yikes! Seawalk?

jbeth

We have stayed next door in R415. Sorry no pictures.

Great cabin.

The blue-white lights from the skywalk were most unusual in the middle of the night. They were bright enough to interfere with star gazing.

George

What exactly is your concern? Yes you can be seen from above while on the balcony. But that applies to any open balcony on any ship. Unless you stand right in the doorway with light on in the evening, not a privacy problem inside. Too, very few people stand longer than a few seconds on the walk. They aren't trying to spy into other people's space. Most look out.

If you have concerns, book a couple floors lower. Or the opposite side under the bar. The bigger balcony is REALLY worth it to us. We use it for hours everyday.

Edited by eandj

We were one deck higher in M423. The Seawalk partially blocked views straight out. It was only a problem when trying to take pics in port. You might be OK, since you're lower. Not a problem with people if we were on the balcony. They just gave a quick wave and moved on.

Honestly we never noticed them on R deck with the drapes closed, you had a little light on the balcony at night.

The seawalk gets old fast and traffic will die down. It's the blue lights on at night I would be concerned about

I don't understand why Princess doesn't put some frosted glass so you can't see into all the balconies and the people sitting on them.

Tony

Frosted glass!!:eek: Might as well have an inside cabin. Sort of ruins the view from inside the cabin looking out.......:confused:

On the other hand, if you mean on the Seawalk, that would defeat the novelty of even having the Seawalk.

Frosted glass!!:eek: Might as well have an inside cabin. Sort of ruins the view from inside the cabin looking out.......:confused:

On the other hand, if you mean on the Seawalk, that would defeat the novelty of even having the Seawalk.

Not in the cabins on the Seawalk walls so you can't look down into the cabins. The inside wall facing the cabins NOT THE WALK. Give me a break use some common sense please.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Its not an issue. You really can't see inside the cabins except at night if people leave drapes open and a light on, even then the angle is very limited for most cabins.

I did so and went up to look, I could make out the edge of the couch in our cabin if I tried real hard.

Not in the cabins on the Seawalk walls so you can't look down into the cabins. The inside wall facing the cabins NOT THE WALK. Give me a break use some common sense please.

Tony

Tony, apparently someone did.

Its not an issue. You really can't see inside the cabins except at night if people leave drapes open and a light on, even then the angle is very limited for most cabins.

I did so and went up to look, I could make out the edge of the couch in our cabin if I tried real hard.

Having been on the Regal and having seen the Skywalk during the day I would say it is not anymore intrusive to anyone on their balcony than it would be for people on their balconies on the Grand class ships or the Ruby sisters who have Dolphin deck balconies. As far as seeing into the cabins at night, not much different than the forward Emerald deck ocean view cabins on those same ships. Best advice, and yes I know it is blocked off, but not everyone obeys the promenade signage, keep the curtains or drapes closed. Common sense, perhaps, or, maybe not. You decide.;)

I had a balcony cabin on Regal a few decks down from the Seawalk, it was slightly off to the right. It was not a problem. Nobody on the Seawalk wants to look at a bunch of people sitting on their balcony, not do they want to see you in your underwear at night inside your cabin! People look straight down to the ocean from the seawalk. That is the cool aspect of it. As for blocking the night sky, I suppose if you are right below it, it would be a problem. I enjoyed having a view of it, the lights are cool and it's a novelty. I had partial blockage of night sky but enough that I was still happy.