Stock Holders Credits and Perks

Cruise a holic

Hi,

I have seen some posts regarding people using stock holders credits. I do not own any stock but was interesting in learning how it works. We do sail frequently on both RC and Celebrity. How much stock do you have to own in order to get perks? What are the perks offered? What is the best way to purchase shares of Celebrity stock? Any other information regarding the stock would be appreciated.

Thanks

As many others have said, don't buy the stock unless it fits your overal investment strategy and you generally cruise transatlantic or other cruises that don't offer other perks packages, because the shareholder benefit is generally not combinable.

Not worth having for the benefits on cruises.

I disagree COMPLETELY...

Nov/2012 Celebrity Constellation, 15 nights for $609pp with $250 shareholder credit.

April/2013 Celebrity Silhouette, 15 nights for $599pp with $250 shareholder credit.

Nov/2013 Celebrity Reflection, 15 nights for $449pp with $250 shareholder credit.

April/2014 Celebrity Silhouette, 15 nights for $599pp with $250 shareholder credit.

Sep/2014 Celebrity Century, 23 nights for $799pp with $250 shareholder credit.

Oct/2014 Celebrity Reflection 15 nights for $649pp with $250 shareholder credit.

April/2015 Celebrity Silhouette 15 nights for $699pp with $250 shareholder credit.

Nov/2015 Celebrity Constellation, 14 nights for $699pp with $250 shareholder credit.

April/2016 RCCL Explorer OTS, 11 nights for $618pp with $200 shareholder credit.

April/2016 RCCL Explorer OTS 24 nights for $1049pp with $250 shareholder credit.

Sep/2016 RCCL Explorer OTS, 8 nights for $374pp with $100 shareholder credit.

April/2017 RCCL Brilliance OTS, 14 nights for $699pp with $250 shareholder credit.

I'm also looking at a B2B on Infinity in December 2016 that will get yet ANOTHER $500 shareholder credit.

Edited by teecee60

We own 100 shares of both Royal and Carnival.

We have received the stock benefit for owning Carnival every time on HAL. It is good on any Carnival owned line. It can be stacked with any other discounted fare.

On Royal, it is not good with promos like the current Go Best and not good with resident rates. We booked a last minute (30 days out) trip and I was surprised it was applied.

If you get the balcony discount on Royal ships it is not good with that either.

I would not buy it for the elusive OBC benefit and might sell when the price gets high again. It has not had a good year.

Do an analysis, track the stock, pick a target price......low price of oil helping cruiselines.

As a frequent cruiser, my stock purchases have paid off. I havent bought RCCL cuz i missed my buying opportunities when the stock was low; NCL has appreciated nicely since my purchase.....not so for Carnival....

Do an analysis, track the stock, pick a target price......low price of oil helping cruiselines.

As a frequent cruiser, my stock purchases have paid off. I havent bought RCCL cuz i missed my buying opportunities when the stock was low; NCL has appreciated nicely since my purchase.....not so for Carnival....

I think yesterday RCL was at its lowest price of the year. If not, one of the lowest. It gained about 4.50 today. If you want it, keep watching.

The gist is, the Shareholder OBC is generally only able to be used on reservations with no other perks included.

Examples include Transatlantics, repo's, TPAC's, close-in bookings, inside cabins when booked when no perks apply to them, and people who book without any perks for whatever reason.

There's been back and forth as to if the credit will apply to senior and resident rates. seems to be the sometimes they approve it, others not. I ALWAYS submit my request and let them say no. Once even though I had perks, they approved it even though I know it shouldn't have been approved.

The Shareholder Credit has not been combinable with the major promotions. These have included 1-2-3 Go and Go Best, etc. I feel these promotions tend to be more valuable than any shareholder credit. I used to get the credit most of the time with senior fares, etc. but that was a long time ago.

I disagree COMPLETELY...

I kind of agree (with your disagreeing). Since October 2009 through September 2016 we have gotten $2,925 in OBC from our Shareholder Benefit. Since we only paid $5.50 a share for the stock, it's more than paid for itself over and over again, plus we have been receiving dividends for the past few years.

Having said that, I would not purchase it now at it's current price just for the Shareholder OBC.

We got lucky when we bought ours.

Current entry cost would be close to $7,500. BUT X is cheaping out on giving out the credits. I recently did 2 Reflection cruises totaling a month. Was denied any shareholder credits since cruises, in Xs words, were at a promotional rates.Once they start doing this, it will continue.

How long does it take to get notification of obc being granted? I faxed last week, for a transpacific in Sep., haven't heard anything yet.

I usually scan my brokerage statement and email my details to the email address they use, and typically get a response within a day.

I've never done it via fax.

Edited by cle-guy

Any idea if you have to wait until X days before sailing? The terms talk about making the request at least 2-3 weeks before sailing but don't indicate an earliest request date. I'm eager to get it done but I'm still 2 months out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Any idea if you have to wait until X days before sailing? The terms talk about making the request at least 2-3 weeks before sailing but don't indicate an earliest request date. I'm eager to get it done but I'm still 2 months out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just send it it. I usually also did it like a month or two before.

You can´t go wrong. Worst case is that they tell you to do it again later - which is probably not going to happen.