Deck 3 or Deck 7 on Summit?

tybeelucy2

This is only our second cruise on Celebrity. Our assigned cabin is on Deck 3, another couple we are going with has been assigned a cabin on Deck 7 (we both booked ocean view guaranty cabins). It seems like it would be better being higher up- closer to everything and a better view- what do you think? Should I try and get moved up to Deck 7?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

EDIT: So it doesn't really seem to be "closer to everything" as there's a lot on deck 3- guest relations, Tuscan Grille, shore excursions, conference center, etc- so I'm wondering if it's just the view worth moving up to 7 if possible. It looks like our cabin is directly under the restrooms on deck 4 next to Michael's club and there's a lot on deck 4, so maybe it's worth moving up to be away from all the activity.

Edited by tybeelucy2

This is only our second cruise on Celebrity. Our assigned cabin is on Deck 3, another couple we are going with has been assigned a cabin on Deck 7 (we both booked ocean view guaranty cabins). It seems like it would be better being higher up- closer to everything and a better view- what do you think? Should I try and get moved up to Deck 7?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

EDIT: So it doesn't really seem to be "closer to everything" as there's a lot on deck 3- guest relations, Tuscan Grille, shore excursions, conference center, etc- so I'm wondering if it's just the view worth moving up to 7 if possible. It looks like our cabin is directly under the restrooms on deck 4 next to Michael's club and there's a lot on deck 4, so maybe it's worth moving up to be away from all the activity.

If you are booked as a "guaranty" and assigned a cabin, you can only move/change staterooms if they are within the exact same category.

Yes, higher tends to be better but you didn't mention where or when you're sailing.

If it's in rougher waters stay away from the bow and lower may be a bit less motion....

Dec 2016, sailing from San Juan Southern Caribbean. Hope it's not too rough around then, but I'm not sure.

Dec 2016, sailing from San Juan Southern Caribbean. Hope it's not too rough around then, but I'm not sure.

No too bad usually, you're not likely to feel anything, (especially if you have a drink package :p )

We have stayed on Deck 3 on the Constellation(sister ship), and IMO, it is a great location. One floor up to Martini Bar, theatre, dining room, two floors up to Cafe Al Bacio. You get the idea! Have a great cruise. We just got off the Summit on Sunday.

If you are booked as a "guaranty" and assigned a cabin, you can only move/change staterooms if they are within the exact same category.

My receipt shows an 08 category, but the deck plan shows 08 only on deck 2, but we are assigned to deck 3. My friend is an 08 also, and is on deck 7. Which is confusing to me.

My receipt shows an 08 category, but the deck plan shows 08 only on deck 2, but we are assigned to deck 3. My friend is an 08 also, and is on deck 7. Which is confusing to me.

Look on the Deck Plan, and see what color/category you were ASSIGNED. This is the category in which you may only change rooms within. I hope this helps.

The only OV staterooms being offered on your sailing are Guarantees. Unless some actual stateroom numbers become open for your Category, you're pretty much stuck where you are.

I'm assuming you got the free beverage package that they are offering for OV's, so I would recommend you spend most of your time at the Sunset Bar. :D

If you are assigned a stateroom where you mentioned, it's a Category 6. You can only move to another category 6 for free if one becomes available. Your only option would be to pay any additional to upgrade.

I was on deck 3 in March '15 and loved the location. I was more midship in the newer Oceanview rooms by the Conference Center. It was nice since when you came back from being in Port you didn't have to wait for the elevator as it was a quick 2 flights up to your room. Same for going to the Martini Bar, Cafe el Bacio, MDR, Rendezous Lounge.

If I was to do an oceanview again I wouldn't hesitate to pick a room on deck 3 (especially if I could get the newer ones w/ the bigger window)

The only OV staterooms being offered on your sailing are Guarantees. Unless some actual stateroom numbers become open for your Category, you're pretty much stuck where you are.

I'm assuming you got the free beverage package that they are offering for OV's, so I would recommend you spend most of your time at the Sunset Bar. :D

You are very wise, we did get the free beverage package :) Is there a Sunset Bar on this ship? I'm not seeing it on the deck plans. That was my favorite place on the Reflection.

Category 7 & 8 Ocean View staterooms are all down in Deck 2. Deck 3 Ocean Views are Category 6. Deck 7 OV's are all the way forward and are category 4.

That's what I understand from the deck plan, but both us and our friends had an 08 but neither of us landed on deck 2, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

That's what I understand from the deck plan, but both us and our friends had an 08 but neither of us landed on deck 2, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Okay, that is strange.

Deck 3 is great, we have stayed on it 3 times and love it. Deck 7 the only OV are all the way forward and I would not want to stay that far forward.

You are very wise, we did get the free beverage package :) Is there a Sunset Bar on this ship? I'm not seeing it on the deck plans. That was my favorite place on the Reflection.

They call it the Oceanview or Sunset Bar on Deck 10, but it's the best place to get a cocktail.

I love both these decks for different reasons.

Deck 3 as its near embarkation deck and when returning you don't have to wait in the queue for the lift, you just walk up the stairs. Less movement espically if your mid ship.

Deck 7 if I gave a balcony as the views are interrupted.

As you have an oceanview I would keep your cabin on deck 3.

I love both these decks for different reasons.

Deck 3 as its near embarkation deck and when returning you don't have to wait in the queue for the lift, you just walk up the stairs. Less movement espically if your mid ship.

Deck 7 if I gave a balcony as the views are interrupted.

As you have an oceanview I would keep your cabin on deck 3.

That's a great point. We have five ports so we will be getting off and on a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're recently back from a Bermuda trip and we were in the same area on deck 3. This was our second time in the exact same area on Summit. We really enjoyed this area. We had very little foot traffic past our room. There was little to no noise. It was close to the theater which we liked and didn't feel like it took long to get anywhere.

Edit : As for the view.... If you're going from an Oceanview on deck 3 to a veranda on 7 then the view is obviously different. But it also depends if you spend a lot of time on the veranda. We had a veranda on 7 one year and loved it but since then we've had oceanview rooms and we always go up on the top deck to get the best view.

Edited by Rhayne