Carnival is cutting back so much

esper10

Great find, Bookbug53!

For those that didn't click on the link the first time; please do. There are only 2 posts by OP and absolutely no followup posts.....

For those that posted you should do your research before your cruise, you are right. Don't mean to be critical; but OP has set herself up with this one.

She did the same ship LAST YEAR. She didn't do her research for THAT cruise. The complaints were very similar to the ones this year. How can you forget so much about a ship you were just on?

There was also a complaint last year about the change from Past Guest Party only being for Platinum and above. Further proof she didn't research last year.

It seems like someone trying to stir the pot to me.

With all the responses this year - it seems to be working. LOL

OMG, this is seriously hysterical. I can think of no other reason for the original post but to stir the pot. :::::shaking my head:::: and LOL

Anyone notice OP hasn't been back to offer any comments?

Her post last year was title "Just returned from the Carnival Miracle". It had a total of 2 posts; both by OP. Yesterday, it had less than 800 views. Because of this thread; it's now up to 900.

But, with most of the same complaints, and a new title of "Carnival is cutting back so much" - in 36 hours - we're up to 76 posts and over 4600 views.

Still looks like someone successfully stirring the pot to me. LOL

Well played, OP, well played. :D

Edited by CruzinScotty

We had our first cruise in 2011 and we felt like the free food has improved since. The pizza is waaaay better IMHO, they have added guys, and the blue iguana. Maybe just try a ship with the 2.0 upgrades. I won't sail on one without them because I am a foodie.

Edited by smyliecruising

These are not "cut backs". The Miracle has never had the Mongolian wok or the rotisserie chicken. It appears that you booked a cruise and did no research about what food choices were available on a ship that was new to you!

You are probably used to the larger ships that have totally different entertainment/food/ and music.

Researching before a cruise is a great idea!

Hi

Which ships have the rotisserie chicken and the Mongolian wok?

All major cruise lines have had cutbacks over the past few years. Not one of them is like it was the first or second time I sailed on them.

And I agree w/ the person who said the cutbacks will continue until the bookings drop off. And it will happen at some point.

On Carnival anyways.

I challenge you to do a search in any mass market cruise line forum here using the word "cutbacks" and come back with the results :) Same complaints across the board. They are all in a race to the bottom to see how much they can cut before it effects the bottom line. Thats just the truth.

In the two cruise lines I have experience with, I actually think Carnival provides more for less.

Edited by ryano

I challenge you to do a search in any mass market cruise line forum here using the word "cutbacks" and come back with the results :) Same complaints across the board. They are all in a race to the bottom to see how much they can cut before it effects the bottom line. Thats just the truth.

In the two cruise lines I have experience with, I actually think Carnival provides more for less.

I agree, but the same old bashers will continue to throw their hook line and sinker statements...... they always do.

Why do people think cut backs are exclusive to cruise lines? In this day and age companies like to cut fat to provide a good product but at maximum margin.

Carnival still provides a TON of options at prices lower than they were in the past. I drive a nice car (Lexus) but I even notice they are cutting corners (more plastic trim, pleather instead of real leather, lower end speakers, weaker power-trains, I could go on) yet still charge a premium, yet Toyota makes the same "cuts" to their Toyota branded cars so the experience is still "higher end".

It's a way of life...restaurants, home builders, software makers, HOTELS, etc etc.....

Every cruise line has but back, including the high-end brands. Crystal? They might have luxury ships, but they are BIGGER than they used to be...why? To maximize revenue. Carnival cuts out fat where they can (chocolates on pillow or charge for Guy's...which would you rather have, NOT both if it saves them 100,000k a year).

Didn't anyone ever see the study where American Airlines removed a single olive from their salads saving $40,000 in 1987? Or Northwest, who cut their limes into smaller slices saved 50k???

More examples of SMALL things that make a HUGE difference:

At the American Standard plant in Tyler, Texas, it's the doormats in the entryways — now they just get vacuumed instead of sent out for cleaning — and that saves the company $70,000 a year.

The recession of the last decade completely scared companies. In the 80s and 90s, booms were always met with declines but those declines were manageable. The most recent decline was so bad that companies realized they have to plan long term..meaning not throwing a bunch of perks back out when things are "good" but preparing and trying to save for when the times are terrible. It sucks but that is how the world is now.

The minute Carnival truly goes too far, they will realize it and their bookings will drop. But everyone wants things cheaper these days. Remember when computers used to be $1500 to $2000 for a BASIC computer? Know why your tech support SUCKS now? They removed that from the bundled cost (except Apple, but guess what, they are much more expensive than your $300 laptop...). Dell had this problem for a while, cut too many corners and your reputation goes down, HP even worse! They had to start bringing back quality hardware and raise their prices...now people who wanted "budget" had to go back to no-name, budget brands.

Edited by JMKreno

Not me I actually get better deals on NCL even when paying the tips for the FREE CHEERS package

If the cost was 5-10 % more on NCL I would still sail NCL

It amazes me to see all over the internet how BAD the dinner in the MDR is and they still sail CCL

I guess people have differing opinions about food. We thought the food on NCL was worse than the food on Carnival. We felt the food on RCCL was better than the food on Carnival. That being said, food plays on a small part in our enjoyment of the cruise. The ports and the many different activities at the ports are the main focus of our cruises.

I guess people have differing opinions about food. .

Food is the most subjective topic discussed on these forums IMO ;) Just to show you, I think Carnival absolutely blows Royal away in the food department in all aspects including their steakhouse.

I must be easy to please. I find the food on Carnival to be wonderful. In fact I think it's better now than when I started cruising (which isn't a lot, but still).

The Lido deck food is vastly improved over what was on my first cruise.

The addition of Blue Iguana cantina to me made everything so right (for me) that I cannot complain.

We had our first cruise in 2011 and we felt like the free food has improved since. The pizza is waaaay better IMHO, they have added guys, and the blue iguana. Maybe just try a ship with the 2.0 upgrades. I won't sail on one without them because I am a foodie.

This is how we feel, and we also prefer the new American Table menu (more seafood and the items we get seem better quality).

It's a damn conspiracy. Everyone is out to get you. ;)

Carnival yes, I am just the bonus. Actually makes my day when they call my name over on the dark side site.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

I think this is a true statement. However, I don't believe any are in a rush to get to picnic tables and brown bag meal with all entertainment being passenger supplied. Only one.

Yes, there have been changes that have resulted in cuts to some things. But there have also been many additions. Not just Upcharge items either. Comparing our recent Magic Cruise to my first one on the Imagination in 1999, we now have the following at no extra charge: more comfortable beds and bedding; specialty eateries including Guys, Blue Iguana, Mongolian Wok, Barbecue; Sea Day brunch; serenity deck; comedy club; your time dining option . . . to name a few.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The whiners and complainers should either try other cruise lines and see if that's better for you. Or take a all inclusive land vacation. But Oh wait then you'd complain it's to expensive 😂😂😂

The whiners and complainers should either try other cruise lines and see if that's better for you. Or take a all inclusive land vacation. But Oh wait then you'd complain it's to expensive 😂😂😂

The hallmark call by anyone who is programmed to accept less and less in life.

Probably, but perhaps they are too lazy and/or cheap. :p