Launderette/Self service laundry on Freedom of the Seas

dosi58

Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows if there is a launderette on deck 6 or 7? If so near which cabins?

Also, do they have soap and softener for purchase? Paid with money or sailing card?

BTW,is there any "laundry specials" during the cruise ?

Thanks for the info :)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows if there is a launderette on deck 6 or 7? If so near which cabins?

Also, do they have soap and softener for purchase? Paid with money or sailing card?

BTW,is there any "laundry specials" during the cruise ?

Thanks for the info :)

Laundry service fees are listed at the end of the documents linked by this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49955343#post49955343

This is Royal Caribbean . . . . . . they don't let you do your own laundry - way too easy for us and non profit making for them !

They do it for you and charge you hefty prices for the privelidge :(

Actually, other than underwear/socks, etc., which can be done in the mid cruise special bag, or washed in the bathroom, prices are less than I pay at home, especially for dry cleaning or men's dress shirts. Don't consider the prices hefty.

Grandma Dazzles :

"Actually, other than underwear/socks, etc., which can be done in the mid cruise special bag, or washed in the bathroom, prices are less than I pay at home, especially for dry cleaning or men's dress shirts. Don't consider the prices hefty."

I hear ya, but disagree :)

Edited by Tarnished45

I wash items in the shower with me - the liquid soap in the dispenser is quite adequate for cleaning clothes. I rinse them out and then hang them up - get ready - in the closet. Seriously, they dry super quick in there. Must be good air flow, plus our unmentionables are out of sight. ;):D

We did 12 nights, if you include our 7-night cruise and pre and post cruise nights. We didn't have a problem and we were in clean clothes the entire trip. We pack very good and we washed out a few pieces of underwear in the shower, then hung them on the line in the shower. We also used the wash 'n fold bag during the cruise and sent a couple of "favorites" to the laundry. I hate doing laundry during vacation so I LOVE not having the temptation of self-service laundry while on the cruise. The prices are really very reasonable...certainly much cheaper than paying for add'l luggage fees.

I wash items in the shower with me - the liquid soap in the dispenser is quite adequate for cleaning clothes. I rinse them out and then hang them up - get ready - in the closet. Seriously, they dry super quick in there. Must be good air flow, plus our unmentionables are out of sight. ;):D

Nice tip for long trips.

In the same space they can put cabins. Most people have zero desire to do any domestic chores while on vacation

Just because you are on a ship does mean you cannot spend a 1/2 hour of the week washing clothes.

It is not like you cannot do anything practical the entire week..

I'll be on two ships the entire month of October and four days into November....would like to wash a load or two in a regular washing machine, but I also wash out things in the sink and shower. I hang them over the desk while I'm sleeping, and then in the closet out of the way until they dry completely. They definitely dry quicker out in the cabin than in the bathroom.:) I guess there is much more air circulating in the room.

We have seen clothes hanging on Boardwalk view balconies on Oasis and Allure and ocean view balconies on other ships while docked.

I'll be on two ships the entire month of October and four days into November....would like to wash a load or two in a regular washing machine, but I also wash out things in the sink and shower. I hang them over the desk while I'm sleeping, and then in the closet out of the way until they dry completely. They definitely dry quicker out in the cabin than in the bathroom.:) I guess there is much more air circulating in the room.

We have seen clothes hanging on Boardwalk view balconies on Oasis and Allure and ocean view balconies on other ships while docked.

If you roll the garment in a bath towel and then walk on it, you get the vast majority of the moisture out. Hang up the item on a hanger and then put the hanger on something that sticks out: The bathroom door, the balcony door handle, a lighting fixture, etc.

Works for me every time!

Hanging shirts and Tees on inflatable clothes hangers dries them very quickly as the air circulates inside the garment. On the Allure, there are perforations in the ceiling in the sitting area. I popped the hooks through the holes - took no time at all to dry.

If you roll the garment in a bath towel and then walk on it, you get the vast majority of the moisture out. Hang up the item on a hanger and then put the hanger on something that sticks out: The bathroom door, the balcony door handle, a lighting fixture, etc.

Works for me every time!

Yes, I do use the towel rolling, but never walked on it. I'll try that next time. Thanks.:)

Works for me every time!

I'll try that next time. Thanks.