Celebrity to Offer Year-Round Caribbean in Summer 2017

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Just heard that Equinox will remain in Florida (From Miami) for Summer 2017, and thus, Celebrity will again be offering Year-Round Caribbean sailings.

2 things to say about this :

1. A HUGE Thank You Celebrity, and...

2. It's about time :)

More details to follow shortly !

Edited by Host Andy

Here's Today's Press Release (7/19/16) :

==========================

Sail to Sun-Soaked Caribbean Islands and Indulge in Local Flavors all Year-Long with Celebrity Cruises

Celebrity Cruises is raising the bar with modern luxury summer vacations, Caribbean-inspired fare and exciting new experiences for all ages

MIAMI – July 19, 2016 – Endless modern luxury vacations are back in the Caribbean. Celebrity Cruises has today introduced year-round Caribbean sailings onboard the award-winning Celebrity Equinox to some of the most breathtaking places in the region. And, as the only premium cruise brand to offer these one-of-a-kind vacations, Celebrity is further elevating each sailing by introducing new unique experiences and enriching activities that all ages can enjoy. This is the Celebrity Distinction.

"Our guests, first-time cruisers and our travel partners have been asking me for many years to offer year-round Caribbean cruises. They wished we offered these itineraries,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. "Modern luxury, affluent vacationers have been looking for summer cruises in the Caribbean and we felt this was a significant opportunity in our offering. So our new year-long sailings are perfect for discerning families and couples who want a summer getaway to sought-after tropical islands, with the best culinary experiences in the region and enriching activities for children and adults – all of which can only be offered by Celebrity. We are also adding new itineraries and sailings to create the most unforgettable vacations in the Caribbean; this is another example of what makes Celebrity so distinct and unique.”

Lutoff-Perlo, added: "The response we have received so far to our year-round Caribbean sailings has been overwhelming, and we are excited to offer our guests endless summers in such a beautiful place."

Celebrity Equinox Summer Takeover:

Celebrity Cruises is taking over the Caribbean, offering 24 sailings alternating between the Western and Eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Equinox and seven exceptional itineraries in 2017 – all from Miami. As a prelude to summer, Celebrity Cruises is offering a special 11-night Signature Event sailing in the Caribbean that includes a double-overnight stay in New Orleans, La., coinciding with the city’s famous jazz festival. In addition, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises, will be hosting a special President’s Cruise in the Caribbean, departing on August 27, 2017, for an 8-night Eastern Caribbean sailing. Lutoff-Perlo will be hosting special events and excursions to take the vacation to the next level of indulgence.

"The Cruise Capital of the World is proud to welcome the Celebrity Equinox," said Miami-Dade County Mayor, Carlos A. Gimenez. "Passengers will experience a true getaway cruising from PortMiami as they sail past the colorful skyline of downtown Miami and surrounding beaches - a vacation experience like no other port in the world."

The Most Distinctive Summer Camp at Sea, for Children and Adults:

In addition to offering new sailings onboard the Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Cruises is introducing the most unique “Summer Camp at Sea,” allowing children to enjoy a vacation that moves beyond purely entertainment, to also deliver enriching and inspiring activities. From offering an “Adventure through Science” program to becoming a director for the day and creating a short video onboard, children ages 3-17 have a range of one-of-a-kind educational activities at their fingertips.

Taste of the Caribbean

Adults can partake in the excitement too with Celebrity Cruises’ newest culinary program. Celebrity is bringing a taste of the Caribbean to modern luxury travelers with its new Taste of the Caribbean program, which offers complimentary events for adults at sea. Events include a culinary demo with Celebrity featured chefs, mixology demos, the biggest wine tasting at sea, rum and reggae party on The Lawn Club and brunch and bubbles. Exclusive events are also available for a fee, including a fresh pasta and mozzarella making class and lunch in Tuscan Grille and an exclusive five-course tasting dinner with Celebrity chefs.

