Princess does read our comments!

caber

I don't imagine that everyone at Princess is hanging out on this board the way that we do ;), but we have been told that someone prepares a weekly summary of the key points raised on both Princess and Cunard Cruise Critic boards and sends it to management (senior? I don't know about that), and to the senior officers on the ships.

I am a breast cancer survivor, and I will NOT donate to the rah, rah, rah, Susan G Komen, where only a very small portion helps breast cancer women and MEN.

I donate to breast cancer research.

Your words exactly fit my profile and donation choice. Thank you for being bold enough to write it. That being said, I empathize with whatever way a cancer survivor deals with the whole scenario. But I don't want to be confronted by any charitable causes while on a cruise. I give generously at home but look forward to a cruise as a time of total escape.

So.... consider that prospective. And maybe it's easier to understand why not everyone in the cruise industry has the greatest opinion of CC and its posters.

If you do not use your real name which CC management tells you not to, how does anyone in the cruise industry know who you are? I've never told anyone on any cruise what my CC screen name is nor will I ever. I've only been to one meet and greet and still no one knew my real life name or my screen name,when asked I refused to give it.

I am a breast cancer survivor, and I will NOT donate to the rah, rah, rah, Susan G Komen, where only a very small portion helps breast cancer women and MEN.

I agree with you 100%. There's a couple of other reasons why I don't donate to that cause. My sister died of breast cancer, my good friend just died with breast cancer, and like you I donate money to research and not into big salaried executives.

Still better than the charity program on Royal Caribbean.

They use the walk to collect donations for the Make-A-Wish Foundation for the purpose of filling wishes for a cruise on Royal Caribbean.

We are just off Regal and wanted to reply to a few of the posts I have been reading about recently.

We had lunch with the staff captain and he is up to date with all the posts. We discussed the thread about the Patters and I can tell you that we had the Patter delivered to our cabin every evening

Now if they would just return the printed TV Guide and enforce the "Chair Hog" rules.

Amen to that!!!!!

My daughter is a breast cancer survivor and I stopped giving to them when I discovered that the money was going to many other things. Give money for research is the way to go.

Not only do they read CC (and other sites)- the follow "live froms". I have had CD's and Captains comment on my "live froms"... While I am on the ship and the "live from" is in process...

:eek:

In that case they'll know who I am and that I've held my tongue about a dreadful cruise situation. Do you think they'll compensate us on our next Princess cruise? Doubt it.

If you do not use your real name which CC management tells you not to, how does anyone in the cruise industry know who you are? I've never told anyone on any cruise what my CC screen name is nor will I ever. I've only been to one meet and greet and still no one knew my real life name or my screen name,when asked I refused to give it.

The issue isn't an individual's identity but rather the topics of posts in general.

Consider those in CCL and/or Princess who are in Marketing and Reservations after announcing a sale with large OBC offers.

At first they may feel consoled to hear posters talking up the offer and spreading details of the sale, as they see booking pace accelerate, as intended. But how do you think they feel when they start reading posts for others explaining how to convert that non-refundable OBC into cash to take home or offset their fare? That wasn't the intention of the offer, and someone who's found a way to exploit the system is now broadcasting the loophole in this public forum for others to follow. There's always going to be one or two crafty people that will figure out some loophole. And if it's just one or two, it can be overlooked. But when a large number follow a public posting and do the same, now it's financially painful, and needs an effort and expenditure of financial resources to figure out how to close the loophole and stop the bleeding. Again, if CC didn't exist, the crafty person would have still done it, but there wouldn't be the CC public forum to spread that word, thereby squashing the arguement that the line should be thankful to CC since its postings helped bring the loophole to their attention.

In 2014, when Princess was forced to discount and offer OBC there were actually some who bragged, that through stacking various OBC and cashing out they took home cash equal to or exceeding what they paid for the cruise. How pleased would you be if you worked for the line or at corporate and were reading this?

It really didn't matter exactly WHO the individual was. Instead it was about the practice that others (many) COULD do.

Take another recent thread where the OP talked as if the conditions on Emerald Princess were the end of the world. At first reading, it sounded pretty bad... and would warrant checking in with Consumer Relations to see if there was an up-tick in complaints post cruise. UNLESS you kept reading the thread until a suite guest piped in and painted a completely different picture. I think the suite guest's post contradicted the OP and would allow anyone in customer service to draw a conclusion that the OP was just angry that they had to wait for ATD at a peak dining time on a peak cruise. All the other details were most likely embellishments to increase the drama.

It reminds me of my favorite laugh out loud TripAdvisor review of a hotel in Costa Rica: with outrage the poster stated: There were ANTS in my room!! And all they did was come with a can of bug spray.

Come on! It's a RAINFOREST! Be lucky that it was only ants. And of course the ENTIRE stay was terrible, nothing was right.

So how much do you think Princess or anyone at CCL really cares to read these exaggerated posts?

And those who think "They LOVE us at CC. Why do you think they always throw us a Meet & Greet?" I personally think it's because they would HATE all the posts and bad will on here if they were to discontinue them.

