Yacht Club: Family Friendly?

hunterjackson

I never complained about kids...ever. I was reporting what I saw first hand. People are so quick to judge and just have to remark for no good purpose.

So you would all have me cruise an old folks line? Ok count me out...happy?:cool:

You said it’s not suitable for families - this doesn’t sounds like a report, it sounds more like a judgement...

This makes me a bit nervous about MSC...thoughts?

As i´ve never been in the YC maybe I should not answer ;p

But is there anything in Italy that is not bambini-friendly? I doubt it. And MSC all the years followed the tradition, so I am sure the YC should make no difference.

But. It looks a little bit like the YC - thanks to the status match program - is now filled strongly with American guests which possibly changes the game a little bit.

Would love to see the statistics of nationalities on board compared to the YC figures.

Been on about 6 Yacht Club cruises and each and everyone had kids onboard - with no issue at all - I would say maybe 4/5 families max and I must say very well behaved. Yes you may get an unhappy baby from time to time but we were babies at one time ourselves - saw fantastic parenting - so really a mute point - the balance of ship is overrun by kids, so feel lucky that 1/You can afford to sail in YC and 2/That u even found a YC cabin - the space of the YC on seaside is soooo large I can’t see how anyone could complain about a few kids on board. Just enjoy the cruise or travel adults only,,,, YC will never change to adults only as Italians are totally 100% about family. So now you have your choice!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But. It looks a little bit like the YC - thanks to the status match program - is now filled strongly with American guests which possibly changes the game a little bit.

Only the US-based ships (Seaside, Divina) are filled strongly with Americans as far, as I can evaluate this situation. Generally the ratio of different nationalities depends strongly where the cruise starts from. So we had e.g. a cruise around the British islands starting from Hamburg with approximately 80 % Germans on board. When we are sailing in the Med you have quite a different mix out of Italians, French and some Spain passangers as well as other nationalities like Germany, Austria, Russia, etc.

I met people from the other side of the globe and I met people from the next city over when I sailed MSC. I found it to be a good mix of many nationalities, ethnicities, age groups, etc. I prefer the mix, actually. It makes it feel like I'm "going somewhere" even when just on a ship.

I never complained about kids...ever. I was reporting what I saw first hand. People are so quick to judge and just have to remark for no good purpose.

So you would all have me cruise an old folks line? Ok count me out...happy?:cool:

You wrote:

YC is not suitable for families and children, sorry but its for quiet, peace, reading and enjoying the live piano entertainment during high tea. We cruise during school times usually but we just returned, 1 child in YC and it was awkward for parents and preschooler.
Sure sounds like a complaint to me. You attribute purposes for Yacht Club that MSC never claimed. As several have mentioned, YOU don't get to set the parameters of what Yacht Club is for. It is suitable for families because they book families into it. I suspect any awkwardness on your recent trip was yours alone.

Personally I don't care where or how you vacation. And your assumption that adult only means an 'old folks line' is either ignorant of the vast array of adult only vacation options or just silly.

You wrote:

Sure sounds like a complaint to me. You attribute purposes for Yacht Club that MSC never claimed. As several have mentioned, YOU don't get to set the parameters of what Yacht Club is for. It is suitable for families because they book families into it. I suspect any awkwardness on your recent trip was yours alone.

Personally I don't care where or how you vacation. And your assumption that adult only means an 'old folks line' is either ignorant of the vast array of adult only vacation options or just silly.

Wow do you feel good about beating up an old lady? You added nothing positive or helpful to the conversation. You won’t stop me from posting information that I personally witnessed. Shame on you for being so rude to a stranger.

Wow do you feel good about beating up an old lady? You added nothing positive or helpful to the conversation. You won’t stop me from posting information that I personally witnessed. Shame on you for being so rude to a stranger.

No one knows what age anyone on this sight is. Playing the old card is a bit low. You were a bit rude too with your post. This post is about 2 years old and I said the same then as I do now, YC should welcome all both young and OLD.

I believe that some people read your post as if you were stating a fact "...YC is not suitable for families and children, sorry but its for quiet, peace, reading and enjoying the live piano entertainment during high tea..."

In your opinion, it isn't for children or at least some children (my kids loved watching the pianist and violinist on Seaside) but stating that it is not suitable for families comes off as you telling people with children to stay away from the Yacht Club or that it is not family friendly.

Nobody is "beating up an old lady" by simply disagreeing. You claim that others are "...so quick to judge..." but isn't that exactly what you did when you gave your opinion and stated that it was "awkward" for the family? You're perfectly free to express your opinion and others are free to post theirs and if they disagree with you, that's perfectly fine and isn't being "...so rude...".

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I believe that some people read your post as if you were stating a fact "...YC is not suitable for families and children, sorry but its for quiet, peace, reading and enjoying the live piano entertainment during high tea..."

In your opinion, it isn't for children or at least some children (my kids loved watching the pianist and violinist on Seaside) but stating that it is not suitable for families comes off as you telling people with children to stay away from the Yacht Club or that it is not family friendly.

Nobody is "beating up an old lady" by simply disagreeing. You claim that others are "...so quick to judge..." but isn't that exactly what you did when you gave your opinion and stated that it was "awkward" for the family? You're perfectly free to express your opinion and others are free to post theirs and if they disagree with you, that's perfectly fine and isn't being "...so rude...".

Exactly. Thanks for expressing it so well.

My personal opinion is the YC should be adults only, I know I here flack regarding this but all the activities for kids are located on the other deck's where there are more children. If I were a child were there is primary adults I would be bored to death.

I totally agree with this and I would pay the extra.

Just to let all who are concerned about children being booked in the yatch club, we are booked with kids on Bellissima May 26th 2019 out of Genoa. Mine don't usually splash but I do, and if you appear to be annoyed and permanently grumpy my husband will start splashing too! We just want everyone to have fun and if you are around us you will eventually start splashing as well!

Anyway just wanted to give everyone a heads up that week there will be children staying in the yatch club. This should give everyone plenty of time to plan accordingly.

Just to let all who are concerned about children being booked in the yatch club, we are booked with kids on Bellissima May 26th 2019 out of Genoa. Mine don't usually splash but I do, and if you appear to be annoyed and permanently grumpy my husband will start splashing too! We just want everyone to have fun and if you are around us you will eventually start splashing as well!

Anyway just wanted to give everyone a heads up that week there will be children staying in the yatch club. This should give everyone plenty of time to plan accordingly.

Please know this is a joke.

My singing is worse than your splashing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums