Mail order luggage tags are back.

I personally do not want tags or anything else mailed out again. Remember when the cruise ticket booklet and cruise/contract were mailed out. Some lines cruise docs were mailed out through fed ex and others and you had to be home to sign for them or go to their center to get them. often when the tags were mailed there weren't enough. Yes mailing them out was great until we came upon a better solution Computer & Printer. I keep my plastic sleeve holders on my suitcases and don't need any self stick as just cut out around printer paper slide them in and on ship slide them out and insert departure tags. Bob The Villages, Florida

OK. I give up. Are there or aren't there luggage tags on RCCL anymore?

Sailing for the first time on RCCL (Anthem) in October. This will be our first cruise w/o luggage tags mailed to us in advance. Besides the option of obtaining tags from the porters and wasting time filling them out at the pier, what can you do? How are you supposed to attach a sheet of printed paper to your suitcase?

Sailing in a full suite in September and did not have the option to order luggage tags when our e-docs were issued.

I did print them off and personally prefer the printed ones to what we were mailed. They are larger and fit into the plastic luggage tag holders better.

Sailing for the first time on RCCL (Anthem) in October. This will be our first cruise w/o luggage tags mailed to us in advance. Besides the option of obtaining tags from the porters and wasting time filling them out at the pier, what can you do? How are you supposed to attach a sheet of printed paper to your suitcase?

I believe the perk of being able to get mailed tags is gone. There may be some glitches in the system that still allow some random sailings to have tags mailed, but by and large mailed tags are gone.

You could put your downloaded paper tags in tag holders like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470681556&sr=8-2&keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+holder

You could download the paper tags, fold them as directed, and staple them around your bag handles.

You could spend $35 on paper documents and get the self-adhesive tags that way.

They started sending out only to suites and pinnacles a few years back and now they supposedly stopped sending them out for suites and pinnacles, but an error in the RC code sometimes pops up the button to order them. So the answer is probably not mailing them out. You now have to print them out from the online check in area and them fold and staple or tape. Many people buy luggage tag holders to slip them into to make it easier. They also will have tags at the port when you drop off your baggage with the porters.

I believe the perk of being able to get mailed tags is gone. There may be some glitches in the system that still allow some random sailings to have tags mailed, but by and large mailed tags are gone.

You could put your downloaded paper tags in tag holders like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470681556&sr=8-2&keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+holder

You could download the paper tags, fold them as directed, and staple them around your bag handles.

Oh, Gotcha now. Amazon mentions these are used for both RCCL and Celebrity. I'll assume mailed tags are/will be a thing of the past on X too.

Oh, Gotcha now. Amazon mentions these are used for both RCCL and Celebrity. I'll assume mailed tags are/will be a thing of the past on X too.

Hard to say, but the mailed tags always felt flimsy to me. Even when I could get mailed tags, I'd also attach a tag in a tag holder. I know this is a great example of OCD, but I like having two tags on each bag.

Hard to say, but the mailed tags always felt flimsy to me. Even when I could get mailed tags, I'd also attach a tag in a tag holder. I know this is a great example of OCD, but I like having two tags on each bag.

At least you admit it. ;)

I did the same when we use to receive mailed tags. I now do it with the ones I print out. Not OCD at all. Just in case...

I would love to see a photo of their tags??

Easy.....print out two tags per suitcase. Fold along the lines sorta like a paper airplane, just follow directions. Fill in info with a sharpie. Place clear packing tape on folded tag, continue folding tape until entire.. both sides are covered, Fold in half and staple two tags on each piece of luggage. Very sturdy!!:)

I checked with C&A today, as we are Pinnacle and we are in a suite for our cruise next month , and was advised that luggage tags have not been re introduced. Let us know if you receive them.

Sit down.

Hold on to your britches.

Ready?

Got mine today.

:D :D :D :D