Remember, it's less painful to just smile big and wave at that neighbor you just can't stand.

The issue isn't an individual's identity but rather the topics of posts in general.

Consider those in CCL and/or Princess who are in Marketing and Reservations after announcing a sale with large OBC offers.

At first they may feel consoled to hear posters talking up the offer and spreading details of the sale, as they see booking pace accelerate, as intended. But how do you think they feel when they start reading posts for others explaining how to convert that non-refundable OBC into cash to take home or offset their fare? That wasn't the intention of the offer, and someone who's found a way to exploit the system is now broadcasting the loophole in this public forum for others to follow. There's always going to be one or two crafty people that will figure out some loophole. And if it's just one or two, it can be overlooked. But when a large number follow a public posting and do the same, now it's financially painful, and needs an effort and expenditure of financial resources to figure out how to close the loophole and stop the bleeding. Again, if CC didn't exist, the crafty person would have still done it, but there wouldn't be the CC public forum to spread that word, thereby squashing the arguement that the line should be thankful to CC since its postings helped bring the loophole to their attention.

In 2014, when Princess was forced to discount and offer OBC there were actually some who bragged, that through stacking various OBC and cashing out they took home cash equal to or exceeding what they paid for the cruise. How pleased would you be if you worked for the line or at corporate and were reading this?

It really didn't matter exactly WHO the individual was. Instead it was about the practice that others (many) COULD do.

Take another recent thread where the OP talked as if the conditions on Emerald Princess were the end of the world. At first reading, it sounded pretty bad... and would warrant checking in with Consumer Relations to see if there was an up-tick in complaints post cruise. UNLESS you kept reading the thread until a suite guest piped in and painted a completely different picture. I think the suite guest's post contradicted the OP and would allow anyone in customer service to draw a conclusion that the OP was just angry that they had to wait for ATD at a peak dining time on a peak cruise. All the other details were most likely embellishments to increase the drama.

It reminds me of my favorite laugh out loud TripAdvisor review of a hotel in Costa Rica: with outrage the poster stated: There were ANTS in my room!! And all they did was come with a can of bug spray.

Come on! It's a RAINFOREST! Be lucky that it was only ants. And of course the ENTIRE stay was terrible, nothing was right.

So how much do you think Princess or anyone at CCL really cares to read these exaggerated posts?

And those who think "They LOVE us at CC. Why do you think they always throw us a Meet & Greet?" I personally think it's because they would HATE all the posts and bad will on here if they were to discontinue them.

Remember, it's less painful to just smile big and wave at that neighbor you just can't stand.

In a nutshell .Well to the point........Heather:D

Spot on. The cruise where a senior officer said to me, "Oh no, you're not one of THEM, are you?" was the cruise when I was no longer sure I wanted to be one of 'them'. Of course they read- it's the free-est, easiest customer feedback known to man- but I believe that, on the ships, we are tolerated more than celebrated.

...The cruise where a senior officer said to me, "Oh no, you're not one of THEM, are you?" was the cruise when I was no longer sure I wanted to be one of 'them'...

I was on a Celebrity cruise once, and I casually mentioned to the CD that I was a Cruise Critic member. His eyes got wider, and he then asked what my screen name was. My guess is that he wanted to check to see if I was doing a "live from" review, but who knows.

I've never mentioned CC on a cruise after that.

Spot on. The cruise where a senior officer said to me, "Oh no, you're not one of THEM, are you?" was the cruise when I was no longer sure I wanted to be one of 'them'. Of course they read- it's the free-est, easiest customer feedback known to man- but I believe that, on the ships, we are tolerated more than celebrated.

. :D I think you are quite right about that -- tolerated more than celebrated!

LuLu

That's funny! I don't think anyone has ever asked me if I'm a CC member. I don't think I've ever asked anyone either. The only exceptions would be roll call things, but I don't attend those as a rule. Now, I have recognized some people on cruises from their avatar pictures, but I haven't spoken to them about it.

That's funny! I don't think anyone has ever asked me if I'm a CC member. I don't think I've ever asked anyone either. The only exceptions would be roll call things, but I don't attend those as a rule. Now, I have recognized some people on cruises from their avatar pictures, but I haven't spoken to them about it.

I have recognized a couple of people that way.

Have you seen BM's avatar? :rolleyes:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I always feel sorry for the Officers forced to go to these meet and greats like they are not busy enough. Then the questions for the officers start and I slink out of the M&G in sheer horror of the content.

I always feel sorry for the Officers forced to go to these meet and greats like they are not busy enough. Then the questions for the officers start and I slink out of the M&G in sheer horror of the content.

Especially when the questions become openly hostile and critical.

What really finished it for me was the time, three winters ago, when someone came on Cruise Critic all upset because the ship's captain had not attended their Meet and Greet. They raised such a stink about it that Captain Nash's wife (who at least then read here) told him he needed to get to every Meet and Greet. Honestly, I was embarrassed for all of us.

Cruise Critic members are no more special than any other passenger on the ship. Elites are no more special than any other passenger in the ship. MTP's are no more special than any other passenger on the ship.