New Cunard Summer Sale US/CA residents

MCC retired

Select Sailings of course.

Free Grat's for Grills

Your US TA will have the details.

Save up to 40% off Launch Fares offer is based on a per person discount off applicable Launch Fares on a space available basis at time of reservation on select sailings and categories. Launch Fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion.

^ Free Gratuities offer is based on pre-payment by Cunard of suggested gratuities in the amount of $13.50 per person per day for select voyages when booking Grill Suites. Free Gratuities offer is not available for Britannia staterooms or third/fourth berth guests. Offer is not transferrable and may not be combinable with other offers. Free Gratuities are applicable to bookings made and deposited by 13 September 2016 for select voyages included in this promotion only.

*New bookings only. Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of reservation. Fares for other categories not shown may vary. Fares are per person, do not include air travel, are cruise only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth berth guests. Offer only applies to voyages advertised in this promotion. This offer has limited space, is nontransferable, subject to change, and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past guest discounts. This offer may not be combinable with any other offer. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rick and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Please reference promo code: PAS. Ships' Registry: Bermuda. ®Cunard 2016. The Cunard logo and logotype are registered trademarks if Carnival plc, and English company trading as Cunard line. Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria are trademarks own by Cunard. All rights reserved in the United States and other countries. Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please contact customer service at (800) 728-6273.

I have a completely different event in my inbox (both offers appear to be targeted).

Mark your calendar for this very limited special sale. Space is limited to the first 50 staterooms per voyage booked at these low fares. Call us at (800) 728-6273 on Friday 29 July starting at 5am PT to book or contact your Travel Consultant.

7 night - 27 Sep - M620 Inside fares from $799

14 nights - 27 Sep - M620A Inside fares from $1,499

7 nights - 4 Oct - M621 Inside fares from $699

12 nights - 26 Nov - M628 Inside fares from $999

FARE DETAILS

Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses ranging from $185 to $290 per person are additional and subject to change.

† New bookings only. Weekend Sale promotion is available for the first 50 staterooms booked. After 50 staterooms are booked, or after 12:00AM PT 2 August 2016, whichever comes first, fares will increase.

* Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of reservation. Fares for other categories not shown may vary. Fares are per person, do not include air travel, are cruise only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two passengers in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth passengers. This offer is capacity-controlled, non-transferable, subject to change, and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past passenger discount, including On Board Credit. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Launch fares are offering fares and may not have been in eff ect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion. Please refer to the applicable Cunard brochure or Cunard.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all reservations. Ask about our applicable air add-on programme. Please reference promotion code: PE5. Offer is only available from 5:00AM PT 29 July to 11:59PM PT 1 August 2016. Ships’ Registry: Bermuda. ©Cunard 2016. The Cunard logo and logotype are registered trademarks of Carnival plc, an English company trading as Cunard Line. Queen Mary 2 is a trademark owned by Cunard. All rights reserved in the United States and other countries. Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please contact customer service at 1-800-728-6273.

Any Americans booked this Autumn I highly recommend checking your booking\the sale, I was just able to rebook and save another $200 each, for a total of $800 all while staying in the same stateroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked for this Autumn but it's past the final payment date. I'm assuming that wasn't the case for you?

We are booked for this Autumn but it's past the final payment date. I'm assuming that wasn't the case for you?

Correct, I got lucky and it is in ten days, however, I'd call and see what they can do, if anything. I've found all but one in the call centre really helpful.

Correct, I got lucky and it is in ten days, however, I'd call and see what they can do, if anything. I've found all but one in the call centre really helpful.

Thank you! let me see what happens this time. I called once before after final payment and was completely shut down. :)

Are you all booked directly with Cunard? I went through a TA and the call centre will not have anything to do with me. My cruise fare has gone down $1440! If they don't honour that change, I will be furious! That is a lot of money. There are still even identical accommodtions available. We shall see. I'm trying to remain calm, but I'm nearing a boiling point.

Well I was offered a measly $600 OBC for my two staterooms. The difference in fare was $1400 so I find this disgusting. I can honestly say I hate Cunard. I hate their business practices and I hate their customer service. Wish I could cancel but that option is gone. Not looking forward to my trip unfortunately. I will strenuously express my distaste for this company to anyone considering travel.

Quandrea,

Why would you think that Cunard, or any other cruise company would refund their fare after final payment? IF that were the case, everyone would wait until the last minute to book. That is something that you could have done.

