the other way with buying back Empress and cancelling sale of MJ so they could get into Cuba (not big ship friendly). Frustrating when they now are selling off the sweet little Vision class ships.

I think I know how the Diamonds felt when they got tossed out of the CL. Now D+ has lost the CL on some ships (same results). :(

D+ still have access to the CL on ships that have one. On ships with a SL there is no CL but they do have a Diamond Lounge for both D/D+. Not quite the same as when Diamonds lost access to the CL and only had an event.

This thread has wandered waaaayyyyy off its original subject - tipping, types of lounge, favourite concierges, preferred ships. That's Cruise Critic for you :')

tipping, types of lounge, favourite concierges, preferred ships

You forgot the, at least, two people who have accused us of going off topic.

D+ still have access to the CL on ships that have one. On ships with a SL there is no CL but they do have a Diamond Lounge for both D/D+. Not quite the same as when Diamonds lost access to the CL and only had an event.

OK...thanks for that information. ;)

This thread has wandered waaaayyyyy off its original subject - tipping, types of lounge, favourite concierges, preferred ships. That's Cruise Critic for you :')

Agree...And that is what makes it fun!! After all...this is for entertainment and helpful information.

Not cruise Wikipedia. :p

I will be on the Grandeur on Oct. 28th. Will Rahul be the Concierge? If not, do you know who it will be. Thanks. I agree, the Grandeur is a well managed ship.
Rahul Boarded GR on 6-24-2017 so he should still be there in October as I think Concierges have 6 month contracts. If he is not in the CL, it might be Francis Calimag.

Yup, that is how we do it also. Pinnacle friends of ours said they used to do the same thing as we started doing, which was tipping at the end of the cruise, then changed to per drink since we had several different waiters, including the bartender, that would serve us all week. So they gave us their wisdom of experience and told us to do like you do. We tip a buck a drink right when we are served.

And of course they know that we tip right away, which does bring them to us faster through the week when we enter. ;)

Strange how tipping is a standard here, but Europe is so different.

That's what we did on OA two weeks ago. We had great service.

Agree...and still holding out hope to get a third (mid size) RCI ship back here in PC. MJ just does not do it for us, though

her redeeming quality is the great crew however.

We were not going to go back to her again, but a friend of ours is becoming Pinnacle on board next month. We wanted to be

in the cheering squad. ;)

Would love Grandeur, Enchantment, Vision, Rhapsody. MJ does nothing for me!

Rahul Boarded GR on 6-24-2017 so he should still be there in October as I think Concierges have 6 month contracts. If he is not in the CL, it might be Francis Calimag.

Thanks. We are looking forward to our Oct. 28th cruise on the Grandeur.

We loved Brilliance and had our first GS on her in February 2009.

I don't think I have done a GS on a Radiance class ship, but have done them on Voyager class and SOS ships.

Used to book the upper suites before we retired, but now that we cruise more, we just stick to the JS cabins.

They have amble enough space for us. And with the perks we get...not really worth the upper suites any longer

for us.

I don't think I have done a GS on a Radiance class ship, but have done them on Voyager class and SOS ships.

Used to book the upper suites before we retired, but now that we cruise more, we just stick to the JS cabins.

They have amble enough space for us. And with the perks we get...not really worth the upper suites any longer

for us.

I agree.We had Paulines mam with us then the first after her dad died and the extra room was needed.

Usually JS with a bath does for us too.

My kids are in the group where they love spending time with adults because they can have great conversations with their grandparents and other adults. Yes they do love Adventure Ocean but they are not open 24 hours and the pools are not always stimulating for them.

My daughter would rather enjoy a soda and appetizers with us before dinner, then spend time in the teen club. So you don't speak for everyone.

My kids are in the group where they love spending time with adults because they can have great conversations with their grandparents and other adults. Yes they do love Adventure Ocean but they are not open 24 hours and the pools are not always stimulating for them.

Well behaved children are welcome,it is the crying constantly babies or kids running around the lounge that irritate us.

Do they know about the free pizza and soft serve ice cream?