Anyone done the "Extend your Stay" on Summit Caribbean sailing??

cruza

We are sailing on Summit Repo in October and our flight is late afternoon.

I found "Extend your Stay" option on X site but only for Europe...

Anyone done the "Extend your Stay" on Summit Caribbean sailing? Is this option still available? :confused:

Thanks,

Mike

Anyone done the "Extend your Stay" on Summit Caribbean sailing? Is this option still available? :confused:

Thanks,

Mike

Don't believe this has ever been made available for the Caribbean, only in Europe.

I am trying to figure out how this would not be the greatest horror show ever!

I have a picture of 500 passengers with extended stay being in the buffet when the new passengers come aboard, and in the pool, and losing track of time and crew frantically searching to get them off the ship.

Disembarkation and embarkation are messy enough as it is, it seems to me this would just be asking for trouble.

Or am I missing something here?

And how do they regulate that?

I can see a lot of folks booking later flights if this became an option.

It's very easy to regulate really. You have to sign up for it and they will only sell a certain number of passes and then close it if it's popular. In all reality most folks will want to be away rather than hang around on the ship all day. It just works well if you don't have a wide choice of flight times and stuck with late flight.

It's very easy to regulate really. You have to sign up for it and they will only sell a certain number of passes and then close it if it's popular. In all reality most folks will want to be away rather than hang around on the ship all day. It just works well if you don't have a wide choice of flight times and stuck with late flight.

Phil is correct and to add to that in Florida departures many people live in Florida and just want to get to their cars and go home.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi, last October for the Summit repo cruise we had the extended stay deal. We kind of fell into and it worked out great. Our hotel was very close to Times Square. We drove to NYC and the deal also included parking at the hotel. We also got to see a Broadway Show with the deal. The room given to us was not a "prime" room but it was well worth the trip. I used Groupon for several of our meals and therefore saved even more money. Parking at the port was also included. We planned to just relax for the 2 days in NYC so just walked around Times Square and surrounding areas. Bryant Park was a lovely little rest stop.

It was not a nightmare but a truly great added bonus.

I would call Celebrity and see if it is a deal you can get by asking for it.

BTW, we again are on the Repo cruise but opted to stay a week in Puerto Rico instead of extending our cruise at the beginning.

Good luck

Edited by agargoyle
forgot something

agargoyle, you were on one of Celebrity's City Stay or Sea and Stay programs where you get booked into a hotel pre- or post-cruise.

the Extend Your Stay is a different program, where you can purchase a few extra hours on board the ship on disembarkation day on some European sailings.

Easy to see how they could all be confused, with ththe similarities in their names.

After reading all the comments I went back and re-read the original post...if I had processed it correctly then I would have realized what he was asking about and would not have commented.

Since we have been cruising most recently from New York and New Jersey with no flights involved or with charter busses picking us up, I have not investigated the "extended stay" option.

When we were on the repo cruise last year we booked a tour of the city through the cruise line and were dropped at the airport. Remember in PR all your baggage needs to go through the agricultural screening even before you get to the terminal.

Why not just exchange your luggage tags for the color that gets off last and leave with the last group?