Complimentary Food on Summit

BobInPa

The last time we were on the Summit was January 2013. At that time the complimentary food venues were the Mast Grill, Aqua Spa Café, Pool Grill, Waterfall Café and Grill, Café al Bacio & Gelateria (pastries), Bistro on Five $5 and Cosmopolitan MDR. In May of 2017 we will be on the Summit to Bermuda and I’m pretty sure the list of free/cheap food venues has changed and may change again before we cruise.

What are the complimentary food venues as of July 2016?

Do they still have that really good free scooped ice cream counter in the buffet?

Thank you in advance.

The last time we were on the Summit was January 2013. At that time the complimentary food venues were the Mast Grill, Aqua Spa Café, Pool Grill, Waterfall Café and Grill, Café al Bacio & Gelateria (pastries), Bistro on Five $5 and Cosmopolitan MDR. In May of 2017 we will be on the Summit to Bermuda and I’m pretty sure the list of free/cheap food venues has changed and may change again before we cruise.

Do they still have that really good free scooped ice cream counter in the buffet?

Thank you in advance.

It has not changed except that Bistro on 5 will become Sushi on 5. The ice cream is still free. At the Bacio gelato is pay.

Thank you in advance.

No change in the ones you mentioned but believe Bistro went up a dollar or two. Sailed on Summit April 2016 didn't use Bistro.

• 3 weeks later...
What about the snack on the Rooftop Terrace and the food served during the Taste of Film? Are those all included or is there a charge? And what is Indulgence?

Wondering this same thing! Very excited about the Rooftop Terrace, but unclear on if the food is included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Rooftop - "A Taste of Film" was very nice.

Watch out for the seating hogs who "save" seats. They get nasty. - Wicker patio chairs/lounges. Blanket provided in case it is chilly/cold.

It's a movie and the food you "sample" throughout (about eight times,) is based on the movie you are watching. Just saw "A Hundred Yard Journey and the fool was based on it's overall theme, French and Indian. Good movie and good food. $20.00 USD.

"Indulgence" is as they say, where "Oscar Wilde meets Milan Rouge." Cabaret-esque show with the ship's performers/dancers. Interactive. It was a nice change of scenery for an evening. Lots of food if you're able to find it as well as cocktails. $20.00 USD.

What about the snack on the Rooftop Terrace and the food served during the Taste of Film? Are those all included or is there a charge? And what is Indulgence?

Thank you in advance.

Hello BobInPa,

I was just on the Summit which sailed to Bermuda on the 31/7. I posted all the dailies I received that week plus all the menus from the main dining room on my Trip Report. For your specific question though, I went back to grab a picture of the last page of one of my dailies and here it is....

So, if you have a regular cabin (inside, oceanview or veranda) then the following food is included based on what I experienced :

1. Cosmopolitan Restaurant (Main Dining Room) - Breakfast, lunch and dinner available

2. Oceanview Café - gosh, this one is opened for many hours. We enjoyed getting the sushi as appetizers before going to the MDR for dinner. One time, I swapped sushi with Afternoon tea....enjoyed the scones and open top sandwiches plus English toffee pudding. The evenings are International Buffets except for 3 nights during my cruise with specific themes like Great British Dinner Buffet, Italian Dinner Buffet and Chef's Special Culinary Delights based on the Executive Chef's choices. And YES, the ice cream bar is still there. I saw the crew member in charge of making all the ice cream on board. My suggestion is to get the ice cream early because it can get soupy by end of lunch time....or horrors, they run out of the best flavours. Hahaha! We found out he was Jamaican and a Jamaican-born guest during our Galley tour asked if he'd take special requests and she asked for Rum & Raisin and he gave her a thumbs up. :) In my food photo collage from the Oceanview, I was happy to pair my mango cake with mango sorbet and make up a peanut butter and chocolate ice cream bowl paired with a peanut butter cookie for my hubby.

3. Pool Grill

4. Spa Café

5. Café A Bacio * ONLY baked treats like cookies in the cookie jars or baked or sweet treats. GELATO and coffees are NOT included.

All other restaurants you see under the heading "Culinary Delights" require a fee. The Bistro on 5 now is a $10 cover charge.

Hope that helps!! I would say though, to check in again, closer to your departure date next year in case there may be changes.

RestaurantHours_zpsdnqziwqi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We are thinking about booking the Summit again, for next year. It will big a big disappointment if the Bistro on Five become Sushi on Five. Even at $10 it it's a great lunch spot. It was $7 the last time we sailed. We got sushi as a snack in the late afternoon on the buffet.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. Just looking at the daily .. can anyone tell me whats up with the spa cafe? Curious about this "healthy and light" business :) What kind of stuff do they have? Is it open for us normal people who aren't aqua class,etc

Thanks for all the helpful replies. Just looking at the daily .. can anyone tell me whats up with the spa cafe? Curious about this "healthy and light" business :) What kind of stuff do they have? Is it open for us normal people who aren't aqua class,etc

Breakfast menu:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/pdf/menu/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_Breakfast.pdf

Regular menu:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/pdf/menu/AS_menu_1.pdf

We are thinking about booking the Summit again, for next year. It will big a big disappointment if the Bistro on Five become Sushi on Five. Even at $10 it it's a great lunch spot. It was $7 the last time we sailed. We got sushi as a snack in the late afternoon on the buffet.

It will become Sushi on Five starting 10/16/2016. Sushi on Five fleetwide replaces Bistro on Five. Summit is the last ship.

It will become Sushi on Five starting 10/16/2016. Sushi on Five fleetwide replaces Bistro on Five. Summit is the last ship.

I wish them a lot of luck, but they're not getting any of my money. I'm ticked they are eliminating the free sushi at the Oceanview Café - since we eat late, it was great for a late-day snack.

I wish them a lot of luck, but they're not getting any of my money. I'm ticked they are eliminating the free sushi at the Oceanview Café - since we eat late, it was great for a late-day snack.

I thought I remembered, ( I know, thinking I thought something once )

that there was a post that the sushi was still being served in the evenings at the buffet on the Reflection. Did they completely stop? Or me thinking I thought again !:D

FYI:

On the daily in post #12 it shows sushi in the Oceanview.

Edited by wallie5446

Thanks very much! I noticed only things like the smoothies/perrier water have prices listed..so is it safe to assume the rest is complimentary? I'll most likely end up getting the classic pkg or something anyway

Thanks very much! I noticed only things like the smoothies/perrier water have prices listed..so is it safe to assume the rest is complimentary? I'll most likely end up getting the classic pkg or something anyway

The food items are included in the cost of the cruise, and the beverage pkg will cover the smoothies and water.

There are one or two items that change every day. Everything is complimentary except the items with a price. I was not able to get a smoothie on my classic beverage package.

that there was a post that the sushi was still being served in the evenings at the buffet on the Reflection. Did they completely stop? Or me thinking I thought again !:D

FYI:

I remember reading lots of disgruntled folks complaining that they did away with the free sushi in the late afternoon at the Buffet area once Sushi on 5 was implemented on Reflection.

If I'm wrong and they still have it, I will be a happy camper as we are sailing on Reflection next month.

I remember reading lots of disgruntled folks complaining that they did away with the free sushi in the late afternoon at the Buffet area once Sushi on 5 was implemented on Reflection.

If I'm wrong and they still have it, I will be a happy camper as we are sailing on Reflection next month.

Benchmark, and please let us know whe ya get back, please.

EW

FYI:

The Summit hasn't transitioned to Sushi on 5 yet so perhaps they still serve it in the ocean view. Another post mentioned that it's being added in October.

Edited by Iamcruzin