Can you tell how full a ship is?

I'm noticing the price of the 10-20 sailing on the Anthem keeps dropping, I'm just curios how full it is. Or what particular cabins are still available?

********** will tell you what percentage of each category cabin is sold. It also gives info on price drops.

So I have question

I clicked on our upcoming cruise

Nov 19th 13 night Rhapsody TA/Canary Islands that has been sold out for 3-4 months

It says there is 6% cabins available:confused:

Edited by jonbgd

FWIW, the FAQ on the fishy site states:

What does the "Categories" percentage mean?

It is only an indication of available cabin categories, not ship occupancy.

Only the cruise lines have access to that strategic information.

Still it can be an useful indicator of a cruise's success.

********** will tell you what percentage of each category cabin is sold. It also gives info on price drops.

The %'s that it gives are the % of categories that are sold out. Completely useless information as some of those categories have only 1 or 2 cabins while other categories have hundreds. Also many categories always appear as sold out as that site never lists the price for them. Has nothing to do with how many cabins are remaining.

Other than that it can be a useful site and has saved me lots of money over the past few years. I don't find it quite as reliable since Royal changed their website about a year ago and I use this site in conjunction with regularly checking Royals site myself. For me it's worth the $10 or do a year to monitor a few cruises.

The %'s that it gives are the % of categories that are sold out. Completely useless information as some of those categories have only 1 or 2 cabins while other categories have hundreds. Also many categories always appear as sold out as that site never lists the price for them. Has nothing to do with how many cabins are remaining.

Other than that it can be a useful site and has saved me lots of money over the past few years. I don't find it quite as reliable since Royal changed their website about a year ago and I use this site in conjunction with regularly checking Royals site myself. For me it's worth the $10 or do a year to monitor a few cruises.

Thanks for the excellent info. I just browsed the site quickly. It seemed to me that you had to pay for a particular cruise to monitor. How does it really work?

I've also saved over 1000$ while monitoring myself. I don't mind checking the prices twice daily. Find it very useful. :)

So, how do you set up your search's? Seems to only allow certain specific info. Maybe you can elaborate. Thanks again....

So, how do you set up your search's? Seems to only allow certain specific info. Maybe you can elaborate. Thanks again....

I'm kind of "old school" :), but one of the reasons I'm doing it "manually" is that paying 1$ with credit card for the alert, will cost me another 5$ in commissions, since I'm not in US....

I go to the above site, find RC, find the specific ship/s, then, for example now, the 7 nights S. Caribbean on Jewel, find my date among many other dates, and, when I'm on "my" specific cruise, copy it to "my favorites".

It takes me a few seconds to click on it -- if the price has gone up, it is in red, if down - in green.

Worth checking even after final payment, if a drop of price equals an upgrade to a higher category.

Thanks for the excellent info. I just browsed the site quickly. It seemed to me that you had to pay for a particular cruise to monitor. How does it really work?

$1 per cruise. For that $1 you can monitor every stateroom category or just specific ones that you are interested in. They sell a package of 25 alerts for $20 or you can buy individually as well. it also monitors residency rates as well as senior, fire, military and police rates. The $1 covers all of these and they will send you alerts from the day you sign up until the day Royal removes the cruise for sale.

I'm kind of "old school" :), but one of the reasons I'm doing it "manually" is that paying 1$ with credit card for the alert, will cost me another 5$ in commissions, since I'm not in US....

I go to the above site, find RC, find the specific ship/s, then, for example now, the 7 nights S. Caribbean on Jewel, find my date among many other dates, and, when I'm on "my" specific cruise, copy it to "my favorites".

It takes me a few seconds to click on it -- if the price has gone up, it is in red, if down - in green.

Worth checking even after final payment, if a drop of price equals an upgrade to a higher category.

Thanks all for the valuable information.

If you had a scanner for sea cruises (try googling) you could see deck plans showing all available cabins:). It only shows a single cabin category at a time, so depending on what your search parameters are it may be a little tedious, but the info is there.

Thom

If you had a scanner for sea cruises (try googling) you could see deck plans showing all available cabins:

While that site is visually better, the UK RCI site still has a more complete picture of cabin availability. The site does seem to have a higher limit than most other sites which usually only show up to 15 cabins per category, but not 50 like the RCI UK site. BTW, that site also has free price tracking but of course only for the German market Euro denominated sailings (an indirect way to monitor US price drops).

While that site is visually better, the UK RCI site still has a more complete picture of cabin availability. The site does seem to have a higher limit than most other sites which usually only show up to 15 cabins per category, but not 50 like the RCI UK site. BTW, that site also has free price tracking but of course only for the German market Euro denominated sailings (an indirect way to monitor US price drops).

Thanks for your info Biker19. Do you ride? This post is so much better than you dead horse picture.

Yes, the one in my avatar pic - tho it's in transit at the moment at won't have access to it till October.

I can't get a good rendering of the photo. Maybe a BMW. We are looking at BMW 1600RTL for Touring and waiting to see what 2017 offers. . Why October? We are going to Sturgis 2017 debating renting or having our bikes transported for us. What do you know about transporting your bike.

Edited by troykahack