CPAP Machine

Do we need to inform RCI about my husband's CPAP machine? It has a pretty long cord so he shouldn't need an extension cord.

Thank you!

Amy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No you don't have to...but once onboard your cabin steward can provide you with a heavy duty extension cord (my DH's cord we thought was long but ended up being not quite long enough) and distilled water if you need them.

We have never let them know about it ahead of time. If you need an extension cord or distilled water you need to contact them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You have to let special needs know ahead of time (certain timeframe) we decided very close to departure he would bring his and it was too late according to the online request...but we had no problem requesting cord/water once onboard and they had it to us before the muster drill...very quick service.

The need for an extension cord is usually dependent on the room configuration. We usually have a JS or balcony room and sometimes I need no more than 6 feet. But I carry a 15 foot cord of the same gauge as the CPAP's cord. I have heard of someone requesting a cord from the cruise ship and ended up with a 50 foot super heavy duty cord.

Phil

Special needs works great for us, so we don't have to worry about on ship arrangements. One time before I knew about Special Needs requests, I was told no extension cords were available (all in use), but they managed to track one down. I do usually bring my own now in CPAP case, and no one's had any issues with it at all. Just bring a quality cord that's safe, not one of those cheap flimsy ones and you should be good.

One note, I know Oasis has a convenient plug under the headboard, so no extension was needed. I believe all Oasis class are configured that way, but don't hold me to that. I know Voyager class ships I have sailed on you had to run a cord across from the vanity/desk area.

Edited by Doug S

Special needs works great for us, so we don't have to worry about on ship arrangements. One time before I knew about Special Needs requests, I was told no extension cords were available (all in use), but they managed to track one down. I do usually bring my own now in CPAP case, and no one's had any issues with it at all. Just bring a quality cord that's safe, not one of those cheap flimsy ones and you should be good.

One note, I know Oasis has a convenient plug under the headboard, so no extension was needed. I believe all Oasis class are configured that way, but don't hold me to that. I know Voyager class ships I have sailed on you had to run a cord across from the vanity/desk area.

We were recently on Adventure and had to run the cord across our cabin (JS) from the vanity/desk...needed that long cord.

Yes, Oasis class and Quantum class ships have been built with an outlet by the bed.

For what it's worth: I submitted a special needs form for both my wife, and her sister on our recent Anthem cruise, several months prior to sail date. Received the confirmation email stating that a cord and water would be in each cabin. It wasn't. The steward brought water. Cord wasn't needed, as there were outlets by the beds. We did change cabins (twice) 2 - 3 months before sailing. No idea if that was a factor in the water not being delivered ahead of time.

I've also submitted the form for our upcoming Liberty cruise in October. No cabin changes (so far) for that sailing.

Do we need to inform RCI about my husband's CPAP machine? It has a pretty long cord so he shouldn't need an extension cord.

Thank you!

Amy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We contacted C&A and the rep was efficient & knowledgeable. He told my wife that he would place note in the files and that an extension cord and a gallon of distilled water would be in our stateroom upon arrival. If need more, to ask cabin steward.

We contacted C&A and the rep was efficient & knowledgeable. He told my wife that he would place note in the files and that an extension cord and a gallon of distilled water would be in our stateroom upon arrival. If need more, to ask cabin steward.

All of this! My Dad has a CPAP machine and I agree with this statement. When I called, I also asked for a fridge in their room so they can keep his distilled water fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All of this! My Dad has a CPAP machine and I agree with this statement. When I called, I also asked for a fridge in their room so they can keep his distilled water fresh.

Are they on the Allure with you?

There is a fridge in every cabin.

But water isn't perishable. :rolleyes:

Edited by Merion_Mom

Are they on the Allure with you?

There is a fridge in every cabin.

But water isn't perishable. :rolleyes:

Yes, they are going on the Allure with us. I was told there is not a fridge in every room (by RC).

Distilled water may not be "perishable" but refrigerating virtually anything slows-down the growth of bacteria. He also has other health issues and we do not want him to get sick. If it makes us feel better about it and it's available, then we are doing it. [emoji6]