If the fare had increased, would you have been prepared to pay more for your two cabins?

Sales happen. Be grateful that you were offered even $600 OBC. That sounds like a great deal.

Well I was offered a measly $600 OBC for my two staterooms. The difference in fare was $1400 so I find this disgusting. I can honestly say I hate Cunard. I hate their business practices and I hate their customer service. Wish I could cancel but that option is gone. Not looking forward to my trip unfortunately. I will strenuously express my distaste for this company to anyone considering travel.

I booked direct with Cunard and haven't had the final payment date yet. If I were you I'd be calling your TA and demand they negotiate the change if before final payment date.. Isn't that what you are paying them for?

Edited by BeakyBeer24

Quandrea,

Why would you think that Cunard, or any other cruise company would refund their fare after final payment? IF that were the case, everyone would wait until the last minute to book. That is something that you could have done.

If the fare had increased, would you have been prepared to pay more for your two cabins?

Sales happen. Be grateful that you were offered even $600 OBC. That sounds like a great deal.

The thing is, most cruise lines raise their prices as the sail date nears. I've cruised dozens of times and Cunard is the only cruise line I've encountered that punishes those guests that commit early. It never ceases to amaze me the Cunard apologists I encounter on this board. How can cheating me out of $840 be a good deal?

Edited by quandrea

I booked direct with Cunard and haven't had the final payment date yet. If I were you I'd be calling your TA and demand they negotiate the change if before final payment date.. Isn't that what you are paying them for?

Yes it is. I hate bothering her for such things. Feel like I'm being a pain. I did call her though. We are unfortunately past final payment.

I have also cruised a fair amount, and I have never been given a credit for a price drop after final payment.

Most cruise lines do actually lower their prices after final payment. They do so to sell inventory.

I always book LONG before final payment and can understand the frustration. Try living in Florida and hearing how little other passengers pay for a Caribbean cruise last minute.

Nobody is cheering Cunard for "cheating" you out of $840. I am simply pointing out the rules that all lines follow. Cunard is not alone in its business practice.

Virtually all cruise lines offer lower rates , new bookings only , to fill soft sailings , after final payment date . Cunard is not unique .

The OBC offered to the OP , after final , by Cunard was actually generous as they were required to give OP nothing .

You have the choice to book early or wait until final passes and hope for a lower rate if lowest rate , not cabin choice , or even sailing at all , is your #1 concern .

I do have to admit that when Cunard rates are first out , their early booking rates are horrible . Wait for the Sales that will appear during the time between early and final .

Edited by MCC retired

Good job you don't live in the UK then. You would have got nothing!

The thing is, most cruise lines raise their prices as the sail date nears. I've cruised dozens of times and Cunard is the only cruise line I've encountered that punishes those guests that commit early

It all depends on how popular the cruise is. If it's very popular the price will go up. If it's not popular, the price will go down.

Thank you! let me see what happens this time. I called once before after final payment and was completely shut down. :)

I've got to say i'm VERY surprised and excited to say that they were kind to me and offered me a free upgrade from my standard interior room to the atrium view room. They were up front with me and told me that those rooms haven't been refurbished yet but obviously are in good condition. I gave up my brand NEW interior room on Deck 13 but the more we thought about it the more I thought being closer to everything made more sense. (And less motion than up top)

I'm happy!

I POSTED THIS A FEW DAYS AGO BUT THOUGHT IT MIGHT APPLY HERE:

I am in the US and have watched fall Transatlantic fares for almost the last 10 years. A few observations:

1. In the US we can cancel up to 90 days in advance of a voyage without penalty of any kind. I seem to see a drop in prices in the few weeks both before and after that time. I assume that the algorithm that Cunard uses for pricing sees Americans cancel and lowers the price in response.

2. If blocks of cabins are held by outside tour / travel groups and they don't sell, those cabins are released usually 60 days in advance which is another chance for a lowering of prices.

3. At about 30 days out things seem to settle into a state of much higher or much lower prices simply because of the rate of occupancy on the ship.

A related topic: Booking price direct with Cunard / on line / or travel agent? Heaven only knows on this one. Example: In the last couple of weeks I have seen web sites and Cunard (which is higher) vary by 20%. A travel agent called Cunard and got the lower price plus $100 OBC.

