Website updated - new booking system

Would anyone be shocked if I told you I'm still seeing the last version. I've tried both IE and Firefox. Even cleaned out my cookies. :confused:

I'm also seeing the old version when I use some of my bookmarks I have saved for price checks.

:D Gregg, nope - 'cause I am too! Was just going to post to Ken to ask how he is seeing the new page (Canada). I've tried FF and IE, cleaned cookies, didn't use my bookmark, used the Canada-workaround site as well as the normal RCI site.:confused:

I'm also seeing the old version when I use some of my bookmarks I have saved for price checks.

I just tried typing out the url instead of using a bookmark and still no luck.

Looks like Royal has updated their reservation system.

You can now choose location, deck and cabin a lot easier.

image_zpsvfzqmzpy.png

image_zps4gfdnph1.png

image_zps2jhocnu8.png

That would make it easier, in my opinion, for me to find the cabin I want. A LOT less searching..

:D Gregg, nope - 'cause I am too! Was just going to post to Ken to ask how he is seeing the new page (Canada). I've tried FF and IE, cleaned cookies, didn't use my bookmark, used the Canada-workaround site as well as the normal RCI site.:confused:

I just tried typing out the url instead of using a bookmark and still no luck.

I'm using Safari. I've gone in directly through Royal's website (Canadian page) and through a link from the site that cannot be named (price alerts)

I did find one of my cruises that it took me to the old website. Perhaps they have to upload by cruise to the new site.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I'm using Safari. I've gone in directly through Royal's website (Canadian page) and through a link from the site that cannot be named (price alerts)

This has happened before. It will catch-up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think Royal's IT team are operating under the principal that if Rome wasn't built in a day why should our website be.

LOL! Consistent. [emoji6]

A heads up for solo travelers that qualify for 1.5x in the C&A.

Previously when booking a cruise on-line I would call, book a trip, then have them call resolutions for final price with discount.

Now you HAVE TO ASK them to connect you to the Loyalty Ambassador (LA) to get your discount.

Quite a different price than what you get from Resolutions.

Can you explain this please. All I can envision is that RCI puts me on hold while I get charged roughly $8 a minute for the marine operator to call the LA on the ship I want to book solo, hope she answers her pager, and gives the OK to give me my single supplement of 150%.

But, on deck 9 it assigned you a D2 cabin and on decks 6,7 and 8 it assigned you a D1 cabin. They have not changed prices based solely on location, they have changed because of cabin category which has always been the case.

EXACTLY!

:)

Annette~

As stated in an earlier post it does not work on chrome at thie time. i will have to try IE. The example posted looks like it may be an improvement though.

Interesting... it worked fine for me on Chrome last night, and again just now... :confused:

Annette~

Even though there is different pricing for different decks and locations for now there is no additional premium. It is all based on the current cabin categories from D1 - D8

Disagree. While searching for a cruise last night, there were different interior and ocean view prices for cabins that have always been the same price. Examples I came across: forwards costing more than middle or aft. Level three cabins costing more than level two on Vision class.

The system is used by Princess and Holland America. In both cases, it created different pricing for what had once been the same category.

It does make it easier to view and select cabins, but now when an "ocean view" price is advertised, when you go to select there are fewer choices at the lower price instead of all in the same class being the same price. As I had mentioned above, for two Grandeur cruises I have booked I was checking for possible price drops. Deck 2 ocean views were cheaper than deck 3. When I originally booked them, the price was the same.

Edited by John Reid

Just fired up a new Windows 10 workstation, downloaded Firefox, opened up RCI, and there it is. I haven't checked to see if it finally caught with my Win 7 box.

It was working for me earlier but I just tried several browsers and when I try to book an Oasis reservation it is just giving me an OV balcony with no cabin assignment and no place to change categories of anything.

It just says OV cabin and the total price even after I enter passenger info.

It was working for me earlier but I just tried several browsers and when I try to book an Oasis reservation it is just giving me an OV balcony with no cabin assignment and no place to change categories of anything.

It just says OV cabin and the total price even after I enter passenger info.

So, they finally modify the website so everyone likes it, and you go and break it.;):p

Disagree. While searching for a cruise last night, there were different interior and ocean view prices for cabins that have always been the same price. Examples I came across: forwards costing more than middle or aft. Level three cabins costing more than level two on Vision class.

The system is used by Princess and Holland America. In both cases, it created different pricing for what had once been the same category.

It does make it easier to view and select cabins, but now when an "ocean view" price is advertised, when you go to select there are fewer choices at the lower price instead of all in the same class being the same price. As I had mentioned above, for two Grandeur cruises I have booked I was checking for possible price drops. Deck 2 ocean views were cheaper than deck 3. When I originally booked them, the price was the same.

I would love to see this. Can you provide the sail date you were looking at.

Just wondering if you went far enough in the bookng process to see the actual cabin assigned and what the cabin was. On grandeur there are cabins on deck 3 that are not on deck 2.

I agree at first glance that it appears they are charging more based on location but in all the examples I have come across the cabin category has changed as well as the location thusly eating to the different price.

I did find one of my cruises that it took me to the old website. Perhaps they have to upload by cruise to the new site.

I think Royal's IT team are operating under the principal that if Rome wasn't built in a day why should our website be.

Thanks Ken!

Might try it later from my newer laptop that is running Win 8.1 and see if I get it then.

Ken if you have time can you check the OA 12/18 OV balconies and see if the new system works?? It works on that sailing for CP and BW balconies but not the OV ones. Thanks

I'm seeing the same thing. It didn't work on the 5 day Allure earlier either. Someone needs to post that little crawling bug.:D