Bridge tours

I have previously read somewhere about Suite guests being offered special ship tours. We are staying in a Grand Suite on the Indy for our next cruise, and was wondering if complimentary special tours are offered occasionally to Suite Guests?

I have previously read somewhere about Suite guests being offered special ship tours. We are staying in a Grand Suite on the Indy for our next cruise, and was wondering if complimentary special tours are offered occasionally to Suite Guests?

Yes, suite guests do get invited to bridge tours from time to time. Speak to the concierge about it early in the cruise.

You should also be able to a galley tour and a backstage tour. We have done several galley tours on different class ships. We have done backstage. We really love the bridge tours. Fascinating to see the differences on the different classes of ships. And Bob is right. Make sure you speak to the concierge early into your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is only a 5 night cruise to Labadee and Falmouth, so I hope a tour will be available. Looking forward to the experience of staying in a Grand Suite on the Indy. Think the Concierge Lounge be open when we board? Thank you for your responses. Anything else you can share will be greatly appreciated.:)

Edited by Roce48

It is only a 5 night cruise to Labadee and Falmouth, so I hope a tour will be available. Looking forward to the experience of staying in a Grand Suite on the Indy. Think the Concierge Lounge be open when we board? Thank you for your responses. Anything else you can share will be greatly appreciated.:)

you can most likely use your sea pass card to go into the Concierge lounge but if before cocktail time you won't be able to get alcohol. Sometimes and based on ship the concierge lounge has fruit and sandwiches and pastry items available between end of b'fast and beginning of cocktail time. However, the espresso coffee machine works round the clock (at least when there are beans and the used grounds is empty...)

Edited by BEENSAILING

...However, the espresso coffee machine works round the clock (at least when there are beans and the used grounds is empty...)
and when it is not broken, and lattes only if the milk hasn't run out. Some people (me for example:o) use the machine so much, it is hard for it to keep up, but I sure enjoy it when it is working.:)

The one time the wife and I splurged for a grand suite it was not offered (week long in navigator a few years back now). I even requested it but the concierge said it wasn't available. It probably comes down to how many guests pay to do it that week. On allure in May we were offered the bridge tour as diamond plus. First time that ever happened. End of summer we will be sky class on oasis in a one bedroom aqua suite so I'll be curious to see if we get an invite then.

you can most likely use your sea pass card to go into the Concierge lounge but if before cocktail time you won't be able to get alcohol. Sometimes and based on ship the concierge lounge has fruit and sandwiches and pastry items available between end of b'fast and beginning of cocktail time. However, the espresso coffee machine works round the clock (at least when there are beans and the used grounds is empty...)

I was not real happy with the Enchantment and the coffee machines in both the

CL and the DL this last time. They were disconnecting the milk line over night,

which made morning Lattes in those lounges impossible until 8 am.

I watched her pull the tube out of a locked cabinet and hook it up one morning. There was

milk in the container, but without the tube in place, could not get it into the machine. :(

Edited by island lady

What about the Freedom, if you are in a Junior Suite, do you get invited? Does the Freedom have a concierge lounge or is that for just the bigger Suites? Or is it that you have to be Diamond or Diamond Plus?

Thanks in advance!

What about the Freedom, if you are in a Junior Suite, do you get invited? Does the Freedom have a concierge lounge or is that for just the bigger Suites? Or is it that you have to be Diamond or Diamond Plus?

Thanks in advance!

Freedom does have a Concierge Lounge for guests in Grand Suites and better, and also C&A Diamond Plus and above. Guests in a JS do not routinely get invited to bridge tours unless they are also Diamond Plus level or higher.

Edited by clarea

Is there a charge for suite guest to do these tours? We will be in a GS this October on Liberty (first time) and I know DH would love to see the bridge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is there a charge for suite guest to do these tours? We will be in a GS this October on Liberty (first time) and I know DH would love to see the bridge.

The bridge and galley tours are complimentary to suite guests.

Our last 5 RCCL cruises have been in a GS. On our cruise in 2010 on the Voyager there was both a bridge tour and a behind the scenes tour of the ice show. On the cruises we took in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 on the Voyager, Mariner and Navigator we were never offered either a bridge or behind the scenes tour.

I asked the Concierge about it on the Navigator in Sepember 2014 because DS was particularly interested in the Bridge Tour. The Conciege said that some Captains don't permit them, and there would not be one offered on our cruise. It will be interesting to see if we are offered one on our cruise on the LOS in January.

... The Conciege said that some Captains don't permit them, and there would not be one offered on our cruise. It will be interesting to see if we are offered one on our cruise on the LOS in January.

That's interesting. If they say that again, ask if you can tag along on the bridge portion of the All-Access tour.

Many years ago the bridge tour was opened to anyone that wanted to participate. It was listed as an activity. Same for galley tours. With the mega ships I guess that isn't manageable. We did the behind the scenes once. It just wasn't interesting. We toss the invite now.

Wish I would have known to ask about this on our cruise on the Allure in May. We were in a GS. Don't know if we will ever be in a suite again. That would be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Done the Bridge thing on 3 differnet ships, 3 differnet Captains. Inside cabin, no status.

Also Captain table invites.

Must not be a money thing! :D

No status? Hmm...looks like you were pretty much living on Grandeur for a

bit. ;)

Must have been really cool to be on Monarch when she was such a young lady

also. We miss that little ship (used to look big back then I bet!) and her wonderful

crew. :)

But fun, however they will not let you dock or drive the ship LOL

A lady captain actually as my lady if she wanted to set in the captains chair and gave her a captions hat. and of course she took the invite some fun pics were made. Now she did have to promise not to touch anything LOL.