Celebrity to Offer Year-Round Caribbean in Summer 2017

Andy

Could Celebrity be setting itself up for future stops in Cuba?

The Caribbean from Florida is still very iffy with the weather; having been on Century in August 99 when it encountered three different storms - cruise from hell. We do like to cruise during the summer (Adventure this August) and it is no hotter than NY, but there is a tropical breeze!

Hal

It wouldn't surprise me that Cuba is on the list. I have heard that Azamara have plans to go there. If you want to see it, go soon before it's spoiled!

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

This is what I believe is going to happen.

The new Edge class ship will probably be positioned in Europe to begin with, so X needed to move one of their ships and Equinox was chosen. This is probably in preparation for the debut of the Edge class ship.

Why withdraw a ship a whole year before the edge class? That doesn't tie in with the edge class launch at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why withdraw a ship a whole year before the edge class? That doesn't tie in with the edge class launch at all.

I think it's got to be that Celebrity are now struggling to fill all their ships in Europe season with all that's gone on. Makes sense to try this. Whether it proves a good decision will see.

Phil

If the original TA is still available, might be a good time to book it and then see if what incentives they give to pick new itinerary.

None of TA itineraries that available for Fall 2017 I want to do. Otherwise I would have booked them. I wanted to sail from Barcelona.

The only $200 OBC X is offering is not enticing me to book anything with X. At least they could offer that we will pay the same pricing for a category and a region.

Edited by ISABELLA

Another big cruise ship crowding the Caribbean in the summer. Too bad, I sail Celebrity because they to go places other than the Caribbean. Why not do more Northern Europe, perhaps more Panama Canal cruises. While Turkey is a mess, there are other ports to sail to in the Med.

Crowding the Caribbean, I am reading this thread and newstories having been looing at X, we usually cruise the Caribbean around our May 2nd anniversary, but while I use to see other X ships in port, I haven't seen one in port with me since 2006. I had already booked our annual 17 and 18 cruise. I hope this continues or we find some extra money for the 2nd cruise in a year.

I love the word "affluent" used in the release...so if you book, better be affluent and "true." Lots of mumbo jumbo...I am a true to Europe, but do not consider myself affluent. I also feel sorry for those who were bumped in this manner. Personally, these new cruises don't appeal to me at all. I have been on several when I was much younger. I Lived in

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

None of TA itineraries that available for Fall 2017 I want to do. Otherwise I would have booked them. I wanted to sail from Barcelona.

The only $200 OBC X is offering is not enticing me to book anything with X. At least they could offer that we will pay the same pricing for a category and a region.

I think is a generous offer.You get $200.00 plus the OBC that you have at when you first made the booking with Celebrity.

This was in the press release Andy posted.

Yes, you are correct but I was talking about the on-line TA that is offering even more perks than Celebrity to their loyal customers. Sorry if I offended you.

Au contraire...

If the inaugural sailing of the Edge class ship is scheduled for Fall of 2018, X will begin accepting reservations probably sometime in 2017.

Also, port stops have to be scheduled in advance. All of this requires pre-planning.

So glad this will be available! We didn't want to have to sail Royal Caribbean next summer. Although the prices are rather high... Will see about booking when onboard Summit in a couple of weeks.

Celebrity got me once again!

I got the email with a special Captains Club pricing for Summer on the Equinox.....balcony for price of outside AND all four promotions...in others go best ...... I couldnt wait to see the pricing for this SPECIAL...

Cheapest is $1499 for a 7 day cruise...Yep...You got me again!

NCL cant fill their ships giving balcony s and goodies away for $850...cant imagine Celebrity will do well with that pricing and all the cabins available!

I'm pretty stoked for this. I'm waiting for a callback from my agent to book the 10 night in May- ports are fairly interesting and the price is attractive, plus the perks.

The 7 night sailings do not interest me but I'm sure there are lots of families that do summer Caribbean sailings.

