Is Celebrity chartering out the Summit AGAIN in 2018?

A Sixth?

Uggghhhh. Did they give you any substitutions, and most importantly, anything for your trouble??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They offered to rebook us on another cruise of our choice at the same price, keeping all of our perks and an additional $200 in onboard credits. They are giving us two weeks to decide so I am going to do some research before we rebook. I didn't ask if it had to be a Carribean cruise or if it can be another 7 night cruise.

We are very disappointed as we were hoping to book the itinerary in 2017 but opted for an island vacation when they chartered 2017.

They offered to rebook us on another cruise of our choice at the same price, keeping all of our perks and an additional $200 in onboard credits. They are giving us two weeks to decide so I am going to do some research before we rebook. I didn't ask if it had to be a Carribean cruise or if it can be another 7 night cruise.

We are very disappointed as we were hoping to book the itinerary in 2017 but opted for an island vacation when they chartered 2017.

Could you please provide the dates that you were "bumped" from. Our travel agent has no knowledge of this as of yet.

Thanks.

Could you please provide the dates that you were "bumped" from. Our travel agent has no knowledge of this as of yet.

Thanks.

February 17-24 2018. He told me it was all Summit cruises Jan 20th - April 8th I believe.

When this happened to us for our 10 day 2017 Western Med cruise on the Silhouette that started in Amsterdam and ended in Barcelona, they offered us 2 cruises that they would match our current price and perks on, plus gave us $200 OBC for our "inconvenience". And about 7 days to mask a decision. Needless to say, neither of the options came close to matching the itinerary we lost. This is happening WAY to often with Celebrity.

Thanks...it sucks. I really wanted to visit Dominica, Grenada and St. Croix. I think the summit was the only one going to those spots.

How disappointing. Come back and let us know if you found anything worthwhile.

Thanks...it sucks. I really wanted to visit Dominica, Grenada and St. Croix. I think the summit was the only one going to those spots.

How disappointing. Come back and let us know if you found anything worthwhile.

Jan 13th 2018 sailing is still on the Celebrity site and it's the itinerary you're referencing. From what I can tell the "Charter Season" begins after that sailing.

I'm waiting on a call as well, I have the Feb 10th sailing booked. This stinks! I was looking forward to being in Barbados on Valentines. (Our favorite Caribbean port)

Patty

Jan 13th 2018 sailing is still on the Celebrity site and it's the itinerary you're referencing. From what I can tell the "Charter Season" begins after that sailing.

I'm waiting on a call as well, I have the Feb 10th sailing booked. This stinks! I was looking forward to being in Barbados on Valentines. (Our favorite Caribbean port)

Patty

Thanks but we have a carnival vista cruise on 1/20/2018....really want to try their new ship. We actually might move dates for that one to hit some different ports.

I would assume an Atlantis charter will happen sometime during the 1st 2 weeks of March in 2018, they do Summit it seems every 2 years out of San Juan and did one this spring but usually don't announce it until about 9 months or so prior to sailing.

After sitting on hold for 34 minutes... I finally got a rep who was very kind and understanding...

Hoping to be of help I'm updating this thread on what I was offered.

Like poster above they are honoring $200 additional OBC and keeping any perks with original booking.

BUT they are only honoring the price of booked cruise for very few other sailing options. She was trying hard to gear me towards the Equinox or an April sailing. The Jan 13th sailing is not an option unless I want to pay the increased fare from my original booking date. Which would mean after all was said and done I'd be spending $100 more for a date I didn't want... therefore I chose to cancel. :(

Best of luck to all,

Patty

Another option would be, if you enjoy Jazz and like music and IF pricing is similar, join the charter IF want the itinerary, too.... could be overall fun.

That is a great suggestion for the OP! I think I'll put that charter on my bucket list This is a win-win: no need to interrupt their month and great music onboard.

I would assume an Atlantis charter will happen sometime during the 1st 2 weeks of March in 2018, they do Summit it seems every 2 years out of San Juan and did one this spring but usually don't announce it until about 9 months or so prior to sailing.

Hi Curt -- an FYI about Summit's March 10-17th 2018 sailing. It looks like it's going to be chartered for the second Smooth Jazz Cruise (15th anniversary) sailing -- the first being Feb. 10th-17th. So, the Atlantis Charter might be the week after (or before)??

That is a great suggestion for the OP! I think I'll put that charter on my bucket list This is a win-win: no need to interrupt their month and great music onboard.

Just one caveat about that suggestion: These cruises book up FAST! :eek: The 2017 Dave Koz & Friends charter (RC) was completely booked in FOUR DAYS (Boy! Don't the cruise lines wish that THEY could do that, on a regular basis! ;))

We've had a deposit down for nearly a month, for the Feb. 10th 2018 Smooth Jazz Cruise -- and, we won't even know whether/what we'll be able to book, for another month. So, anyone thinking about doing this needs to contact the charter company (Google the cruise you are considering) and at least get on the waiting list, ASAP!

