Cartagena Private Tours

We will be in Cartagena, Columbia November 2016 and understand the cruise port is in an "edgy" industrial area some distance from the old town (too far to walk).

We would like to find a private tour (maximum of 10 guests) for 3-5 hours. Do such tours pick-up cruise passenger at the port (inside or outside the "gate") and are the tour guests dropped off at or outside the gate?

Any suggestions on local tour providers we may consider would be appreciated. We'd like to learn of the history and culture of the area rather than visit beaches, water sports and bars. Thanks for any comments.

We will be in Cartagena, Columbia November 2016 and understand the cruise port is in an "edgy" industrial area some distance from the old town (too far to walk).

We would like to find a private tour (maximum of 10 guests) for 3-5 hours. Do such tours pick-up cruise passenger at the port (inside or outside the "gate") and are the tour guests dropped off at or outside the gate?

Any suggestions on local tour providers we may consider would be appreciated. We'd like to learn of the history and culture of the area rather than visit beaches, water sports and bars. Thanks for any comments.

Cartagena is incredible and you do need transport to get from here to there.

we used Marelvy (tourincartagena) and I was very pleased. She knows the history and our time there was wonderful! I posted on my live thread at the time as well.

They do meet you at the port. Her rep met us and we walked to the Tourist Centre (which is very nice) to meet her with her van. It is a bit of a walk.

They can only bring the van to the parking lot.

Word of caution. GrayLine tour guide on a HAL tour in Cartegena offered the "same shopper guarantee" as HAL offers, if a shop displayed Gray Line logo. Ha.

When my Cartegena "certified" emerald fell out of its pendent casing soon after, and I called to take advantage of my shopper guarantee neither Grey Line nor HAL knew anything about this.

Since I am going back to Cartegena I feel like taking my repair bill to the original shop and asking for a refund. :mad: I am just lucky it fell out when I could still find it. It was virtually an "unset stone" - maybe they do that intentionally for customs reasons. So caution with that too.

We arranged our tour with Mr. Emerald approximately 18 months ago. It was a wonderful tour, tailored to what we wanted to see and do, and all six of us were very happy with the tour and the price.

Best regards,

Priscilla

We used Dora De Zubiria and she was fabulous. Pick up and dropoff was at the port.

The email is dora@cartagenatour.com

Take a look at the reviews on tripadvisor. That's how we found her and it was a truly wonderful day.

Helen

I too vote for Dora One of the best tours I have done. She was professional and provided a great tour.

Segway! It was awesome.

Hello Dawn, I was very excited to see your brief post about a

Segway tour in Cartagena! We took a Segway tour in San Diego years ago, loved, loved, loved Segway!

How long was your ship in port? Which tour did you do?

Our ship is in port from 7am to 1pm. We are thinking about the 8am, 70 min tour and to get us back by 11am. But are concerned we only have limited time to spend in port.

Did you use the pre-arranged pick up service or your own taxi?

Any additional hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sweetp.

Edited by SweetP2