STAR PRINCESS reconfiguration after April 2017..what does this mean?

kodidog

We have a deposit on the Star for a September Alaska cruise.

Just noticed on the Princess website that there are now two deck plans for the ship...one takes effect after April 11, 2017.

Never been on this ship, so I would have to go over every inch to see what changes there might be.

Does anyone know what a 'reconfiguration' actually means? Not a refurbishment, right?

Would appreciate info anyone might have...:D

To put it simply, a cabin that cost $5.00 before April 2017 will then cost $7.00 after April 2017.

Bob

LOL...yes, that's understandable....cause even though they will not be any different, they have to print a new deck plan, and Princess must increase their profit somehow.

Thanks, Bob, and Working2cruise.

• 3 months later...
I asked the Captain of the Star Princess what they had planned and he said taking up carpets, replacing some shaft in the engine room, replacing the beds with the Princess luxury beds.

None of that requires new deck plans.

As others have posted, it is reclassification of some cabins.

Every Princess ship so far has also had a Shares but I think they would get one. It's a $39 upsell for Princess instead of the usual $29. I won't eat there. No paying for a Cruise with food and then paying another $39 for food when I can eat at home in a restaurant for $40 for two and have enough leftover for another meal. As long as people keep spending, they will keep up charging.

I asked the Captain of the Star Princess what they had planned and he said taking up carpets, replacing some shaft in the engine room, replacing the beds with the Princess luxury beds.

Did the Captain say when this would be replaced? In April?

We cruise May 2017 on her and would be nice to have the new mattress and carpet. :D

Did the Captain say when this would be replaced? In April?

We cruise May 2017 on her and would be nice to have the new mattress and carpet. :D

I doubt they will change all cabin carpets as these are done on an as needed basis while the ship is cruising through the year. They keep carpet on hand and can usually change out a cabin in an hour.

There are probably public areas that are scheduled to have carpet replaced due to wear etc during the dry dock as well as the normal scheduled maintenance.

Every Princess ship so far has also had a Shares but I think they would get one. It's a $39 upsell for Princess instead of the usual $29. I won't eat there. No paying for a Cruise with food and then paying another $39 for food when I can eat at home in a restaurant for $40 for two and have enough leftover for another meal. As long as people keep spending, they will keep up charging.

Share at $39? I'll pass.

We find it hard to pay $29 for a steak because we raise cattle and meat sheep. The Italian is OK for 1 time on a 2 wk cruise. If I really crave good Ribeye aftet mine is gone, I go to Costco and get 4 but it's not often.

Princess has a Costco now? Go figure. :rolleyes:

They are adding something called "Club Mini Suites" across the fleet this year.

I thought the new class mini's were nothing more than than getting Suite benefits. Someone here will know for sure. I hope Princess will add for people to serve the Suite breakfast, otherwise it will be a free for all.

I thought the new class mini's were nothing more than than getting Suite benefits. Someone here will know for sure. I hope Princess will add for people to serve the Suite breakfast, otherwise it will be a free for all.
Club Class does not include all suite benefits, just a few:

The Princess Luxury Bed.

Priority Embarkation and Disembarkation at the beginning and end of your cruise.

Full access to the Priority Disembarkation Lounge.

Complementary Premium Evening Canapés (on request).

Upgraded Terry Shawl Bathrobes.

They receive a new benefit:

Complementary one time wine set-up on embarkation day, 1/2 bottle of red and 1/2 bottle of white.

Both Club Class mini's and full suites receive a new benefit:

Exclusive Club Class Dining for dinner each night, plus breakfast and lunch on sea days.

Sabatini's breakfast every morning is still reserved just for full suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Club Class does not include all suite benefits, just a few:

The Princess Luxury Bed.

Priority Embarkation and Disembarkation at the beginning and end of your cruise.

Full access to the Priority Disembarkation Lounge.

Complementary Premium Evening Canapés (on request).

Upgraded Terry Shawl Bathrobes.

They receive a new benefit:

Complementary one time wine set-up on embarkation day, 1/2 bottle of red and 1/2 bottle of white.

Both Club Class mini's and full suites receive a new benefit:

Exclusive Club Class Dining for dinner each night, plus breakfast and lunch on sea days.

Sabatini's breakfast every morning is still reserved just for full suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That will make the lounge even more crowded than it already is.....:D:D:D

Bob

That will make the lounge even more crowded than it already is.....:D:D:D

Bob

I agree. We stopped using that lounge shortly after it was offered for the first time.

On a couple of occasions we found the CC host at the door eating/reading/shooting the $%^& etc etc letting everyone in. :rolleyes:

Now we find a quiet spot on the promenade deck with a lounger.

• 4 weeks later...

Exclusive Club Class? What is that exactly? Sounds like an airline upgrade. "We give you free electric to recharge your battery operated whatever." I won't bite. I am sticking with the Balcony and saving my $. Will take another cruise with the money I save. Trouble is getting airline tickets is more expensive than the cruise. Think I'll go to Australia, buy a Ute and a trailer and driver around OZ the long way. I can then sell the Ute for most of my money back and .............. You can get anything you want to order in specialty dining and I really don't want a cook at my table . I don't spend time in a room, don't need xtra space and I have dedicated wait staff. On the cruise we are taking it adds $2000.00 + tip Ain't worth it.

Exclusive Club Class? What is that exactly? Sounds like an airline upgrade. "We give you free electric to recharge your battery operated whatever." I won't bite. I am sticking with the Balcony and saving my $. Will take another cruise with the money I save. Trouble is getting airline tickets is more expensive than the cruise. Think I'll go to Australia, buy a Ute and a trailer and driver around OZ the long way. I can then sell the Ute for most of my money back and .............. You can get anything you want to order in specialty dining and I really don't want a cook at my table . I don't spend time in a room, don't need xtra space and I have dedicated wait staff. On the cruise we are taking it adds $2000.00 + tip Ain't worth it.

Can you keep a secret, this is what its all about. Ya ready. Ok, because Princess created all those Elites way to quickly, they now see Club Class as an opportunity to create a higher form of Elitism, within Elite ranks.$$$$$$$.

Funny thing is I've never seen so many Elites, in inside cabins before. Esp on our last cruise.:):)