Interconnecting suites - is noise a problem?

Last time I posted on here, I was about to set sail on my first cruise - three years ago, and I'm about to leave for my third! You were all right - it would be addictive! My next cruise will be on Navigator OTS - which was also my first ship - and we will be staying in a junior suite on deck 9. It's interconnecting with another JS, though, and as there are just two of us in the stateroom, we won't know the people in the interconnecting room, and obviously the door will be locked. Has anyone any experience of this - is noise from next door ever a problem, or are the doors as good as the walls at keeping sound out? Any opinions would be helpful Many thanks.:)

Edited by oxfordgirl20

Last time I posted on here, I was about to set sail on my first cruise - three years ago, and I'm about to leave for my third! You were all right - it would be addictive! My next cruise will be on Navigator OTS - which was also my first ship - and we will be staying in a junior suite on deck 9. It's interconnecting with another JS, though, and as there are just two of us in the stateroom, we won't know the people in the interconnecting room, and obviously the door will be locked. Has anyone any experience of this - is noise from next door ever a problem, or are the doors as good as the walls at keeping sound out? Any opinions would be helpful Many thanks.:)

I have never had a problem with any noise with interconnection rooms! You would think you would but I hear more noise from the hall then I ever have from a connected room.

It all depends on the people in the connected stateroom. If they are reasonably quiet, then no problem. However if they are loud (TV or otherwise), you will hear the sound much better than if it had been coming from an adjacent stateroom without a connecting door.

It all depends on the people in the connected stateroom. If they are reasonably quiet, then no problem. However if they are loud (TV or otherwise), you will hear the sound much better than if it had been coming from an adjacent stateroom without a connecting door.

Couldn't have worded any better. We just got off the Freedom of the Seas and had a connected Jr. Suite. They were a elderly couple that had the volume of their TV always very high and talked loud. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Couldn't have worded any better. We just got off the Freedom of the Seas and had a connected Jr. Suite. They were a elderly couple that had the volume of their TV always very high and talked loud. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Any reason you did not ask guest relations to talk with your neighbors about this issue[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will hear more noise.

Any reason you did not ask guest relations to talk with your neighbors about this issue[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you expect to have guest relations do in this case? An elderly couple that could possibly have hearing issue's.

We recently had a connecting suite - OS to OS on the Explorer and never heard a peep out of the neighbours and we had them for 24 nights. I was dreading the prospect of noisy neighbours but it was fine.

Cheers

Di

Thank you, everyone - I'm hoping for the best as I've looked at the other Junior Suites available (it was a cheap upgrade offered last weekend) and don't like their locations as much. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best - but definitely complain if we hear too much noise. I've had the noise problem before - once - but from the balcony next door, so I guess it could come from anywhere, not just an interconnecting room. I will try not to be the noisy neighbour, too!

We had a connecting inside cabin on our last cruise and, like you, I thought this may not work well. When we were settling in we heard our neighbors laugh loudly. Casually mentioned it to our cabin steward and he rolled up a towel and put it snug against the bottom of the door. Never heard another peep.

I'm not sure if it was the towel or if the neighbors had nothing again to laugh as loud about, but, our cabin was just fine.