Celebrity to Offer Year-Round Caribbean in Summer 2017

Andy

They do have that itinerary on the Equinox. Check it out.

That I can see, there's something close. If you can sail on 5/15/17, 9/4/17, 9/25/17, or 10/16/17, Equinox offers an excellent 11 night sailing, which calls on St Thomas, Tortola, St Johns Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia, and St Maarten, and 4 sea days.

Hope this helps !

Anybody know if these cruises qualify for the one category upgrade? Get 1A for 1B price etc? Thanks

Yes, this is offered for Captains Club members, Classic level and above. Hope this helps !

Hi Jewliana,

I'm curious - what is NCL offering in "goodies". Would be nice to make an apples to apples comparison.

Today, we paid 1249 for an Oceanview on Equinox, 7 nights, with all 4 perks, including 300.00 in OBC, Drink Package, Gratuities and Internet. IMO, that's a very good deal.

Nothing against NCL whatsoever, but I'd rather pay more, and sail with X. Besides, if they don't fill the ship, the pricing might come down.

Those were the perks offered but the LOWEST price I saw was 1499 with most being more. Just not an awesome sale price for booking a year in advance is all I am saying.

Our 3 November 2017 Equinox TA is still showing in My Celebrity. We have a call into our TA.

I agree, norwegianwood57 ........ What I really want, however, is an itinerary roundtrip from the west coast to the South Pacific, like HAL does. Why can't Celebrity have a ship on the west coast, like you said, particularly if it could offer a roundtrip cruise from LA or San Diego to the South Pacific and back with Hawaii in route?

If anyone from X is lurking, I agree with norwegianwood57 and TourDeCruise - would love to see a ship that departs from LA or San Diego to the South Pacific or South America. We would welcome some new ports and a trip that doesn't require a flight from California to Europe or Florida. (edited to add: yes, I know we have Alaska part of the year)

Edited by WestCoastFlyer

Hi Jewliana,

I'm curious - what is NCL offering in "goodies". Would be nice to make an apples to apples comparison.

Today, we paid 1249 for an Oceanview on Equinox, 7 nights, with all 4 perks, including 300.00 in OBC, Drink Package, Gratuities and Internet. IMO, that's a very good deal.

Nothing against NCL whatsoever, but I'd rather pay more, and sail with X. Besides, if they don't fill the ship, the pricing might come down.

I totally agree that I would pay more to sail X and just did!! We had the NCL Escape booked for August 2017, for lack of better options. We booked an inside cabin and got the drink package (but they make you pay the 18% and it doesn't include water, etc.). We were paying $3000 CDN for that inside on NCL, but plus 18% grats on package, plus regular grats, plus vibe pass (really wanted that as the main pool looks like a mess), plus paying for supper (we really haven't had good experiences with NCL main dining room food), etc., it starts to add up.

For the Equinox on the same week, I called and booked today, we are paying $3900 CDN (there was an extra $196 CDN off as a captain's club loyalty bonus - likely about $75 USD per person based on their current exchange), got the Go Best included and I have an extra $125 as it was an onboard booking I moved. I think all in, it will actually be close to the same, and even if not, I would pay extra to sail Celebrity anyway, but we didn't have the choice before!

Sue

Hi Jewliana,

That is total price for 2 people 1249, and get all 4 perks including 300obc. (Making it 949 net for two people)??

That's great deal. The best we've done is about 1700 for a week cruise for 2 people.

The online TA is offering the 4 perks (and making it sound like they are offering it) that Celebrity is offering. The extra thing that the TA is offering is an extra OBC.

However, for the sailing I am interested in, the TA's price is higher than Celebrity's. Looks like the TA built in the "extra OBC" in their bottom line price.

We have used that TA before and had extremely different experiences dealing with them....either excellent or awful. Nothing against them, I would still use them.

I guess we are looking at different sailings or maybe even different on-line TA's. There is more than one. Since there were several references to the inaugural sailing of the season, that was the one I was referring to. The TA that I am using is charging $125 less for AQ and giving an extra $300 OBC + the 4 perks(that is $600 OBC) for today's bookings as well as the loyalty benefit. Yes, I am very aware that the 4 perks offered are coming from Celebrity. Have used these guys for years with no problems. I agree you have to know what you want and what you are getting.

That is total price for 2 people 1249, and get all 4 perks including 300obc. (Making it 949 net for two people)??

That's great deal. The best we've done is about 1700 for a week cruise for 2 people.

If you would have booked through a well known online travel agency you would have gotten another $250 obc which you could take home if you wanted. That would have met a net of $699 for two people.

I am not seeing prices anywhere near those ranges for 2...more like double that amount whether on =X= site or the "online agency".

They show NO 7 day Equinox for less than $1374 per person before the perks.

I just booked an 11 night Caribbean sailing for next year on Equinox and received all 4 perks, which includes the premium drink package, and what I think is a great price on an Aqua cabin.

I was booked on a cruise to Europe next year, but with all that's going on over there we decided to cancel that one and stick with the Caribbean. Just couldn't pass up the deal.

Same here. We had an 11 night Carib Eclipse booked previously on board and have a better AQ cabin gratuities, internet, premium drink pack, and 300 OBC. At least 1800 savings from earlier cruise. We had also bailed on an Oct. Europe cruise that ended in Istanbul. Sorry for those who had their cruises cancelled but in years of X cruising this really represents one of the best deals for a cruise booked well in advance IMHO.

YESSSS!!!! I am one excited teacher!!!

