Eating at several Specialty Restuarnts the same night?

Lake Cheddar

Since most of the Specialty Restaurants are A la Carte, has anyone made reservations for several different ones on the same night? I would like to enjoy a few items from maybe two of them on a given night. Go to Le Bistro, their escargot and mussels are great, then half hour latter go the Cagney’s for a steak. Ocean Blue for their dessert. I don’t see why this wouldn’t be allowed, but I thought I’d ask.

I don't see why you couldn't do it. You probably couldn't make the reservations on line, since it only allows 1 per day, but you could probably make them at the reservation desk on the ship. If you are planning on using the SDP or the old UDP, read the terms and conditions.

Edited by NLH Arizona

On one of our cruises we made reservations online for Teppanyaki at 5pm and also made a reservation for La Cucina for 9:30 pm, where we got an evening pizza to split. So yeah, the system does (or at least did?) allow you to make more than one. However, they'd have to be more than 2.5 hours apart, I believe.

Just a thought, I believe that the specialty food comes from the same kitchen. Rather than take up 3 tables and have service from 3 crews, I wonder if they wouldn't just let you order off different menus at the same restaurant? No idea if this would be allowed but now that it's not a set charge for a set menu of options, if you expressed a desire to order a la carte off several menus this would seem less labor intensive than going to 3 restaurants.

Just a thought, I believe that the specialty food comes from the same kitchen. Rather than take up 3 tables and have service from 3 crews, I wonder if they wouldn't just let you order off different menus at the same restaurant? No idea if this would be allowed but now that it's not a set charge for a set menu of options, if you expressed a desire to order a la carte off several menus this would seem less labor intensive than going to 3 restaurants.
I don't believe that the specialty food comes from the same kitchen. Cagney's kitchen is an open kitchen and I've never seen anyone cooking or taking any Italian food out of there. I have seen some of the skewers of meat go out and over to Moderno, but never any pasta.

I thought of this also. We have done this a little in the past. Ordered a shrimp cocktail from Cagney's with dinner at Le Bistro. They accommodated us, but were not very happy about it.

I don't believe that the specialty food comes from the same kitchen. Cagney's kitchen is an open kitchen and I've never seen anyone cooking or taking any Italian food out of there. I have seen some of the skewers of meat go out and over to Moderno, but never any pasta.

It may be that there's a couple special things like that. But when I've taken 'behind the scene' tours before. The ships usually have two kitchens. I believe one is for the main dining rooms and the other is for speciality dining.

On the Sun Moderno is close to the buffet (On 11) while Cagney's and le Bisto are on 12, la Cucina is on 5 with the MDRs.

I would be certain that the specialties do not use the main kitchens. Also I would doubt you could order from menus from different specialties at one of them.

It's Freestyle do all you want, but don't plan on 30 minutes at each place, more like an hour, even for one course.

HaHa! We have taken a few dinners with three courses that took over three hours, and that was because we were enjoying the meal and tablemates!

If we wanted to spend less time, we would tell them ahead of time that we were going to the show or something. they would always accommodate us.

Since most of the Specialty Restaurants are A la Carte, has anyone made reservations for several different ones on the same night? I would like to enjoy a few items from maybe two of them on a given night. Go to Le Bistro, their escargot and mussels are great, then half hour latter go the Cagney’s for a steak. Ocean Blue for their dessert. I don’t see why this wouldn’t be allowed, but I thought I’d ask.

If you are staying in the Haven - there are many nice places to dine around the pools. Your butler will plan and serve.

We sometimes order dinners from two different restaurants and dine on our veranda or out by the pool...