Going solo on Princess

Muscovites

Yes it is easy to travel solo on Princess and they will look after you. Anytime dining is great because you can be on tables with other solos and passengers. Royal Caribbean is the worst for solos as you are pretty much shafted to a single table in the dining room.

You will still get upgrade offers and all the loyalty benefits that a couple would get. I think Princess is great for solo travelers.

I will be going on my 3rd solo Princess cruise in October. Like the other poster, I like anytime dining so I can decide when to go to dinner and to share a table. Many times I keep getting seated with the same people if we tend to go to the dining room around the same time. On sea days I like to go the dining room for breakfast and lunch as I am not a buffet fan.

This upcoming cruise has many sea days so I am bringing my iPad, books and craft projects. I have no problem being by myself. If I feel like company, there should be many activities during the day or I can get a cup of tea in International Café and people watch.

On the upcoming cruise I am doing a mix of ships excursions, our roll call excursions and on my own.

The only think I dislike is the high single supplement :mad:

Enjoy your cruise.

Good morning Isobel

I had a wonderful solo cruise for 28 days late last year.I was on the Crown.

I always felt that if I needed some assistance that it was at hand but I could enjoy my solo experience.

I was active on my roll call and had contacts for the cruise even before we boarded. I booked some excursions with them and participated in activities like Slot pull and Cabin Crawl. I also enjoyed ship activities and spent time with a wonderful group of needle artists.

I was upgraded from my original cabin and I hope that happens on my next cruise! It is for 36 days. My cabin steward was excellent and very helpful as was all the Princess crew.

BTW I travel with a scooter, walker and cane. I swam with the rays and had lunch on a private island. If I can do it so can you. You can be as busy or quiet as you like.

Enjoy every minute of your cruise!

Happy cruising to all

6boysnana

I think this will be my 24th time traveling solo with Princess.

Am a chatty person:D Love to have my coffee in the International Cafe sit with different folks each time ,many enjoy this......a few have straight faces so i know they are a do not disturb table :D;) We are all a very happy cruise family on board.Have traditional dining on a large table and we all discuss are different daily adventures at that time.breakfast and lunch like to sit solo on sea days.........Being solo we have the best of both worlds,enjoy.:D:D...Kruisey.

I always cruise solo and my experiences with the various Princess ships have been way above the other lines' ships I've been on.

I always get Anytime Dining, but unlike the other posters, I almost always eat by myself, on a "two-top" table. I'm an admitted introvert and I take my iPad with me to all meals. I totally enjoy sitting there by myself, reading and going over that day's activities as well as the next day's.

I will also eat a good number of my dinners in the Horizon Court - the buffet.

Edited by Treven
  • Like 1

Hi Isobel, I've done the Hawaii cruise from SF as a solo and absolutely loved it. I joined the ukulele class and had a blast learning to play. Actually bought my own instrument at a music shop in Honolulu.

Unlike the OP's, I did early TD and had wonderful table mates. I did eat a few meals alone in the CG reading my book, leisurely dining, and a bottle of wine. I am a knitter so I attended the knitting group every day and meet some great solo travelers there also.

I think you will have a great time, especially that particular itinerary.

Yes, many times. I have done the Hawaii cruise from LA three times solo. It's so nice. I'll likely do it again someday. I'm not sure which cultural ambassadors will be on your cruise, but there are usually ukelele classes, hula classes, lei making, etc. You can join in as much or as little as you want. There are usually some very good lectures as well as the typical trivia, bingo and games. I, too, usually do anytime dining, but I'm just as happy going to the buffet in the evening. I read a lot and catch up on movies. I take some crafts with me. Princess has always treated me well. You'll have a good time.

Actually much easier than cruising with someone else. You do what you want to do when you want to do it. I generally do traditional dining at a large table, but if you do this and the other guests are not your type of people, see the Maitre d and ask for a change of table. I once sat at a table of not very nice people who excluded me from every conversation. I did this for 15 nights before I realised this was not how my cruise should be. I know I'm a slow learner. Moved to a table of happy chatty people, much better.

Talk and smile to everyone, enjoy your me time and have a wonderful cruise.

I would cruise solo all the time except for that dreaded single supplement

Hi there

Has anyone been on a solo cruise with Princess? I am particularly interested in cruising from San Francisco /los Angeles on a 14/15 night trip to Hawaii. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Isobel

Just go and enjoy it.

I've done a few solo cruises with Princess and frankly, the hardest thing I encountered was trying to zip up my formal dress by myself! I had a shy, male cabin steward and my immediate neighbors were gone. :o

Best thing I ever did on the longer cruises was to join the roll calls. Met some really wonderful people who kind-of adopted me at times. ;)

Hi there

Has anyone been on a solo cruise with Princess? I am particularly interested in cruising from San Francisco /los Angeles on a 14/15 night trip to Hawaii. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Isobel

When you join the roll call, being on a solo cruise would just mean a separate cabin but with several friends and travel mates.

It can be fun with its long sea days. Not being solo cruisers, we met some of ours on those. Have fun.

Hi,

I have taken many Princess cruises solo and always had a wonderful time. It is very easy to meet people during the cruise. In addition to the dining room, I usually meet people during shore excursions and at shipboard activities (such as trivia). As the cruise progresses, I usually run into people who I have met earlier in the cruise. I enjoy meeting people and discussing travel (in fact, this is one of my favorite parts of cruising).

Chuck

This will be my 1st solo cruise on Princess & all of your comments have been very encouraging! :D I have done many solo cruises on other lines...mostly RCI & Celebrity...so am very excited to try Princess for the 1st time!