Adults looking to be fully immersed in the culinary indulgences can enjoy the Taste of the Caribbean Premium Package. This luxurious package gives guests a taste of all of the culinary, wine and cocktail indulgences available on the Celebrity Equinox. From the Chef Market Discovery excursion to a “Blendtique” wine blending class to a Riedel Wine comparison workshop, guests’ taste buds will be pampered throughout their sailing.

Endless Summer Offer:

To celebrate their return to the Caribbean, for a limited time Celebrity is offering four free perks and qualifying upgrades on select 2017 sailings on Celebrity Equinox. Book travel between July 19 and Aug. 31, 2016, and receive up to four signature perks including: $150 onboard credit, unlimited internet package, premium beverage package and prepaid gratuities, per person. The Endless Summer offer is valid on travel from April 24 through Nov. 6, 2017, with rates starting at $1,399 per person for Veranda Stateroom accommodations.

For more details on Celebrity Equinox’s newest sailings and endless summer offerings, summer camp at sea, and other modern luxury escapes, visit http://www.celebritycruises.com/.

About Celebrity Cruises:

Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 12 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruise tour experiences in Alaska and Canada. Celebrity is one of six cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit http://www.celebritycruises.com/, or call your travel agent.

###

Edited by Host Andy

I am thrilled to see Celebrity keeping a ship in South Florida all summer.

I'm curious to know how much of this is caused by the terrorist threat in Europe. I work in the airline industry, flights to/from Europe are less full than in years past & cruise lines are having a more difficult time filling ships in that region. I've noticed how low prices are!

This is a smart move by Celebrity and I'm curious to see if we see other cruise lines disperse their ships around the globe to keep less ships in the Mediterranean. Celebrity will be able to demand high pricing for these summer Caribbean cruises, whomever pulled the trigger on this move is smart :-)

Not so great for those of us who booked the transatlantic to Barcelona. Especially B2B. No word from our TA on what our alternatives will be.

The new Caribbean sailings are already up on cruising power and the old Europe sailings are gone. :(

I too have enjoyed many a summer Caribbean cruise - good news.

However, I'm booked on the April 14 10 day out of Fort Lauderdale. Now I see the April 24 cruise is to depart from Miami. Wonder if we will now return to Miami in lieu of FLL. Or if celebrity will transfer us via bus from Miami back to FLL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't imagine we'll be doing any of them, but we have fond memories of our first Celebrity cruise in August 2001 on Century. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and our two college-aged daughters came with us. It was a fabulous trip but I'm not leaving hot humid Louisiana in the middle of the summer to go to even hotter Caribbean. We prefer the Caribbean in the winter. I hope they bring some of the enrichment programs/events to the other months too.

I too have enjoyed many a summer Caribbean cruise - good news.

However, I'm booked on the April 14 10 day out of Fort Lauderdale. Now I see the April 24 cruise is to depart from Miami. Wonder if we will now return to Miami in lieu of FLL. Or if celebrity will transfer us via bus from Miami back to FLL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm showing the Apr 14 sailing returning to FLL. Equinox will most likely "dead head" to Miami once all passengers disembark on Apr 24

Another big cruise ship crowding the Caribbean in the summer. Too bad, I sail Celebrity because they to go places other than the Caribbean. Why not do more Northern Europe, perhaps more Panama Canal cruises. While Turkey is a mess, there are other ports to sail to in the Med.

Wow!! Good news for all those Caribbean cruisers! We just last week switched our Fall 2017 TA on Equinox to this fall's TA!!! Would have been so disappointed and feel bad for all those who are booked, we already had a good sized roll call thread for a cruise almost a year and a half away....

I don't imagine we'll be doing any of them, but we have fond memories of our first Celebrity cruise in August 2001 on Century. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and our two college-aged daughters came with us. It was a fabulous trip but I'm not leaving hot humid Louisiana in the middle of the summer to go to even hotter Caribbean. We prefer the Caribbean in the winter. I hope they bring some of the enrichment programs/events to the other months too.

