Lost rings

see if you can find someone doing a live review of the current cruise. Maybe you can get them to leave a note on the door of the people in your room. Long shot but might pay off.

Does anyone have any advice on who to contact at RC. My daughter left 2 diamond rings in the back of her safe on Anthem of the Seas last week. RC are not being very helpful not returning calls and saying they can't ask the guests in that stateroom because they might get offended thinking the are being accused of stealing the rings. It is very frustrating.

Several years ago we traveled with friends to Disney and after they switched rooms, their son remembered that he had left his brand new iPod in the room. The Front Desk told them the same thing, that they could not ask the new guests about it because they would think they were being accused of stealing. Fortunately for my friends, they got it back, so I wish you the same good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Something else you might want to consider is phoning the ship directly at (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. at (321) 953-9003. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute, not cheap, but dealing directly with the ship might result in better luck. Typically, I find ship's crew far more accommodating than shore-based staff.

We were told someone did phone the ship but they can't check the safe only looked at the lost and found list

When I get to my room after boarding, one of the first things I do is completely check out the safe for any valuables left behind. The only thing I've ever found is a few coins. I'd love to see a happy ending for someone who left something behind....

I turned in someone's credit card, but didn't notice it till I was checking to make sure I had all my stuff out. It was under the mat in the bottom of the safe.

I like the idea of the bag.....will do that next month.

Gwen [emoji3]

Did you take out travel insurance? If you did, they should cover your lost items. I had the same issue a few years back and I put a claim in to the travel insurance and they covered everything. Good luck! I hope they are found!!

I was asked by my room steward if I had found a chain in my safe. His supervisor had received notice from someone that it was left in the safe from passengers the week before. I had been using the safe a few days and not seen it. I cleared out all of my things, checked and did find a gold chain with a cross pendant. I immediately took it to guest services, and turned it in. The lady at guest services got a log book, wrote in it the date and item turned in and put the chain in an envelope. She said they receive a notice from Miami weekly of lost items people have called about. If they have matching items in the log book, they are returned.

I was so glad to find it and very hopeful the rightful owner received it back. I never felt like the room steward was accusing me of stealing when he asked if I had found it. I'm just glad he asked, because I had not seen it until I removed all my things. It was on the side and toward the back of the safe. As soon as I get into my cabin, I place my passport, iPad, wallet and jewelry bag in the safe. The suggestion of a large ziplock to place everything in the safe is a great idea! Thanks! I will be using that next cruise.

Hopefully, op's daughter will receive her rings back from an honest person finding them. I don't know why they are saying they can't ask the passengers in that stateroom this week to check. I was also on a Royal Caribbean ship....Freedom of the Seas.

Something else you might want to consider is phoning the ship directly at (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. at (321) 953-9003. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute, not cheap, but dealing directly with the ship might result in better luck. Typically, I find ship's crew far more accommodating than shore-based staff.
That's a total waste of time and effort, just saying....K.O.:(

My husband once had things (cooking knives he bought in Miami) taken to "safety" by the ship security at boarding. At debarkation they were nowhere to be found. We were in contact with the lost & found at Miami offices MANY times, and the thing that finally got the knives sent to us was the oldest in the book: "now can I please speak to your superior about this?"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So sorry for your loss and hope the items are returned to you...

I have heard several OP's post about leaving items in the safe and now used info here to protect our belongings going forward.

We will bring a sliding ZipLock bag and put everything of value in this bag including our passports.

Two reasons.... items can't hide in cracks and dark. In the event of an emergency, we can just crab the bag and go.

When I travel I use a lot of zip lock bags especially in my carry on bag. It helps keep things organized and quick to find something. I like your idea of putting one in the safe. I will add that to my list:D

If you go this route and call the ship, can you then ask to be connected to a certain cabin? Maybe you could speak to the current occupants or, if they are out and about, leave them a voicemail.

If you go this route and call the ship, can you then ask to be connected to a certain cabin? Maybe you could speak to the current occupants or, if they are out and about, leave them a voicemail.

I wondered about that. I don't know if you could simply ask for cabin 1234 or whether you have to ask specifically for John Doe in cabin 1234, but I like your thinking! :)

Sorry to hear she lost her rings. My husband and I were on a cruise last July, he tore his his shoulder (rotator cuff) right before we left and we didn't know just how severe it was so we went on our merry way with him on pain meds. Got to the Bahamas and were swimming and snorkeling and having a nice day...Until we went to get out and he noticed his wedding band was missing. I felt bad and I don't know if it was the pain or the medicine or the fact that it was his wedding band but my 6ft 2", 200 pound husband broke down into a sobbing mess after an hour of swimming while frantically looking for it. So I know it is an awful feeling to realize they may be gone for good. We now joke and say he didn't lose it we know it's at the bottom of the ocean in the Bahamas;)

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions and support. RC called my daughter this afternoon to say they have found her rings.

I was not expecting that!

Let's hope they're the actual rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions and support. RC called my daughter this afternoon to say they have found her rings.

GREAT NEWS;nice to hear that there are still honest people who do the right thing!