To sum up:

I suggest booking anytime before the 90 day cutoff; knowing that you can jump out without any problems (US only?). Also, watch pricing from about 110 days out and follow them up to when you make a decision. Check the Cunard web site, other travel web sites, and call your travel agent if you want the best chance at a low price. Is it worth the effort? -- it's your call.

Example: In the last couple of weeks I have seen web sites and Cunard (which is higher) vary by 20%. A travel agent called Cunard and got the lower price plus $100 OBC.

I'd be very surprised if a TA was unable to obtain Cunard's advertised price for their clients. On the other hand, a travel agent may be able to get you a better deal than Cunard's advertised fare, either through OBC or rebating some of their commission back toward the fare.

I'd be very surprised if a TA was unable to obtain Cunard's advertised price for their clients. On the other hand, a travel agent may be able to get you a better deal than Cunard's advertised fare, either through OBC or rebating some of their commission back toward the fare.

Everyone can get Cunard's advertised prices , anytime until Final that is.

TA's may discount those rates but are not permitted to advertise them.

So searching online sites , you won't see them. Once you contact the TA , anything goes , as Cunard allows TA's to discount their rates.

I've got to say i'm VERY surprised and excited to say that they were kind to me and offered me a free upgrade from my standard interior room to the atrium view room. They were up front with me and told me that those rooms haven't been refurbished yet but obviously are in good condition. I gave up my brand NEW interior room on Deck 13 but the more we thought about it the more I thought being closer to everything made more sense. (And less motion than up top)

I'm happy!

On one Trans Atlantic when I was travelling solo I had booked one of those Atrium View staterooms...

10964429944_0f49d04c5f_z.jpg

atrium-with-inside-view-staterooms1.jpg?w=470&h=709

I was given a 4 level upgrade to a Britannia Club room...

10981688244_4360aed638_z.jpg

Now that was appreciated and another good reason why I love Cunard.

I am actually somewhat surprised at the generosity of the Cunard agents in terms of offering upgrades or OBC for price drops after final payment.

I have always considered my fare fixed as soon as my credit card is charged.

To read that one person was offered OBC or an upgrade to balcony, and the other offered an Atrium cabin is quite surprising.

I firmly support checking your booking up until final.

Usually price drops have strings attached. I noted a drop on my fare for an upcoming November cruise, and this is before final payment. I contacted my TA and she told me that I would lose the previous benefits attached to the fare. The price differential was not enough to justify that.

I am actually somewhat surprised at the generosity of the Cunard agents in terms of offering upgrades or OBC for price drops after final payment.

To read that one person was offered OBC or an upgrade to balcony, and the other offered an Atrium cabin is quite surprising.

Usually price drops have strings attached. I noted a drop on my fare for an upcoming November cruise, and this is before final payment. I contacted my TA and she told me that I would lose the previous benefits attached to the fare. The price differential was not enough to justify that.

I think you are right. I want to apologise to all about my fiery temper yesterday. I've considered it all and should consider myself lucky. Again, I'm sorry.

How does one take advantage of a paid upgrade in these situations where prices have dropped?

On one Trans Atlantic when I was travelling solo I had booked one of those Atrium View staterooms...

10964429944_0f49d04c5f_z.jpg

atrium-with-inside-view-staterooms1.jpg?w=470&h=709

I was given a 4 level upgrade to a Britannia Club room...

10981688244_4360aed638_z.jpg

Now that was appreciated and another good reason why I love Cunard.

My goodness! I won't get my hopes up there. But that's a wonderful upgrade. I certainly wouldn't turn it down! Were you notified early or at the pier?

I'm a firm believer in that it never hurts to ask. Frankly there's a ton of competition now. If they bump you up a category and it makes you happy enough to return and cruise again I don't see why they wouldn't do that. Make a customer upset and they'll try someone else.

Cunard's Australian Office @ Carnival Australia is also offering around 40% discount and free balcony upgrades from inside price, plus OBC for QM2's 2017 World Cruise Sectors. There must be lot of Brits on the WC disembarking in Sydney, freeing up cabins and Cunard wants to fill them, well they have. We got a Deck 5, mid ships 'sheltered balcony', but that's fine.

Enabled us to do our first Cunard cruise on March 2, Sydney-HK.

BTW Cunard also gives serving/retired Australian Defence Force men and women, Military OBC, which is nice of them... US$ 250, buys a few bottles of cheap plonk for dinner.

Edited by NSWP