Ads on Cruise critic HELP

Can someone help me with the ads that run on the side of the cruise critic site??

I use a regular laptop. Not sure if CC changed something or maybe its a laptop problem. But it only happens on this site. And its always Tim Hortans!!

It doesn't always come up, but about 50% of the time I click on a thread and the commercial/sound starts in. No way to end or exit the commercial. Only thing I can do is hit the refresh button. Most times that takes care of is, but sometimes not.

Really getting frustrated, and starting to stay off this site just because its so annoying.

Anyone else have this problem????

Can someone help me with the ads that run on the side of the cruise critic site??

I use a regular laptop. Not sure if CC changed something or maybe its a laptop problem. But it only happens on this site. And its always Tim Hortans!!

It doesn't always come up, but about 50% of the time I click on a thread and the commercial/sound starts in. No way to end or exit the commercial. Only thing I can do is hit the refresh button. Most times that takes care of is, but sometimes not.

Really getting frustrated, and starting to stay off this site just because its so annoying.

You are most likely, accidentally, moving your mouse over the ad to activate the video. I hated those ads too and now use an adblocker to block them.

You are most likely, accidentally, moving your mouse over the ad to activate the video. I hated those ads too and now use an adblocker to block them.

A couple of months ago this was a problem for me too along with other's only on CC...I downloaded the adblocker + and those problems went away ;):)

So why only this site???

And I watched and i keep my mouse in the middle, no where close to ads.

Very frustrating

It is only this site because this site allows ads with videos, where other sites don't. Clear your cache and cookies then install an adblocker. Works great for me. Only issue is some sites require you to allow ads if you want to use their site. You can give permission for ads on those sites alone so you can use them. You will see what I am talking about once you install an adblocker, sites that require ads will give you a message as you open them.

I dumped Adblock Plus when they started allowing certain ads. I picked up uBlock Original and it works great.

I dumped Adblock Plus when they started allowing certain ads. I picked up uBlock Original and it works great.

The only problem I'm having with adblock + is viewing Pdf's on my Google Chrome email.... any idea if uBlock Original would too:confused:

There is a checkbox to fix disable that. The problem is, it also disables Google AdWords, etc. Some non-obtrusive advertising isn't necessarily a bad thing and can be valuable.

The only problem I'm having with adblock + is viewing Pdf's on my Google Chrome email.... any idea if uBlock Original would too:confused:

I dumped them more out of principle than performance. I haven't experienced a problem with emailed .pdf's using uBlock but I never experienced that with Adblocker either.

I dumped them more out of principle than performance. I haven't experienced a problem with emailed .pdf's using uBlock but I never experienced that with Adblocker either.

Thanks..I'm not sure why I'm having this problem...I didn't until I got AdBlock +...but it seems if there's a problem to be had...I'll have it :eek: