Is there a MUST HAVE list for first cruisers ?

Binyamins

Wardrobe will depend on climate where you're cruising! You don't need anything "special" on a cruise that you wouldn't need for any vacation. If your cruise line enforces "formal" nights, then bring a suit/tux for the man, and cocktail dress or evening gown for the woman.

Binoculars are handy on a cruise, too!

You won't need beach/pool towels..the ship provides them.

You don't need a Tux. You can rent one through Costa. Pack light. You don't need a lot of clothes. Depending on when you'll be in It. pack summer or cool weather clothes. I, being male, pack 3 pair of shorts that can be used as swimming trunks, 4 Ts, ankle sox, long sox, underwear, 1 pair of pants or cargo shorts. Light toiletry kit (enough to last cruise) A backpack with 3 days of changes and extra pair of shoes. All fits in a carryon and backpack so if my wife needs extra room...... Remember, most people overpack. They have laundromats aboard. Your suitcases can go under the bed in your cabin.

Hi i am new to cruises me and husband are booked for june 2017 on thomson cruise for highlights of the Mediterranean for 7 nights. I cannot find anything on the use of irons do i need to bring a travel iron with me? if they are not in the room can i request one or is there a laundry room i can go to in order to iron clothers?

Hi i am new to cruises me and husband are booked for june 2017 on thomson cruise for highlights of the Mediterranean for 7 nights. I cannot find anything on the use of irons do i need to bring a travel iron with me? if they are not in the room can i request one or is there a laundry room i can go to in order to iron clothers?

Noooooo! You can't take travel irons onboard.

I don't know about Thomson ships, but some lines do have laundry rooms, and some don't. For those that don't you can usually have clothes ironed/pressed for a small-ish charge.

I know that there are some dress code, what kind of cloths ? etc ...

I will sail with costa on the 02/9 - from Roma to Roma

Thank you !

Ask your question on the Costa forum for more informed answers about the dress code. The dress code usually applies to the evening dining room only, but it may be different from cruise line to cruise line.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138

Ok thanks for that if there is a laundry facility of some sort it will b fine

Check on the Thomson page in the index. I don't know about all their ships, but there were launderettes with irons on Celebration, some years ago. Things might have changed after her refit... The Thomson page will tell you what's what on each ship.