Does Platinum & Elite Have Free Cocktails Each Evening?

IsanTom

It will be nice this year on Regal in Dec as we can go to the nightly event and we have the Sip n Sail so can order what we want. Last time on Ruby, a beer and jack/sprite was $15 so pricey. This year don't have to worry about that since we have the complimentary package.

We've never been to the elite venue but might try it out on our upcoming cruise. I'm a wine drinker - dry white. I order this whenever we have the captain's party. This is the only venue that I know of where the drinks are free along with the snacks.

What is a deal though is Happy Hour. Buy one drink and get the same drink for $1.

The snacks have been eliminated at the Captain's Circle party.

This is great info! What are the normal hours of the Elite Cocktail Party?

5:00-7:00 and I see on another thread that you're next sailing on the Ruby and it'll be in Skywalkers unless there are too many PES passengers & would be in Club Fusion.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Technically speaking, no. If you bring on wine, it's supposed to be consumed in your cabin and not in public spaces. I have brought iced tea from the Lido when I did not feel like drinking something alcoholic.

I agree, though some still does it.

It's only the fee free bottle of wine that's intended to be consumed in cabin but if the $15 corkage fee was charged during boarding then it's okay to consume it anywhere.

I get 10 Dos Equis in my elite minibar & since it's provided by Princess it can be consumed anywhere on the ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

In exchange? Never thought of that. Always the coffee card. Thanks.

Yes, by exchanging my elite minibar we get 10 Dos Equis beers & 10 Diet Cokes for my wife. We've only exchanged for the 2 coffee cards when on 3 or 4 day cruises (it's hard for us to drink 10 each on such short cruises plus enjoying wine at dinner) or on a short b2b cruises and we don't need any more drinks.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have seen children with their parents in the P/E/S lounge.

It's actually quite common. I've never seen children ejected by the staff. Of course, this is usually just one or two children on any given voyage.

Yes, by exchanging my elite minibar we get 10 Dos Equis beers & 10 Diet Cokes for my wife. We've only exchanged for the 2 coffee cards when on 3 or 4 day cruises (it's hard for us to drink 10 each on such short cruises plus enjoying wine at dinner) or on a short b2b cruises and we don't need any more drinks.

Thanks. My wife now prefers the beer/coke option on our next cruise.

It's only the fee free bottle of wine that's intended to be consumed in cabin but if the $15 corkage fee was charged during boarding then it's okay to consume it anywhere.

I get 10 Dos Equis in my elite minibar & since it's provided by Princess it can be consumed anywhere on the ship.

That's exactly what I do. I pay my corkage on any wine I bring onboard so I can consume it anywhere on the ship. My room steward knows to keep wine glasses stocked in our room (we tip him a little extra for this) and we oftentimes take it to the PES gathering. I absolutely love the stilton cheese night ... and of course, always fun getting to know fellow passengers during this event.

I too love the Stilton night. While one can order a different drink I generally just go with the Port that is served that night. Ahhhh... :)

On the other hand I have yet to even try the Steak Tartare night. It just doesn't sound like something I'm interested in eating...

On the other hand I have yet to even try the Steak Tartare night. It just doesn't sound like something I'm interested in eating...

I tried in on one voyage and didn't like it. It tasted (to me anyway) like liver with mustard on it. Other people have told me I must have just gotten a bad batch that time, but I have been too chicken to try again. My favorite is the shrimp fountain, but they aren't offering it as much as they used to.

DH LOVES his Chairman of the Boards (Chairmen of the Board? LOL.)

I too love the Stilton night. While one can order a different drink I generally just go with the Port that is served that night. Ahhhh... :)

I tried in on one voyage and didn't like it. It tasted (to me anyway) like liver with mustard on it. Other people have told me I must have just gotten a bad batch that time, but I have been too chicken to try again. My favorite is the shrimp fountain, but they aren't offering it as much as they used to.

DH LOVES his Chairman of the Boards (Chairmen of the Board? LOL.)

I love the steak tartare... last year on Golden Princess was probably the best I've had. Almost skipped dinner :p I've seen it prepared different ways, but whoever the chef on Golden was, his was the best.

I love the steak tartare... last year on Golden Princess was probably the best I've had. Almost skipped dinner :p I've seen it prepared different ways, but whoever the chef on Golden was, his was the best.

Hear you on almost missing dinner. :D

Fortunately, we have Anytime so don't have to immediately go to dinner.

Sort of feel bad for whose with Early Seating Traditional Dining.

My favorite is the shrimp fountain, but they aren't offering it as much as they used to.

I've noticed the same.

In January we did a B2B2B. We don't go to the PES thing every night but do look at what's being offered.

The shrimp fountain was only offered on one leg of the cruise.