Is Celebrity chartering out the Summit AGAIN in 2018?

A Sixth?

As we are doing B2B2B eagerly await word from you what the compensation is. We too are awaiting clarification.

Thanks.

We had B2B sailing (week of 2/10/18 & 2/17/18) and received $400 per cruise Goodwill OBC because we were in a suite. Otherwise, it's $200 per cruise. We rebooked B2B sailings on the Equinox that they were offering and got to keep the rate we had for our Summit sailings.

We had B2B sailing (week of 2/10/18 & 2/17/18) and received $400 per cruise Goodwill OBC because we were in a suite. Otherwise, it's $200 per cruise. We rebooked B2B sailings on the Equinox that they were offering and got to keep the rate we had for our Summit sailings.

Thanks for the info.

Glad you were able to get the same dates and stateroom. Enjoy.

Confirmed that the Summit Mar 24/18 sailing has been chartered. Although they said they would match price & perks with additional OBC, they haven't followed through with the promised e-mail with options. I called back to request 2 days later and...was sent some kind of generic notice letter with NOTHING in it other than my name that didn't even advise the ship was chartered?!

So, I am holding an April date with equal cabin (had prime real estate and was able to get 24hour hold on that.) I have no idea if it meets their 'option' since they haven't bother to do anything but initial contact. Of course, I have 2 weeks to DO something, but what? Crappy customer service on notification.

:mad:

There;s another thread about Summit charters. it's looking like most of Spring 2018 is chartered. From what I've gathered thus far, end of Feb 2018 is chartered, at least 2 cruises in March are (maybe 3), and now see this one.

When do the Edge class ships launch? Wondering if one of those will be taking up the slack....

There;s another thread about Summit charters. it's looking like most of Spring 2018 is chartered. From what I've gathered thus far, end of Feb 2018 is chartered, at least 2 cruises in March are (maybe 3), and now see this one.

When do the Edge class ships launch? Wondering if one of those will be taking up the slack....

Late, 2018, they haven't even cut the first steel yet.

Edited by dkjretired

Notified by our TA that half of our b2b was cancelled :eek:... the ship has been reallocated to a charter. Have already identified our alternative! :D

Our January 29th, 2018 Summit cruise was cancelled. The notice states "The following sailings are affected: January 20, 2018 - April 7, 2018." We are trying to find an alternative.

We were on an April 7/ April 14 2018 b2b. When they cancelled the 7th, we cancelled the 14th and opted for Eclipse April 1 2018 14 night Exotic Carib. All signed up and won't have to wait the extra week to be out on the water again! :D

Ended up booking the same A1 cabin number on B2B sailings on the Reflection and even B2B2Bs on the Equinox. Won't get lost at least! :p

Do have to change ships after three weeks and stay in south Florida one night between cruises but Solstice class ships make it worth while to me. Six weeks cruising sounds pretty sweet!

I got to keep the rate we had for our Summit sailings, all the goodies and an extra $ 200.00 per cruise credit.

Cancelled out-right two of our Summit bookings (we were going to go for eight weeks total) and regretted it a few hours later so called back to see if I could transfer those two weeks to a 14 day Eclipse after our last Equinox cruise but it was too late. Once cancelled it's over.....:(

Anyway, I am very satisfied with the way the Celebrity rep Daniella handled everything! :D'

BTW we were booked solid on the Summit for eight weeks starting Jan 6th 2018.

Edited by A Sixth?

Confirmed that the Summit Mar 24/18 sailing has been chartered. Although they said they would match price & perks with additional OBC, they haven't followed through with the promised e-mail with options. I called back to request 2 days later and...was sent some kind of generic notice letter with NOTHING in it other than my name that didn't even advise the ship was chartered?!

So, I am holding an April date with equal cabin (had prime real estate and was able to get 24hour hold on that.) I have no idea if it meets their 'option' since they haven't bother to do anything but initial contact. Of course, I have 2 weeks to DO something, but what? Crappy customer service on notification.

:mad:

Yesterday, we were given 'replacement' choices of the Summit 11/4/17, 11/11/17 and 4/14/2018; and the Equinox every week starting with the 2/10/18 sailing and ending with the 3/31/2018 sailing. You should be able to change your 'chartered' booking to one of these and keep the same perks & the same rate for the cabin category you originally booked & also receive the 'goodwill' OBC. You have to 2 weeks to pick a 'replacement' cruise and get the goodwill OBC and keep your rate & perks. Hope this helps.

Ended up booking the same A1 cabin number on B2B sailings on the Reflection and even B2B2Bs on the Equinox. Won't get lost at least! :p

Do have to change ships after three weeks and stay in south Florida one night between cruises but Solstice class ships make it worth while to me. Six weeks cruising sounds pretty sweet!

