Customs/Drugs

JGB

I have not seen dogs in California or in Florida at ports.

Where have you seen them???

You can never tell what questions you will be asked.

Miami had drug dogs a few years ago not this year and don't remember port but one had a cut little beagle that caught 3 people smuggling in bananas for kids snack on way home.

No wonder so many Millenniums are drug addicts! They must pop Xanex like there M&M's.

I can't speak for millennials, but I can tell you that I used to work at a preschool with about 40 women on staff - around half of the 40+ year olds were on Xanax or some derivative.

On another note, DH & DS both have asthma - albuterol inhalers are $10 each if purchased in a package of 3 (that's what we paid last time in Cozumel). We purchased a dozen. They both reported that they worked as well as the inhalers they get here.

That "most times" thing... No worries there, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not for me. But that's probably because I don't view Mexico as some third world nation full of schemers just waiting to take advantage of those ignorant Americans.

why?

The ones you buy in the us were manufactured and bottled in mexico.

Just a 400% mark up

exactomundo ! ;)

Plus they have the absolute best Vanilla in the world.

Edited by glrounds

Sailed on the Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale in 2014, dogs were sniffing as we walked to the customs counter.

Edited by crunchy05

Dogs in FLL AND I was pulled out of line in December for special TSA screening at the gate.

They didn't care about my bottles of pills from Cozumel--but keep in mind Cozumel carries very little that's all that exciting, despite what people may be imagining. (I was stocking up on stuff I have legit prescriptions for. Lecture and quote rules at me if it makes you happy.)

(Ok, I guess if you ask the right people you may be able to find the "good" stuff in Cozumel, but anything stronger than Tramadol makes me pukey.)

I suspect right now all they care about are terrorist threats and ACTUAL illegal drugs.

Edited by AdoraBelle

Not for me. But that's probably because I don't view Mexico as some third world nation full of schemers just waiting to take advantage of those ignorant Americans.

whether you view it or not, Mexico is a third world nation. Maybe you need to educate was defines first world, second world and third world nations. By all purposes mexico is indeed a third world nation..:rolleyes:

Do you even know what third world mean? or first world and second word? or are you just assuming things???? :confused:

We had friends that were snow birds in Yuma Arizona. They and many other folks crossed the border regularly for prescription drugs, eye glasses and dental work. Most of the pharmacists, optometrists and dentists were educated in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sail out of Miami. Just after the ship docks, if you look out your window, or over the balcony, you will see the Customs dogs getting out of the vehicles and ready to sniff bags. They usually sniff the bags as they come off the ship, but there have also been a few times that they are in the terminal when I have gotten off the ship.

I'd be afraid to buy prescription drugs anywhere but the US.

Really? Don't you think people in the rest of the world get effective and safe drugs when they're sick? It sounds like you think people in France, Sweden, Canada, or Japan (for instance) put their life on the line taking a risk when they buy prescription drugs because they're not buying them in the US.

I'm a physician but for those of you who are not you can always tell what a pill is by searching it on the internet. In the old days we had to pour through the PDR searching for a pill picture that looked like the pill the patient had in their possession. Now they have search engines on the internet in which you can describe the shape, size, and markings on the pill and get a list of possible identities.

That won't tell you what's actually in the pill if it's a counterfeit, only if it's a legitimate pharmaceutical.

How do you know you're getting the right thing when you get your drugs at your local pharmacy?

If for no other reason, our litigious society virtually guarantees that US pharmacies will exercise care. Then, the manufacturers have incentive to monitor what goes on in the distribution chain.