Edited by wwcruisers

Got a call from Celebrity yesterday August 1st 2016 telling us that they chartered the Summit for January 17th 2018 sailing. They are giving $200.00 ship credit if you change your sailing date.

Hi Curt -- an FYI about Summit's March 10-17th 2018 sailing. It looks like it's going to be chartered for the second Smooth Jazz Cruise (15th anniversary) sailing -- the first being Feb. 10th-17th. So, the Atlantis Charter might be the week after (or before)??

I have no real answer, all I know is they typically do this charter every-other-year. So If jazz has it March 10-17 I'd think Atlantis would have it the week before, assuming they follow past history.

My birthday is March 7, and 2 years ago the charter included my birthday, and this spring the charter was March 12-19ish jut missing the birthday.

I have no real answer, all I know is they typically do this charter every-other-year. So If jazz has it March 10-17 I'd think Atlantis would have it the week before, assuming they follow past history.

My birthday is March 7, and 2 years ago the charter included my birthday, and this spring the charter was March 12-19ish jut missing the birthday.

We are actually pre-booked on the Summit Smooth Jazz Cruise sailing a month earlier. I just noticed, that the last time I visited that charter company's website, that they had added a second SMJ cruise, for the same dates in March (2018). At this point, we haven't even been able to book our February cruise (we just know that we have a place in the booking queue). So, I'm not sure how set in stone any of these charter dates are. I'm just glad to see that X is finally letting its regular cruisers know what's going on with Summit, that spring.

Oh, and I totally get it, about birthday cruises. One of my favorite birthdays was spent on Summit! :cool:

We also received a call yesterday from our TA. We were booked on Summit Feb. 17, 2018 and the following week, Feb. 24, 2018. The ship has been chartered. This is the second year in a row that this has happened to us. Like many of you, trying to re-group to make a decision on moving the bookings.

Captain's Club rep told me on the phone today that the bookings could be moved, including perks, to a RCI cruise (both Jewel and Adventure so similar itineraries out of San Juan as Summit). I called Crown and Anchor Rep who said normally the perks do not transfer and my TA would have to call to see what could be arranged. My TA is away until Monday and I was trying to get some information before making a decision on moving the booking. Does anyone know whether or not perks would transfer from Celebrity to RCI?

Sandie

We also received a call yesterday from our TA. We were booked on Summit Feb. 17, 2018 and the following week, Feb. 24, 2018. The ship has been chartered. This is the second year in a row that this has happened to us. Like many of you, trying to re-group to make a decision on moving the bookings.

Captain's Club rep told me on the phone today that the bookings could be moved, including perks, to a RCI cruise (both Jewel and Adventure so similar itineraries out of San Juan as Summit). I called Crown and Anchor Rep who said normally the perks do not transfer and my TA would have to call to see what could be arranged. My TA is away until Monday and I was trying to get some information before making a decision on moving the booking. Does anyone know whether or not perks would transfer from Celebrity to RCI?

Sandie

I would like to know also. We had Equinox TA booked with $100 OBC and free gratuities. We booked with Royal Caribbean on another TA, but no free stuff. :mad:

The cruises they offered us with a price guarnatee were mostly Equinox and a few on the summit in Nov and April.

We decided to book an Alaskan cruise, which was substantially more expensive, but they were able to move all of our perks. We had booked the original cruise onboard Summit in January and they did also move the onboard booking perks.

So I just called Celebrity and they did confirm that my March 3, 2018 cruise was chartered, stated that they had not made it down to my name on the list yet. She did offer cruises on the Equinox, at first for November, but I said that was not going to work for me, I preferred March 2018. She then agreed to that, and gave me the sky suite price I had paid on Summit for a sky suite on the Equinox cruise. I was okay taking this cruise because I haven't been on Equinox, and happy with stops in Key West and Grand Cayman. They also gave me the amount of OBC I had and all of the perks. I didn't ask for more OBC, because I have a substantial amount already. Preferred the match price of the suite, 400.00 less than the advertised price Per person.

I called our TA yesterday and they confirmed it. We are trying to decide if we want to switch to the Equinox (all the ports we've been to numerous times) or if we will cancel. But...if somebody can switch to RC, let me know-They have the ports we want!

Spoke with a Celebrity rep yesterday and while I didn't exactly get a confirmation on what exactly is going to happen in 2018, did remind her that we are booked for 7 B2Bs (eight weeks) and the mission is to stay aboard the same ship, same A1 cabin and have a few overnight in port stays.

Today had a message from a different Celebrity rep that I need to call about my January cruise(s?) because the Summit has been chartered and I need to rebook "with compensation"

We'll see. :(