I got to keep the rate we had for our Summit sailings, all the goodies and an extra $ 200.00 per cruise credit.

Cancelled out-right two of our Summit bookings (we were going to go for eight weeks total) and regretted it a few hours later so called back to see if I could transfer those two weeks to a 14 day Eclipse after our last Equinox cruise but it was too late. Once cancelled it's over.....:(

Anyway, I am very satisfied with the way the Celebrity rep Daniella handled everything! :D'

BTW we were booked solid on the Summit for eight weeks starting Jan 6th 2018.

Glad you are "settled" and have a new home for part of winter 2018. Happy cruising.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with those who were wondering about transferring their cancelled Summit Bookings to RCI that we were able to do that today. We moved the OBC that we had with our Summit bookings to Adventure of the Seas which sails out of San Juan on the same dates as Summit. Additionally, we received the extra $200. OBC for each booking that Celebrity offered because of the cancellations.

Hope this is helpful.

With all those charters, what is the chance of the Jan 13th sailing be chartered as well? Or ussually, when they announce a charter block like that, it stays pretty much set? We are booked on that one.

According to the Email I received from Celebrity your sail date isn't effected. Sailings starting 20 January thru 7 April 2018 are the chartered Cruises.

With all those charters, what is the chance of the Jan 13th sailing be chartered as well? Or ussually, when they announce a charter block like that, it stays pretty much set? We are booked on that one.

We were booked on the Jan. 13th sailing and got the "cancelled" email from our travel agent late last week. We rebooked the Summit for 4/14/18 and got our same aft A1 cabin, kept all our perks, and were given $200 additional OBC.

We were booked on the Jan. 13th sailing and got the "cancelled" email from our travel agent late last week. We rebooked the Summit for 4/14/18 and got our same aft A1 cabin, kept all our perks, and were given $200 additional OBC.

Interesting. They must have added your sail date after they sent my Email to me on 3 August. 20 January was the first effected sail date on my Email. Looks like the Summit is a popular ship for charters.

Edited by davekathy

Interesting. They must have added your sail date after they sent my Email to me on 3 August. 20 January was the first effected sail date on my Email. Looks like the Summit is a popular ship for charters.

I just called my TA and she double checked and the Jan 13th sailing is still on. I guess we will have to wait and see, and make sure I book airfaires through choice air

We were on the Feb 17/18 Summit sailing that was chartered. Our X agent just booked us onto the Equinox for the exact same week (needed that week specifically due to work commitments) and we were able to secure an Aft Corner S1 on deck 11. The cruise fare remained the same and we were given an additional $400 OBC for a total of $900 OBC. I prefer S class ships to M class, so I'm not going to complain. This sailing would have cost us more if we had booked it originally instead of the Summit.

I just got off the Summit from Bermuda, and I have to admit that our suite was looking a little "tired" (Aft S1 #6145). Our suites on the S class ships have always been in better condition.

Shawn

Edited by KW Cruisers

I just called my TA and she double checked and the Jan 13th sailing is still on. I guess we will have to wait and see, and make sure I book airfaires through choice air

According to Celebrity's website it looks like you can still book your Cruise. I hope yours doesn't get cancelled like ours (24 March and 31 March 2018) and a whole lotta other Cruisers.

The 2018 dates found on the Smooth Jazz website are indeed charters. They are Saturday to Saturday sailings. DH and I are repeat customers. The company has been doing them for 15 years and 2017 is the first time it will be on Celebrity. There are two in 2018 and they will both most likely sell out - they usually do. Regarding the price, hostjazzbeau, if you don't know what smooth jazz really is, please don't give it the 'elevator music' moniker; the genre couldn't be further from the truth. The entertainment on board is some of the best there is and it is worth every penny. Have you ever seen a deck party where there is standing room only and half the crowd is dancing? I doubt it. Even the crew has a blast.

That being said, I do hope that no one does get bumped - that would be disappointing.

Jan. 13th has NOT (yet???) been cancelled.

I re-read the email from my TA and it just said "your Summit" cruise has been cancelled. The Jan. 13th is the one we were planning on going on so I (wrongly) assumed it was referring to Jan. 13, 2018.

Turns out, I had a February Summit cruise also booked that I had forgotten about. I booked it onboard awhile back as a "place holder" for the onboard credit.

So, when calling my TA, we never did discuss what date was being cancelled by Celebrity, just which one I was re-booking.

And now the April 14th is looking more interesting to me as it now has additional OBC.

SO SORRY for misleading anyone. We may or may not see you on the Jan. 13th Summit cruise!