Stay on our balcony or go to the upper decks?

azbeachbum2016

To all you seasoned cruisers.... When going thru Tracey arm fjord or endicott can you see a lot from your balcony or do you recommend going up on deck? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's a personal choice for us at the time....and has worked out great both ways...I especially love being in my pj's wrapped up in a blanket...sipping hot chocolate and enjoy the quiet scenery from my side or aft balcony.

I like going to the promenade deck. Less crowded and, depending on the ship, you can walk all the way around the ship getting 360 degree views. Upper decks tend to be crowded initially but then thin out as people get cold. Bring hat and gloves and layer, layer, layer. Have a great time!

I did a mix of both. Spent the ride up the fjord on the Promenade deck, lots of time right at the bow. Spent the ride back out on our balcony. Never did make it up to the upper open decks. Loved the view down low on the Promenade deck.

I never use the upper decks. My preference is always the lowest open deck. I'm not happy with only one side view, so I move side to side. Being lowest also is superior for wildlife. My binoculars are always with me, Most people do not have any.

Watched from various areas of the upper decks the last time, then

down to our big balcony on the way out. Had happy-tisers and a

bottle of wine with that fantastic view off of our aft balcony. :D

Will be doing that again next week. :)

My advice order breakfast to the room watch the majority of time from the balcony, while on the Solstice we did this while listening to the live narration on the TV.

When I got restless and the crowds on the Heliport died down, left wife in room and went to the heliport on the extreme front of the ship.

Only 3 people standing there--the highlight of the trip. Looking out at nature , quiet, clean and imaging the history of the area.

I never use the upper decks. My preference is always the lowest open deck. I'm not happy with only one side view, so I move side to side. Being lowest also is superior for wildlife. My binoculars are always with me, Most people do not have any.

When I cruise, especially to Alaska, I love to spend hours outside with my binoculars. My husband just got me a great new pair with stabilizer, so I am super excited for my upcoming trip.