New Cunard Summer Sale US/CA residents

MCC retired

My goodness! I won't get my hopes up there. But that's a wonderful upgrade. I certainly wouldn't turn it down! Were you notified early or at the pier?

No.

On arrival I was advised not to unpack my bags, hence I have both photographs.

I have also cruised a fair amount, and I have never been given a credit for a price drop after final payment.

Most cruise lines do actually lower their prices after final payment. They do so to sell inventory.

I always book LONG before final payment and can understand the frustration. Try living in Florida and hearing how little other passengers pay for a Caribbean cruise last minute.

Nobody is cheering Cunard for "cheating" you out of $840. I am simply pointing out the rules that all lines follow. Cunard is not alone in its business practice.

Hi Bananavan.

Like you, I too have cruised a fair amount and similarly have only seen prices drop as the cruise date gets closer.

Cunard's Australian Office @ Carnival Australia is also offering around 40% discount and free balcony upgrades from inside price, plus OBC for QM2's 2017 World Cruise Sectors. There must be lot of Brits on the WC disembarking in Sydney, freeing up cabins and Cunard wants to fill them, well they have. We got a Deck 5, mid ships 'sheltered balcony', but that's fine.

Enabled us to do our first Cunard cruise on March 2, Sydney-HK.

BTW Cunard also gives serving/retired Australian Defence Force men and women, Military OBC, which is nice of them... US$ 250, buys a few bottles of cheap plonk for dinner.

Just think of the 'cheap' plonk you can buy when both of you get that military discount.

We love Cunard

Just think of the 'cheap' plonk you can buy when both of you get that military discount.

We love Cunard

Indeed Sir Richard, we could upgrade from a $32 Chilean Merlot, 2016 vintage to a $499 Penfolds Grange, 1989 Vintage. Whoosh, the Cunard OBC gone in a moment of madness.

To be serious for a moment... we are really looking forward to our 'Cunard and QM2' experience, something we have always wanted to do during our cruise career.

Edited by NSWP

Indeed Sir Richard, we could upgrade from a $32 Chilean Merlot, 2016 vintage to a $499 Penfolds Grange, 1989 Vintage. Whoosh, the Cunard OBC gone in a moment of madness.

To be serious for a moment... we are really looking forward to our 'Cunard and QM2' experience, something we have always wanted to do during our cruise career.

I do love your style and wish you well on your upcoming QM2 voyage from Sydney...

13290097935_8eb847795b_z.jpg

13290463534_53ceb296fe_z.jpg

On a lighter note though, just think of the Cunard Class hangover with that Penfolds Grange Vintage.

;);)