Best solo cruise ever!

CARNIVALCRUISE3

I have been on 4 solo cruises out of my 28 cruises. I usually sail with my mom and nephew, but they didn't sail this time. When sailing solo, I usually eat at the buffet. On this cruise I was given assigned seating at 6 p.m.. I went to see the Maitre D' about my seating arrangement, and was told that there were 3 other solos at that table and a mother and daughter. I had the best table mates ever, and we always hung out after dinner. They were amazing. One of them is also a teacher like me. We are planning on cruising together next summer. It was such a great cruise, and Carnival couldn't have done a better job seating us. In the past before any time dining, when I would sail with my mom and nephew, we were always seated with nightmare table mates.

I have been on 4 solo cruises out of my 28 cruises. I usually sail with my mom and nephew, but they didn't sail this time. When sailing solo, I usually eat at the buffet. On this cruise I was given assigned seating at 6 p.m.. I went to see the Maitre D' about my seating arrangement, and was told that there were 3 other solos at that table and a mother and daughter. I had the best table mates ever, and we always hung out after dinner. They were amazing. One of them is also a teacher like me. We are planning on cruising together next summer. It was such a great cruise, and Carnival couldn't have done a better job seating us. In the past before any time dining, when I would sail with my mom and nephew, we were always seated with nightmare table mates.

Welcome back and glad you had such a wonderful time AND great

tablemates too:)

Glad to hear that you got so lucky. I'm hoping that Princess will do as good a job with me as Carnival did with you. (I also requested a 6-top for 6:00 seating.)

I also hope that you're seated with amazing table mates. I booked the cruise a month before sailing, and Carnival automatically scheduled me for 6pm assigned seating. I went to see the Maitre D' and he assured me that there were 3 other solos and the mother and daughter.

So glad you had a great time!! I have almost always had terrific table mates at a traditional dining time. Sometimes it took a day or two for the table to completely gel, but I think that's one of the benefits of having the same folks every night.

Funny, the one time that I was seated with mostly solo folks was probably the most awkward group. I chalk that up to the individual people more than the solo-versus-couple dynamic.

I've actually had much spottier luck doing the select dining, even when traveling with others. I wonder if it has to do with people trying a little harder when you know you'll be eating with the same people for a week or longer? I did learn to always ask for a 6- or 8-top table. Smaller, and you could be stuck with boring people and no options. Larger and it's hard to talk to everyone.

So glad you had a great time!! I have almost always had terrific table mates at a traditional dining time. Sometimes it took a day or two for the table to completely gel, but I think that's one of the benefits of having the same folks every night.

Funny, the one time that I was seated with mostly solo folks was probably the most awkward group. I chalk that up to the individual people more than the solo-versus-couple dynamic.

I've actually had much spottier luck doing the select dining, even when traveling with others. I wonder if it has to do with people trying a little harder when you know you'll be eating with the same people for a week or longer? I did learn to always ask for a 6- or 8-top table. Smaller, and you could be stuck with boring people and no options. Larger and it's hard to talk to everyone.

Thank you so much! So glad that you have had great table mates most of the time. I was so fortunate that the solos at my table and the mother and daughter were so friendly. Four out of the six of us are teachers, and all of us had so much in common. When I have cruised with family, we had been seated at a table for 8, and our table mates have never been friendly except for one time. When Carnival implemented the any time dining, we have chosen that option since, and ask for a table for 4 since it is 3 of us.