Can lower final payment after price drop?

I've booked a cruise on Mariner OTS back in early June for December 2016, where I thought it would be the cheapest, but apparently that's not the case. I saw and ad in the newspaper today, advertising the same cruise and sail date at $416 SGD compared to $686 when I booked before gratuities and port taxes. I have only paid the deposit as of now and final payment is to be made before middle September. Is there anyway Royal would allow me to pay the lower price seeing as I haven't made a final payment yet? Any thoughts and suggestions would be good!

yes...before final payment date you can rebook anywhere for any deal you find.

After final payment date, only option really would be if you could upgrade to a better cabin for a better deal or the difference in cost.

yes...before final payment date you can rebook anywhere for any deal you find.

After final payment date, only option really would be if you could upgrade to a better cabin for a better deal or the difference in cost.

Would rebooking require me to lose my current deposit, and then pay a new one or does it transfer over?

Would rebooking require me to lose my current deposit, and then pay a new one or does it transfer over?

You would have to contact whoever booked your cruise to determine your booking rules.

OP as you are in Singapore not sure what rules would apply. It depends on how you originally booked. Different regions have different charges for changes made after booking. You must call and ask.

Thank you Marci22. Do you think that all the cabins that are left when the price drops are 'unwanted' cabins? I'm not sure whether i should hold onto my current reservation as the location of the two cabins are near the elevators (although not really near each other).

Thank you Marci22. Do you think that all the cabins that are left when the price drops are 'unwanted' cabins? I'm not sure whether i should hold onto my current reservation as the location of the two cabins are near the elevators (although not really near each other).

You can look at various websites and see which cabins are still available. google 'book your cruise online'. Some sites are better than others in the way they show available cabins (for ex via deckplans).

In North America, you can get a price adjustment before final without having to cancel and rebook. In other words, you keep your original, booked cabin.

Not sure how it works outside of US so you will have to call and ask. They might say there is a service fee for any changes made to your booking, but it varies. Good luck and let us know what they say.

That lower price could also be for a different category room then yours. Do a mock booking to see what your category room is going for now.

I booked the lowest category, category N. So it can only be a higher category then what I've already booked or the same.

Edited by Ethanol95

I booked the lowest category, category N. So it can only be a higher category then what I've already booked or the same.

It might be a guarantee price that you are seeing. Have you called yet?

Before you do that, it would be helpful if you priced out your cabin category on the website to see if your actual room category is the one that is discounted. It may be a guarantee offer of some type, and you may not be willing to risk getting a randomly assigned cabin. Or it may be another category that you do not want, like an OV on deck 2 or 3.

You have to know what you are asking for when you call.

Edited by marci22

It might be a guarantee price that you are seeing. Have you called yet?

Before you do that, it would be helpful if you priced out your cabin category on the website to see if your actual room category is the one that is discounted. It may be a guarantee offer of some type, and you may not be willing to risk getting a randomly assigned cabin. Or it may be another category that you do not want, like an OV on deck 2 or 3.

You have to know what you are asking for when you call.

Yea, I'll first check to see whether the price drop is applicable for my category and then clarify with them what are the terms and conditions of taking the promotion price, ie. being reassigned new cabins or keeping my old one.

I did book an interior stateroom on deck 6 and I'm assuming that's better than an OV on decks 2 or 3? Cause of the noise of the engine or entertainment venues above?

I think I'll just email them instead, its how I've handled my booking and also more convenient. Anyways, thank you for your input marci22.

I did book an interior stateroom on deck 6 and I'm assuming that's better than an OV on decks 2 or 3? Cause of the noise of the engine or entertainment venues above?

This might be your Preference, however in the eyes of the cruiseline any OV, regardless of the deck, will be an upgrade over any Inside.

Agree with the previous posters, prior to sending out that e-mail, do a mock booking from your location and determine the price of cabin locations... look at several. Sometimes there are specials and lower pricing with cruise credit that can offset a better cabin.

For many decks 2 and 3 are not optimal, and chosen when one wants the cheapest option (great if you are ok with that ), but sometimes spending more for a better location pays it back in benefits. Food for thought. Since you have time, consider cancelling, once you find out the penalties... and be very sure of them, then re-book and switch to an agent.

This all assumes you can do this in your location, sorry, I'm in the US. Best of luck with a price drop