I'm pretty stoked for this. I'm waiting for a callback from my agent to book the 10 night in May- ports are fairly interesting and the price is attractive, plus the perks.

The 7 night sailings do not interest me but I'm sure there are lots of families that do summer Caribbean sailings.

Is that the May 5th one? I was just looking at that too and the price with all the perks is really good especially considering our exchange rate! Do you know if you can still get the Captain's Club one category upgrade with this? ie 2B for 2C price?

Cathy

Not so great for those of us who booked the transatlantic to Barcelona. Especially B2B. No word from our TA on what our alternatives will be.

Totally agree. We have the B2B for our 50th. What a let down. Too few bookings in Europe. IMHO

Hi Everyone,

Just heard that Equinox will remain in Florida (From Miami) for Summer 2017, and thus, Celebrity will again be offering Year-Round Caribbean sailings.

2 things to say about this :

1. A HUGE Thank You Celebrity, and...

2. It's about time :)

More details to follow shortly !

Totally agree! I got the email this morning! More ships needed year round than just Equinox and Summit, but it's a great start!:D happy happy.

Andy do you know when the first 'Edge Class' is due out? Maybe that will replace the Equinox in the Med.

Hi Wallie,

Excellent thought - but I dont think each of the decisions are directly related, as the first Edge isnt due until sometime in 2018. I have a feeling it's not the early part of 2018, as the ship probably would be under construction by now.

I believe that *IF* the first Edge class ship makes it's debut in Summer 2018, she will be sailing somewhere in Europe for a bit, before heading to (hopefully) South Florida for her Innaugural Caribbean season. With RCCL's announcement of a new terminal in Miami, it's possible the first Edge class ship will homeport in Miami. This is all speculation, and we'll have to wait a while (maybe late December ?) for confirmation from Celebrity.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

I wish they would have come up with some inventive itineraries though to go along with this announcement. One of the big things many Caribbean cruisers are looking for is some new places to go. Or look at some of the places they used to go like Antigua, Barbados, more of St. Kitts (what a neat island!)

They do have that itinerary on the Equinox. Check it out.

Celebrity got me once again!

I got the email with a special Captains Club pricing for Summer on the Equinox.....balcony for price of outside AND all four promotions...in others go best ...... I couldnt wait to see the pricing for this SPECIAL...

Cheapest is $1499 for a 7 day cruise...Yep...You got me again!

NCL cant fill their ships giving balcony s and goodies away for $850...cant imagine Celebrity will do well with that pricing and all the cabins available!

Hi Jewliana,

I'm curious - what is NCL offering in "goodies". Would be nice to make an apples to apples comparison.

Today, we paid 1249 for an Oceanview on Equinox, 7 nights, with all 4 perks, including 300.00 in OBC, Drink Package, Gratuities and Internet. IMO, that's a very good deal.

Nothing against NCL whatsoever, but I'd rather pay more, and sail with X. Besides, if they don't fill the ship, the pricing might come down.

Edited by Host Andy

If they anticipated high demand I'm not sure why there would such excellent pricing a load of perks being offered today by a major online agent (e.g premium drinks, free grats, Internet and OBC).

Celebrity is offering the same perks... premium drinks, free grats, Internet and OBC and the captain's club pricing, so the cruise I am eyeing is coming out to be approx $200 cheaper than the TA quote.....so it's like take the lower pricing or take the higher pricing with the TA's extra OBC.

Yes, you are correct but I was talking about the on-line TA that is offering even more perks than Celebrity to their loyal customers.

The online TA is offering the 4 perks (and making it sound like they are offering it) that Celebrity is offering. The extra thing that the TA is offering is an extra OBC.

However, for the sailing I am interested in, the TA's price is higher than Celebrity's. Looks like the TA built in the "extra OBC" in their bottom line price.

We have used that TA before and had extremely different experiences dealing with them....either excellent or awful. Nothing against them, I would still use them.