I don't necessarily mind the heat in the Caribbean in the summer; what I don't like would be all of the kids. Add to that the fact that I live 26 miles from the GoM; Sailing during the summer months is tricky during hurricane season. Yes, I know that the heart of the season would be August and September.

I will consider cruising during May or possibly June, as there might not be as many kids on ships.

I sure wish Celebrity would consider doing some cruises out of Galveston....

I dont understand the attraction of being in the Carib in the summer. Very hot, very humid. Am I missing something?

Now if they had a permanent ship on the west coast, that would be something.

to each his/her own. A lot of people can only cruise in the summer time (teachers, people with families, etc.) and Caribbean is in a lot of budgets. I certainly understand the excitement.

Hi Everyone,

Just heard that Equinox will remain in Florida (From Miami) for Summer 2017, and thus, Celebrity will again be offering Year-Round Caribbean sailings.

2 things to say about this :

1. A HUGE Thank You Celebrity, and...

2. It's about time :)

More details to follow shortly !

Well I for one am not thanking Celebrity as they have now messed up my Summer 17 plans in the Med! Flights and hotels booked too!

to each his/her own. A lot of people can only cruise in the summer time (teachers, people with families, etc.) and Caribbean is in a lot of budgets. I certainly understand the excitement.

Exactly Cruiseboy305. Summer Carribbean Cruises work for those with specific requirements (such as families, and those with specific vacation limitations) and for those like ourselves, who enjoy Cruising year-round from Florida. So what if it's hot and humid ? If you enjoy the Caribbean, that shouldn't be that big of a deal.

It's funny - Celebrity must have been reading our minds. We've just returned home from a week on Allure of the Seas. We had a nice Cruise, but nothing special, and not nearly as good as our Oasis sailing last Summer. Throughout the Cruise, we all repeatedly said : "gee - we wish Celebrity had Summer Caribbean sailings. If they did, we wouldn't be sailing on Allure".

Problem solved. We're booking a few Caribbean Cruises today.

Edited by Host Andy

That's disappointing, we have sailed equinox the last two years in the MED

I guess with all the troubles currently in the region, Celebrity expect the bookings to be down and not need as many ships in that region.

How are the booking for the Caribbean with the ZIka problems?

I wish they would have come up with some inventive itineraries though to go along with this announcement. One of the big things many Caribbean cruisers are looking for is some new places to go. Or look at some of the places they used to go like Antigua, Barbados, more of St. Kitts (what a neat island!)

I wish they would have come up with some inventive itineraries though to go along with this announcement. One of the big things many Caribbean cruisers are looking for is some new places to go. Or look at some of the places they used to go like Antigua, Barbados, more of St. Kitts (what a neat island!)

Celebrity still goes to Antigua, Barbados, St. Kitts and many others. At least all of our Celebrity Cruises we've been on during March/April time frame.

Well I for one am not thanking Celebrity as they have now messed up my Summer 17 plans in the Med! Flights and hotels booked too!

You must have different options in the UK...in the US we can't book summer 2017 flights or most hotels yet...about middle of june 2017 is as far out as I can book a flight with delta.

I agree. While I'm not complaining at all, I wish they would have mixed it up a bit, and offered at least 1 or 2 longer sailings in July and/or August. We'll be booking (I'm on hold with Celebrity as I'm typing this) a 7 night in early July, then the Presidents Cruise, and one of the 10 night sailings in September.

Not too shabby. 3 more cruises added to my upcoming sailings.

If Celebrity was listening to their guests they would have done this for the 2018 season. What about the 100's of guests they are inconveniencing who have 2017 bookings in the Med or on the TA's. I may be a little sceptical, but this may be due to 2017 cancellations and slow bookings in Europe. I had the Spring TA booked, but luckily no hotels or flights.