Mail order luggage tags are back.

It's a glitch in a very glitchy website (shocker!). I have five staterooms (two balcony staterooms, three junior suites) booked for Allure 8/21. About a month ago, I went online and lo and behold, there was the "request luggage tags" button. So, I did it for all five rooms. I received two envelopes, one for one of the suites, and one for one of the balcony staterooms.

I was on the phone with C&A on an unrelated matter a week later. I inquired with the gentleman and he laughed. He said they had discontinued it, but that there was a glitch in the system that sometime made it appear. He said they are printed and mailed by an outside contracted agency. And while they have discontinued the contract, sometimes when the order goes through, they still send some out.

So, you might see it, and you might not. And as I discovered, just because you see it, doesn't mean you'll get them. Evidently it's about a 2 in 5 chance!:D

I suspect as time goes on it will completely disappear.

Having only been on one cruise (and one scheduled for Oct), what is the advantage of having them mailed other than saving paper / toner?

Self-adhesive, no stapling or plastic tag holders needed.

Edited by clarea

It's a glitch in a very glitchy website (shocker!). Evidently it's about a 2 in 5 chance!:D

I suspect as time goes on it will completely disappear.

LOL. RC IT technology at it's best. :p

Don't hold your breath. OP has exactly 1 post since 2011.

What are you talking about?!?!?!

I believe "Mom" was stating that OP, seashepard has been posting recently.

I saw posts from him last week and commented on his cool screen name. He's pinnacle, so he cruises a lot. , and probably does not post on board.

Oh, the life!! :):)

Don't hold your breath. OP has exactly 1 post since 2011.

Ummm..actually they have 395...:D I think you mistook the #1 post of this thread as their post count..

Edited by kc320

I was on RCCL to print a set sail pass and what did I see? Mail order luggage tags! So I checked two of my other cruises and they were there for them too. Not sure if it's only for suites and pinnacles. But there back [emoji3]

No option to have luggage tags mailed for our September cruise in a full suite. :confused:

No option to have luggage tags mailed for our September cruise in a full suite. :confused:

Received mailed luggage tags for our January, April and May 2016 cruises.

Have to print luggage tags for our August and October 2016 cruises.

All 5 cruises were and are in Crown Lofts.

Received mailed luggage tags for our January, April and May 2016 cruises.

Have to print luggage tags for our August and October 2016 cruises.

All 5 cruises were and are in Crown Lofts.

My confusion stems from the fact that RCI announced there would be no more mailed luggage tags for Suites/Pinnacles, they did indeed stop sending them after our 8 January, February, March, April, and May cruises and now people are reporting they are once again available. :)