Passport renewal

GORDONCHICK

I mailed the renewal for my passport on 7/22/16 and received my new passport today, 8/4. THAT'S LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!! The site says I should receive it by 8/9.

Now, I did mail my husband's renewal the same day and it didn't come today, and the site says his should arrive by 8/10. Still pretty speedy if you ask me.

Just thought someone might be curious as to how long renewals are taking these days.

Edited by GORDONCHICK

We also mailed our out on July, 22 and got both of them today. Just read on another thread that someone mailed their's on the 25th and got them today.

We mailed ours separately, did you?

• 2 months later...

I mailed my renewal in September 28. It came in the mail today October 14. Two weeks and 2 days! So impressed. Happy to have it back. We got an email saying it was delayed due to storms on the coast so wasn't expecting it so soon. Yay! I'm ready to travel another 10 years!

Edited by duckfans13

yep, the passport offices sure seam to have their act together in the last few years ..

did you know that the passport agency is self sufficient?

the fees collected to issue or renew your passport are enuf to run the passport agency.

it uses no tax dollars .....

way to go State Department

and folks who were Sec'try of State . . .

We sent our renewals in on 10/4 and got the new passports on 10/17, which included 2 weekends and a federal holiday! 8 business days, including transit time. Still waiting for the passport cards and the old passports.

Not peak season to be sure, but still impressive.

Getting in for a Global Entry/Pre check interview on the other hand....... We got the ok to schedule the interview in late September and they were booked through the end of February at MSP, so mid March it is. Different agencies.

Happy Trails.