Bringing wine on board

stanw

I booked a Celebrity cruise with a representative from Celebrity. She told me I could bring 2 bottles of wine on board with no charge. Anyone know if this is true or not? Thanks.........Stan

Your can confirm this on Celebrity's website: two 750 ml bottles per stateroom, at embarkation only, not from ports, no charge when consumed in stateroom, $25 corkage per bottle if consumed elsewhere. Best to bring it in carry-on luggage, not checked luggage

Your can confirm this on Celebrity's website: two 750 ml bottles per stateroom, at embarkation only, not from ports, no charge when consumed in stateroom, $25 corkage per bottle if consumed elsewhere. Best to bring it in carry-on luggage, not checked luggage

Thanks!!

I booked a Celebrity cruise with a representative from Celebrity. She told me I could bring 2 bottles of wine on board with no charge. Anyone know if this is true or not? Thanks.........Stan

Done it many times. If we don't get the drink package we enjoy a glass of wine in our cabin before going down to one of the lounges for a pre-diner drink. We usually let our cabin attendant know the first day of the Cruise we would like wine glasses everyday. Never had a problem getting that request. You can also get wine glasses from room service or one of the lounges. Again no problem. We also pack our own wine opener in our checked luggage. It's a cheap one and the foil cutter is small. It's been on many Cruises with us.

Done it many times. If we don't get the drink package we enjoy a glass of wine in our cabin before going down to one of the lounges for a pre-diner drink. We usually let our cabin attendant know the first day of the Cruise we would like wine glasses everyday. Never had a problem getting that request. You can also get wine glasses from room service or one of the lounges. Again no problem. We also pack our own wine opener in our checked luggage. It's a cheap one and the foil cutter is small. It's been on many Cruises with us.

Appreciate the info.

If you bring a corkscrew that has a knife-type foil cutter note that it is contraband.

I guess size does matter. The foil cutter (knife type) on my corkscrew is about an inch long. The corkscrew is in a baggie along with my mustache scissors which are about 3 inches long in our checked luggage and never had an issue no matter the Cruise line.

Edited by davekathy

.... Blades are allowed, Where have you seen that knife type cutters are not allowed? Sorry if the sentence was unclear?

Post number 10 of this thread. But I knew from my experiences the post was inaccurate.

Edited by davekathy

I'm looking at the Celebrity wine policy on the website. Nothing there about wine opening tools

I believe that was the point donaldsc was making. Corkscrews even with the small knife like foil cutter is not on Celebrity's prohibed items list or as some one called it contraband so you are allowed to bring it on the ship. Hell the corkscrew itself is longer than the foil cutter. Like I said in one of my earlier posts I bring it on all of our Cruises even when we have the beverage package and don't bring wine aboard. It's always in our first aid kit. I do believe the OPs questions/concerns were answered and your concerns also.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine/champagne onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.