best excursion for cozumel port

cajuncowgirl13

What is the best excursion at the cozumel port and why? Pictures would be helpful!

I will have to look for pics. Two suggestions: First is Catamaran snorkel aboard the Fury. Lots of fun, snorkel then private beach. Second is not by the ship, it is Cozumel bar hop. Five bars on the Atlantic side, see a part of Cozumel that most don't see. Rustic but beautiful. Excursion gets you a shirt and a drink at the 5 bars.

While we now spend Cozumel days at Paradise Beach, just relaxing, our first two trips there, (many years ago), we went to Tulum. I think it's a "must see", and certainly worth the time and money!

Another vote for the Cozumel Bar Hop. We've only done it once but it's on our list to do again. We even found some other people on our roll call that were doing it so we all spent the day together and had a blast.

We have enjoyed Mr. Sanchos, The Amazing Cozumel Race as well as just hanging around town and having a great lunch at Palmeras, our favorite on the island.

Wish I could recommend the Fury Catamaran, but for us it was a bust. This was a few years ago so perhaps it has changed, but when we went the emphasis was on the drinking. We love snorkeling but the snorkeling with Fury was awful. We were within swimming distance of cruise ships, there was no coral and very, very few fish. Cozumel has some great snorkeling but the location they took us to was terrible.

While we now spend Cozumel days at Paradise Beach, just relaxing, our first two trips there, (many years ago), we went to Tulum. I think it's a "must see", and certainly worth the time and money!

I totally agree that Tulum is a "must see" if you haven't been there before. It's a long excursion and you won't have a lot of time left to do other things, but it's an awesome experience, well worth the time and money.

Nachi Cocum is a very nice beach with great food and drinks

While the "best" excursion really depends on what you enjoy doing, I agree with this poster's recommendation! I loved Nachi Cocom when I visited there a few years ago, and I'm looking forward to returning in December. There are pictures of our day there in my Paradise review (link in my signature). I didn't take as many shareable pictures as I usually do (the alcohol was flowing VERY freely that day); hopefully I will be able to take more/better photos this time around. :D

Our group liked the Waverunner and Snorker Driver excursion. It probably was a 15 minute cab ride each way (included with excursion). 30 minutes on the waverunner (or jetski's) - i've heard these are technically different but i'm not sure what the difference is. Only our group of 6 were on the excursion at the timeslot we picked. After the waverunners you get to snorkel off the beach with a guide (ours was great and dove to the floor to pick up various critters, etc..). Overally, not a long excursion but for Jetski's the price was resonable (i think around US$ 130 per person). We thought it was worth it considering we had 2 guides for the waverunners and 1 for the snorkel (different person then for the waverunner).

Enjoy your cruise!

How about just the best excursion for sightseeing?

You can hire a driver for about 3-4 hours (rate will be posted with the cab fares on the board near the taxi line). Plenty of time to drive around the island, see the east side, stop at one of the funky bars for drinks/lunch, and maybe make a quick run to the ruins (not worth the time IMHO, but some like them). BlackHat tours and a few others will also take your group on a half day tour for a reasonable rate.