I had JUST posted in my comparison of NCL and X about how I would love to sail X, but would be basically forced to sail other lines in the summer due to the cost of air travel to ports she sails out of in June and July. Now, we can get cheap airfare to FLL or even drive! Woo hoo!

I dont understand the attraction of being in the Carib in the summer. Very hot, very humid. Am I missing something?

Now if they had a permanent ship on the west coast, that would be something.

I agree with you about the heat and humidity. But this will be attractive to lots of people (especially families) East of the Mississippi who are already accustomed to heat and humidity! In 2002 when =X= kept Millie in the Caribbean because of the travel fallout following 9/11 we booked her on a cruise that left FLL on Labor Day. We flew in a couple of days ahead, and I not-so-fondly remember the beastly heat and humidity in FLL. I felt like I was in a sauna when outside! But like I said, East Coasters are accustomed to it, so it's no big deal to them.

As much as I'd love to see (and sail) an =X= ship based on the West Coast, I'm afraid it will be a cold day in July in Palm Springs before that happens! :rolleyes:

I agree with you about the heat and humidity. But this will be attractive to lots of people (especially families) East of the Mississippi who are already accustomed to heat and humidity! In 2002 when =X= kept Millie in the Caribbean because of the travel fallout following 9/11 we booked her on a cruise that left FLL on Labor Day. We flew in a couple of days ahead, and I not-so-fondly remember the beastly heat and humidity in FLL. I felt like I was in a sauna when outside! But like I said, East Coasters are accustomed to it, so it's no big deal to them.

As much as I'd love to see (and sail) an =X= ship based on the West Coast, I'm afraid it will be a cold day in July in Palm Springs before that happens! :rolleyes:

Exactly. Atlanta is sweltering in the summer and with no ocean breeze to provide some relief!

I think it's got to be that Celebrity are now struggling to fill all their ships in Europe season with all that's gone on. Makes sense to try this. Whether it proves a good decision will see.

Phil

I agree. This is all about Europe and not the spin Lutoff-Perlo puts on it about listening to so-called customer demand. But having said that, I'm glad to see another =X= ship based in the US during summer, even though I have no desire to sail the Caribbean at that time of year. I'm just sorry it came at the expense of losing another option in Europe.

We just booked one of the best corner aft Sky Suites on the Equinox next summer! Great deal! Not the most exciting itinerary, but we don't usually book for that...Suite Class at good rates is what we're after! Not having to fly to Europe, and having a choice other than Alaska or Bermuda is nice.

Shawn

I guess we are looking at different sailings or maybe even different on-line TA's. There is more than one. Since there were several references to the inaugural sailing of the season, that was the one I was referring to. The TA that I am using is charging $125 less for AQ and giving an extra $300 OBC + the 4 perks(that is $600 OBC) for today's bookings as well as the loyalty benefit. Yes, I am very aware that the 4 perks offered are coming from Celebrity. Have used these guys for years with no problems. I agree you have to know what you want and what you are getting.

You are right, we may be looking at different agents. I am booked on the 10 Night S.Caribbean for Oct 27, 2017. I love that itinerary. Bonaire and Key West in one cruise did the magic for me!:D;)

If you are booking at the same cruise, come join the roll call. I started one tonight. My other friends were also going to book. It will be fun!

Edited by Arzeena

YESSSS!!!! I am one excited teacher!!!

I had JUST posted in my comparison of NCL and X about how I would love to sail X, but would be basically forced to sail other lines in the summer due to the cost of air travel to ports she sails out of in June and July. Now, we can get cheap airfare to FLL or even drive! Woo hoo!

Happy for you!

I read your reviews and loved them!

A certain big on-line TA is showing an "inaugural" 11 day Caribbean cruise, Apr 24 for the new deployment of Equinox. it is sailing Miami return with 2 overnights in New Orleans for the jazz fest. Lots of perks! The May 5 sailing for 10 days is much cheaper, so perhaps the perks are only for the first sailing of the new deployment. I am sorry for all those who booked the TA.

Oddly enough, this first sailing, Apr 24 with New Orleans as a port is not listed on the Celebrity site.

We just booked the May 5th Equinox 10 night sailing. Category 2D with all 4 perks and an additional $200 OBC....$2700 total for 2. I think this is my best deal in the last few years.

I am not seeing prices anywhere near those ranges for 2...more like double that amount whether on =X= site or the "online agency".

They show NO 7 day Equinox for less than $1374 per person before the perks.

Hi ECCruise.

The price I saw earlier, was 1249 Per Person for an Oceanview. However, this was for one of the 10 night sailings in September (with all 4 perks), which we booked. I think the other posters assumed it was for 2 passengers. Not sure if the price has since gone up. I havent had a chance to check pricing since earlier today.

Edited by Host Andy

For now, I agree Beav. However, I think the chances of at least some West Coast sailings increases, when the Edge class ships come online. That should certainly give Celebrity some additional itinerary flexibility - as long as they do not start to eliminate the M-Class.

I sincerely hope that Celebrity will allow it's fleet to grow this time around.

I'm just sorry it came at the expense of losing another option in Europe.

3 years ago, we had 2 ships sailing from UK in the summer, Eclipse from Southampton and Infinity from Harwich. Infinity was taken away, I was on her last TA in 2013.

Eclipse does mainly northern sailings and only one Med sailing- we were told Equinox sailed the Med, so Eclipse wasn't going there from Southampton.

If I wanted to sail around Britain, I need to fly to Amsterdam for the privilege- yes really!!!

Could we at least have sailings out of Southampton to warmer ports?

Edited by upwarduk