Sydney Hotels

Good Morning :)

My husband and I are sailing on Celebrity Solstice with 2 friends on 5th Feb, think we're sailing from OPT, we'd like to stay in the Rocks area of Sydney for 2 or 3 days beforehand.

It will be our friends first time to Sydney so I thought I'd book rooms with a harbour view

I've provisionally booked rooms at The Marriott Circular Quay (Opera House view) does anyone know what the views are like? is the opera house just a dot in the distance or is it a good view?

The Sydney Boulevard Hotel offers Harbour view rooms has anyone stayed there?

Sir Stamford Hotel and Grace Hotel also look nice but I think they're further away from the harbour and OPT

Any thoughts? or hotel recommendations ?

Thanks for any advice

Good Morning :)

My husband and I are sailing on Celebrity Solstice with 2 friends on 5th Feb, think we're sailing from OPT, we'd like to stay in the Rocks area of Sydney for 2 or 3 days beforehand.

It will be our friends first time to Sydney so I thought I'd book rooms with a harbour view

I've provisionally booked rooms at The Marriott Circular Quay (Opera House view) does anyone know what the views are like? is the opera house just a dot in the distance or is it a good view?

The Sydney Boulevard Hotel offers Harbour view rooms has anyone stayed there?

Sir Stamford Hotel and Grace Hotel also look nice but I think they're further away from the harbour and OPT

Any thoughts? or hotel recommendations ?

Thanks for any advice

We love the Grace but no views.

You will leave OPT, can't fit under the Bridge.

Check prices at Okd Holiday Inn and Pier one, both can be really strange with pricing, sometimes pretty good, other times crazy high. H.I. is opposite the OPT so a great location, Pier one is at the end of that road and built on an old wharf, the harbour rooms have great views.

Haven't stayed at Boukevarde but think the views would probably be good.

If you look at the photos on the Marriott Sydney Harbour website, number 7 (of 39), the Opera View room, shows very clearly what the view will be. It looks quite decent.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Park Hyatt has great views depending on which room of course but it is pricey.

Four Seasons and Shangri La have similar deals and may be a bit cheaper. Most hotels around the harbour at Circular Quay would have rooms with views and rooms without.

Park Hyatt has great views depending on which room of course but it is pricey.

Four Seasons and Shangri La have similar deals and may be a bit cheaper. Most hotels around the harbour at Circular Quay would have rooms with views and rooms without.

Didn't even mention Park Hyatt, way outside my budget, but some get deals by being members etc.

The Boulevarde is pretty much perfectly aligned with the Opera house, and looks out over the gardens, so does have great views if you get a higher floor. Only 10 minutes through the park and you're in the city as well.

Sydney is over the top re hotel prices. Captive audience they have. I wish we had those £29 a night Premier Inns, like they have in ye olde UK, stayed in many of them. Very sleepable.

Edited by NSWP

Sydney is over the top re hotel prices. Captive audience they have. I wish we had those £29 a night Premier Inns, like they have in ye olde UK, stayed in many of them. Very sleepable.

Yep, even Ibis at Thornliegh was $69

Rose (in steps) to $99

Now over $100